Stat changing or stat swapping is a feature of Legendary equipment that allows one to change the stats on their gear. Most Ascended gear can be replaced with new items that offer different stats; unlike legendary stat-swapping, this is not free and destroys the original gear (along with any upgrades or infusions it might have). Ascended weapons, armor, and attribute infusions are transitioned via parallel Mystic Forge recipes; some ascended trinkets can be reforged using special stat-changing items.
There are also stat selectable items, which allow the player to choose the attribute combination once.
If the item has already been equipped, players can either double click it to open up the same window, or unequip it and do the above method.
Ascended weapons and armor
Ascended weapons and armor items can be exchanged for another of the same type with different stats by using an Exotic insignia (armor) or inscription (weapon) with the desired stats in one of the Mystic Forge recipes presented below.
- See here for a list of inscriptions and insignia corresponding to each stat combo.
- Because this process destroys the old item and creates a new one, any upgrade components that have been slotted (such as runes, sigils, and infusions) will be lost upon using the recipe.
- Runes and sigils may be removed by using an Upgrade Extractor, however these often cost more than the rune or sigil you are attempting to remove.
- Infusions may be removed using an Infusion Extraction Device or an Upgrade Extractor.
- Warning: Using an ascended precursor weapon or armor with this recipe will yield a basic ascended weapon or armor and will no longer be usable to craft their respective legendary.
- Ascended trinkets and back items cannot have their stats changed, but certain stat-selectable items can be "reset" by infusing (or attuning) them, allowing their stats to be chosen again. Bloodstone and Mist items are an exception to this rule and may be stat changed using their respective capacitor (see below).
- Ascended breathing apparatuses can have their stats changed, as they are considered armor. However, some stats may be unavailable (such as Diviner's).
|Infusion of the desired stat|
|Power||25||Vial of Powerful Blood|
|Condition Damage||25||Powerful Venom Sac|
|Healing Power||25||Elaborate Totem|
Certain items that have selectable stats can have their stats reset, allowing the player to choose another.
|Same Bloodbound Weapon with selectable stats|
These are the only Rare items that can have their stats reset.
The stats on certain Ascended trinkets can have their stats reset by using their respective capacitor. Using this item will reset the stats of all respective trinkets in your inventory and destroy any upgrades placed in them (infusions and enrichments [verification requested]). It does not affect the ones currently equipped.
- Bloodstone Capacitor
- Mist Capacitor
Pseudo stat reset
- Infusing an Ascended ring or back item that has selectable stats will "reset" the item, allowing you to choose a different set of stats. This method is only possible once per ring or back item.
- The Regrown Caladbolg can be changed to a different weapon through Ridhais after completing The Sword Regrown side story. Changing it will allow you to choose its stats again.
- Despite being an ascended weapon, you cannot use the Mystic Forge to change its stats.
Similar to Ascended stat changing, using either of these methods will make you lose any upgrade components placed in them.
- There are no existing plans to offer stat-changing or stat transforming recipes for exotic or lesser rarities of gear.
- The stat changing attribute of Legendary weapons was added in the September 3, 2013 update.
- The Mystic Forge recipe to change the stats on Ascended was added in the June 23, 2015 update.