From Guild Wars 2 Wiki
Click to enlarge.
Watery, foggy footprints.
Howler is a legendary warhorn crafted in the Mystic Forge.“
- Superior Sigil of Accuracy
- Unused Infusion Slot
— In-game description
- All legendary equipment has the ability to change it's stats during non-combat time to current PvE stat combinations.
- Mystic Forge
- Output qty.
Howler is a wolf-headed warhorn with a snake coiling around the body of the horn.
- The user's body is coated in fog.
- The moon illuminates permanently at night
- Draw/Stow effects
- When drawn, small drops of water burst from the user's body.
- The user leaves behind watery footprints that quickly evaporate into fog.
- Skill effects
- Upon blowing the horn, the wolf's head howls and makes a faint howling sound a moon illuminates in the crescent of the horn for a brief moment, and sparkles appear around it. A ghostly wolf head appears for a brief moment above the player, and mirrors the smaller wolf in the horn in howling leaving a foggy breath along with rings from the vibration of it's howl.
- Necromancer: Life Transfer and Tainted Shackles have the same effects as when using a horn skill if entering death shroud while wielding Howler.
Full ingredient list
|Required item||Primary ingredients||Component materials|
|Gift of Mastery||Bloodstone Shard|
|250 Obsidian Shard 1, 2|
|Gift of Exploration|
|Gift of Battle|
|Gift of Fortune||250 Glob of Ectoplasm|
|77 Mystic Clover||
|Gift of Magic|
|Gift of Might|
|Gift of Howler 3||Icy Runestones x100||
|Superior Sigil of Accuracy|
|Gift of Wood 4|
|Wolf Statue 4|
- 1 Obsidian shards usually come with a second currency cost;
- 2 Obsidian Shards can be bought for cheaper prices, which have no secondary currency cost, from daily random merchant tables from four sources: Ley-Energy Matter Converter (3 different tabs), Karmic Converter, Fractal Reliquary, and Sigurlina Jonsdottir ( Guild Commendations Vendor)
- 3 This item varies with each legendary.
- 4 These two Gifts change with each Legendary and require you to have characters that have mastered the respective crafting disciplines. The finished Gifts are Account Bound, which allows you to craft them on different characters.
- 5 Chance to get a precursor varies with rarity and level. 
- Howler originally featured unique day and night appearances, however, a game patch which was intended to remove an aura stacking exploit and some other nighttime bugs took away this effect.
- The missing nighttime effects were restored with the December 15, 2015 game update.
- Incidentally, Howler's nighttime effects were the result of a bug.