From Guild Wars 2 Wiki
Click to enlarge.
Obsidian shard footfalls.
Eureka is a legendary mace crafted in the Mystic Forge, connected to the Heart of Thorns expansion through the required tasks and materials.“
- This item allows selection of stats. See below for a list of available prefixes.
Superior Sigil of Smoldering Unused Infusion Slot
— In-game description
- Mystic Forge
- Output qty.
- The arm wielding Eureka glows red from the heat and grows crystals of red and purple obsidian, which constantly change in size and location.
- Draw/Stow Animation
- The character lights up in flames, similar to a Warrior's Berserk, and shards of flaming obsidian shatter off the body while making a sound of crumbling rocks.
- Lightning surges along the hilt, while the mace's prongs fold up and molten obsidian gathers at the tip to form the mace head.
- Once cooled down the mace head shows small embers inside, while emitting red-grey flames and silver sparkles.
- Stowing the mace will cause the head to cool off completely, and ultimately to shatter into small shards of obsidian. The previously extended prongs fold back into the initial state.
- The footfalls consist of reflective shards of obsidian in various sizes that erupt from the ground.
- Skill effects
- Swinging the mace emits a dark heavy sound and leaves a bright trail of red light.
- Warrior's Tremor will shoot a spike ball of obsidian similar to the mace head.
- Downstate projectile skills will shoot a spike ball of obsidian similar to the mace head.
Full material list
- Eureka was the first Heart of Thorns legendary weapon to use a new system of legendary weapon crafting.
- Both the names of the precursor (Endeavor) and legendary weapon (Eureka) have strong ties to iconic Australian culture. The ship of James Cook was the 'Endeavour', and the Eureka Stockade was a rebellion against the colonial authority of the time.
- Eureka is an interjection used to celebrate a discovery or invention. It is a transliteration of an exclamation attributed to Ancient Greek mathematician and inventor Archimedes. Hypothesis and For Science support this origin.
- ^ https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/legendary-weapons/ Guild Wars 2 official page