- 1,034 – 1,166
- Req. level
- Account Bound
Click to enlarge.
Nevermore is a legendary staff crafted in the Mystic Forge, through various materials and tasks tied to the Heart of Thorns expansion.“
- This item allows selection of stats. See below for a list of available prefixes.
Superior Sigil of Nullification
Unused Upgrade Slot
Unused Infusion Slot Unused Infusion Slot
— In-game description
- Mystic Forge
- Output qty.
Nevermore is a rune-inscribed raven staff. While stowed, three glowing cyan orbs float among the branches of the staff; and an animated raven is perched on the center branch. While drawn, the cyan orbs and raven are replaced by a spirit raven that encompasses the staff.
- The arm wielding Nevermore is covered in black feathers.
- While drawn, ravens occasionally fly above the user's head.
- Draw/Stow effects
- When drawn, the perched raven flies upwards and the three glowing orbs spiral towards it. On impact, the raven dissipates in a burst of cyan feathers, and forms the spirit raven. In addition, a conspiracy of ravens fly above the user and cawing is heard.
- When stowed, the raven re-materializes and perches on the staff, and cawing is heard.
- The user leaves behind wisps of cyan feathers.
- Skill effects
- Default class weapon trails are replaced with a cyan mist and feathers.
- Default projectiles are replaced with spirit ravens that transform into glowing spheres mid-flight. Additionally, up to three ravens will fly out of the sky and trail the projectile.
- Critical hit attacks will spawn faint spirit ravens on the attacked enemy that fly away quickly.
Full material list
|Required item||Primary ingredients||Component materials|
|Mystic Tribute||Gift of Condensed Magic x2|
|Gift of Condensed Might x2|
|Mystic Clover x77|
|Mystic Coin x250||
|Gift of Nevermore||Gift of the Mists|
|Icy Runestones x100||
|Gift of the Raven Spirit|
|Gift of Energy|
|Gift of Maguuma Mastery||Gift of Maguuma|
|Gift of Insights|
|Crystalline Ingot x250|
|The Raven Staff|
- The following prefixes can be selected:
- The staff is named for Edgar Allan Poe's poem "The Raven", which frequently repeats the word "nevermore."
- The staff's skin was datamined from a test server in December 2013 and was referred to by the community as the "Raven Staff" until it was revealed to be the legendary weapon Nevermore in October 2015.
- After its release, more friendly ravens appeared all over Tyria: for example, there's now one on the Marriner's Plaque that was once the statue of Cobiah Marriner.
- There was a Guild Wars Prophecies Game of the Year bonus item called the Nevermore Flatbow.
- Nevermore I: Ravenswood Branch - the first step towards crafting the precursor.
- Nevermore II: Ravenswood Staff
- Nevermore III: The Raven Staff
- Nevermore IV: The Raven Spirit