From Guild Wars 2 WikiJump to navigationJump to search
- 950 – 1,050
- Kamohoali'i Kotaki
- Req. level
- Account Bound on Use
- Item link
- Skin link
- Trading post
- External links
Click to enlarge.
- This item allows selection of stats. See below for a list of available prefixes.
Superior Sigil of Agony
Unused Upgrade Slot
Unused Infusion Slot Unused Infusion Slot
— In-game description
Kamohoali'i Kotaki is a legendary spear crafted in the Mystic Forge.
- Kamohoali'i Kotaki (guaranteed, discontinued)
- Legendary Cache (choice, discontinued)
- Legendary Choice Box (choice, discontinued)
- Legendary Reliquary (choice, discontinued)
- Tournament of Legends: First Place (choice, discontinued)
- Mystic Forge
- Output qty.
Kamohoali'i Kotaki is a shark spear that has a purple glow on it and leaves a trail of blood in the water as you swim.
- The user's body is surrounded by bubbles and scales.
- Critical hit effects
- Critical strikes while wielding Kamohoali'i Kotaki will cause a spirit shark to chomp the enemy. The size of the spirit shark varies depending on the hit-box of the enemy. This animation only appears for the following abilities:
- Guardian: Zealot's Flurry and Wrathful Grasp
- Warrior: Whirling Strike, Stab/Jab/Impale, Mariner's Frenzy, Parry, and Tsunami Slash
- Ranger: Surging Maw and Man O' War
- Thief: Stab/Jab/Poison Tip Strike/Deadly Strike and Nine-Tailed Strike
- Mesmer: Feigned Surge
- Necromancer: Cruel Strike/Wicked Strike, Wicked Spiral, Dark Spear, Plague Blast, and Wave of Fear
- Revenant: Spear of Anguish, Rapid Assault, Igniting Brand, and Devour Brand
- Draw/Stow effects
- When drawn, a burst of bubbles emanates from the user's body and a echo noise is heard. The shark's mouth at the end of the spear also opens and the spearhead comes out.
- When stowed, the spearhead retracts and the shark's mouth closes
- Skill effects
- Default projectiles are replaced with spirit shark projectiles.
Concept art by Kekai Kotaki.
Full material list
- The following prefixes can be selected:
- The name Kamohoalii is a reference to a shark god in Hawaiian mythology. Kotaki is the last name of Kekai Kotaki, a former ArenaNet concept artist who conceptualized this weapon.
- This item was named Maw of the Deep during beta testing.
- Kamohoali'i Kotaki I: The Experimental Spear
- Kamohoali'i Kotaki II: The Perfected Spear
- Kamohoali'i Kotaki III: Carcharias