From Guild Wars 2 Wiki
Click to enlarge.
Watery, foggy footprints.
Howler is a legendary warhorn crafted in the Mystic Forge.“
- This item allows selection of stats. See below for a list of available prefixes.
Superior Sigil of Accuracy Unused Infusion Slot
— In-game description
- Mystic Forge
- Output qty.
Howler is a wolf-headed warhorn with a snake coiling around the body of the horn.
- The user's body is coated in fog.
- The moon illuminates permanently at night
- Draw/Stow effects
- When drawn, small drops of water burst from the user's body.
- When drawn, the wolf will raise its head and let out a faint howl. The head raising animation will occasionally happen when the weapon is out, but it will not howl a second time.
- The user leaves behind watery footprints that quickly evaporate into fog.
- Skill effects
- Upon blowing the horn, the wolf's head howls and makes a faint howling sound a moon illuminates in the crescent of the horn for a brief moment, and sparkles appear around it. A ghostly wolf head appears for a brief moment above the player when using Charge, Call to Arms, or Call of the Wild, and mirrors the smaller wolf in the horn in howling leaving a foggy breath along with rings from the vibration of it's howl.
- Necromancer: Life Transfer and Tainted Shackles have the same effects as when using a horn skill if entering death shroud while wielding Howler.
Full ingredient list
|Required item||Primary ingredients||Component materials|
|Gift of Mastery||Bloodstone Shard||
|Obsidian Shard x250|
|Gift of Exploration|
|Gift of Battle|
|Gift of Fortune||Glob of Ectoplasm x250|
|Mystic Clover x77|
|Gift of Magic|
|Gift of Might|
|Gift of Howler 3||Icy Runestones x100||
|Superior Sigil of Accuracy|
|Gift of Wood 4|
|Wolf Statue 4|
- 1 Obsidian Shards are bought in multiples of three, costing three Laurels each. You would end up purchasing a total of 252 shards.
- 2 This item varies with each legendary.
- 3 These two Gifts change with each Legendary and require you to have characters that have mastered the respective crafting disciplines. The finished Gifts are Account Bound, which allows you to craft them on different characters.
- 4 Chance to get a precursor varies with rarity and level. 
- 5 There is an additional 96 charge for each Shard bought from the Priory Historian (Bandit Crest Collector)
The following prefixes can be selected:
- Howler originally featured unique day and night appearances, however, a game patch which was intended to remove an aura stacking exploit and some other nighttime bugs took away this effect.