Click to enlarge.
- This item allows selection of stats. See below for a list of available prefixes.
Superior Sigil of Nullification
Unused Upgrade Slot
Unused Infusion Slot Unused Infusion Slot
— In-game description
- Mystic Forge
- Output qty.
Nevermore is a rune-inscribed raven staff. While stowed, three glowing cyan orbs float among the branches of the staff; and an animated raven is perched on the center branch. While drawn, the cyan orbs and raven are replaced by a spirit raven that encompasses the staff.
- The arm wielding Nevermore is covered in black feathers.
- While drawn, ravens continuously fly in the sky above the wielder.
- Draw/Stow effects
- When drawn, the perched raven flies upwards and the three glowing orbs spiral towards it. On impact, the raven dissipates in a burst of cyan feathers, and forms the spirit raven. In addition, a conspiracy of ravens fly above the user and cawing is heard.
- When stowed, the raven re-materializes and perches on the staff, and cawing is heard.
- The user leaves behind wisps of cyan feathers.
- Skill effects
- Default class weapon trails are replaced with a cyan mist and feathers.
- Critical hit attacks will spawn faint spirit ravens on the attacked enemy that fly away quickly.
- Default projectiles are replaced with spirit ravens that transform into glowing spheres mid-flight. Additionally, up to three ravens will fly out of the sky and trail the projectile. This effect changes the following skills:
- Guardian: Bolt of Wrath, Searing Light, and Seeking Judgment.
- Revenant: Essence Sap (downed skill), Rejuvenating Assault's whirl finishers, and Warding Rift.
- Druid: Astral Wisp, projectiles that pass through Sublime Conversion, and Throw Dirt (downed skill).
- Daredevil: Projectiles acquired through Steal, and Trail of Knives (downed skill).
- Necromancer: Dhuumfire, Dark Path, Life Blast and Necrotic Grasp.
- Elementalist: Chain Lightning, Fireball, Gust, Shockwave, Stoning, and Water Blast.
- Mesmer: Winds of Chaos.
Full material list
|Required item||Primary ingredients||Component materials|
|Mystic Tribute||Gift of Condensed Magic x2|
|Gift of Condensed Might x2|
|Mystic Clover x77|
|Mystic Coin x250||
|Gift of Nevermore||Gift of the Mists|
|Icy Runestones x100||
|Gift of the Raven Spirit|
|Gift of Energy|
|Gift of Maguuma Mastery||Gift of Maguuma|
|Gift of Insights|
|Crystalline Ingot x250|
|The Raven Staff|
- The following prefixes can be selected:
- It is recommended that you do not attempt to stat change your precursor item with the standard stat swap recipe in the Mystic Forge. Whilst you will be provided with an item with the desired stats, it will have been replaced with a generic asended item that cannot be used as a legendary precursor.
- The ravens spawned flying around the enemy after a critical hit scale with the size of that enemy's model. As such, they are almost imperceptible on small enemies like Lashtail Devourers, and massive on enemies like the Legendary Icebrood Construct.
- The staff is named for Edgar Allan Poe's poem "The Raven", which frequently repeats the word "nevermore."
- The staff's skin was datamined from a test server in December 2013 and was referred to by the community as the "Raven Staff" until it was revealed to be the legendary weapon Nevermore in October 2015.
- After its release, more friendly ravens appeared all over Tyria: for example, there's now one on the Marriner's Plaque that was once the statue of Cobiah Marriner.
- There was a Guild Wars Prophecies Game of the Year bonus item called the Nevermore Flatbow.
- Nevermore I: Ravenswood Branch - the first step towards crafting the precursor.
- Nevermore II: Ravenswood Staff
- Nevermore III: The Raven Staff
- Nevermore IV: The Raven Spirit