From Guild Wars 2 Wiki
- 950 – 1,050
- Kamohoali'i Kotaki
- Req. level
- Account Bound on Use
Click to enlarge.
Kamohoali'i Kotaki is a legendary spear crafted in the Mystic Forge.“
- This item allows selection of stats. See below for a list of available prefixes.
Superior Sigil of Agony
Unused Upgrade Slot
Unused Infusion Slot Unused Infusion Slot
— In-game description
- Mystic Forge
- Output qty.
Kamohoali'i Kotaki is a shark spear that has a purple glow on it and leaves a trail of blood in the water as you swim.
- The user's body is surrounded by bubbles and scales.
- Critical hit effects
- Critical strikes while wielding Kamohoali'i Kotaki will cause a spirit shark to chomp the enemy. The size of the spirit shark varies depending on the hit-box of the enemy. This animation only appears for the following abilities:
- Guardian: Zealot's Flurry and Wrathful Grasp
- Warrior: Whirling Strike, Stab/Jab/Impale, Mariner's Frenzy, Parry, and Tsunami Slash
- Ranger: Surging Maw
- Thief: Stab/Jab/Poison Tip Strike, Flanking Dive, and Nine-Tailed Strike
- Mesmer: Feigned Surge
- Necromancer: Cruel Strike, Wicked Spiral, Deadly Catch, Dark Spear, and Life Blast
- Revenant: Rapid Assault
- Draw/Stow effects
- When drawn, a burst of bubbles emanates from the user's body and a echo noise is heard. The shark's mouth at the end of the spear also opens and the spearhead comes out.
- When stowed, the spearhead retracts and the shark's mouth closes
- Skill effects
- Default projectiles are replaced with spirit shark projectiles.
Full material list
|Required item||Primary ingredients||Component materials|
|Gift of Mastery||Bloodstone Shard||
|Obsidian Shard x250|
|Gift of Exploration|
|Gift of Battle|
|Gift of Fortune||Glob of Ectoplasm x250|
|Mystic Clover x77|
|Gift of Magic|
|Gift of Might|
|Gift of Kamohoali'i Kotaki 2||Icy Runestones x100||
|Superior Sigil of Agony|
|Gift of Metal 3|
|Shark Statue 3|
- 1 Obsidian Shards are bought in multiples of three, costing three Laurels each. You would end up purchasing a total of 252 shards.
- 2 This item varies with each legendary.
- 3 These two Gifts change with each Legendary and require you to have characters that have mastered the respective crafting disciplines. The finished Gifts are Account Bound, which allows you to craft them on different characters.
- 4 Chance to get a precursor varies with rarity and level. 
- 5 There is an additional 96 charge for each Shard bought from the Priory Historian (Bandit Crest Collector)
The following prefixes can be selected:
- The name Kamohoalii is a reference to a shark god in Hawaiian mythology. Kotaki is the last name of Kekai Kotaki, a former ArenaNet concept artist who conceptualized this weapon.
- This item was named Maw of the Deep during beta testing.