- Legendary equipment allows changing its stats freely whenever character is out of combat.
- Ascended weapons, armor, and certain attribute infusions can be replaced with new items that have different stats via the Mystic Forge. This process destroys the original gear along with any upgrades or infusions it might have.
- Stats on some special Ascended trinkets can be reset using their respective stat-changing items.
- Also, ascended rings and back items with selectable (not pre-defined) stats can have their stats "reset" a limited number of times as a side result of the processes of infusing and attuning.
- Stats of Rare Bloodbound weapons can be reset using the Mystic Forge with a recipe unique to these weapons.
Legendary equipment can have their currently selected stats changed at any time while out of combat at no cost. After equipping the legendary item from the Legendary Armory, right click and choose "Customize" or double click the item. Doing so will open a window where one may select or change the item's attribute combinations.
Ascended weapons and armor
Ascended weapons and armor items can be exchanged for another of the same type with different stats by using an Exotic insignia (armor) or inscription (weapon) with the desired stats in one of the Mystic Forge recipes presented below.
- See here for a list of inscriptions and insignia corresponding to each stat combo.
- Because this process destroys the old item and creates a new one, any upgrade components that have been slotted (such as runes, sigils, and infusions) will be lost upon using the recipe.
- Runes and sigils may be removed by using an Upgrade Extractor, however these often cost more than the rune or sigil you are attempting to remove.
- Infusions may be removed using an Infusion Extraction Device or an Upgrade Extractor.
- Warning: Using an ascended precursor weapon or armor with this recipe will yield a basic ascended weapon or armor and will no longer be usable to craft their respective legendary.
- Ascended trinkets and back items cannot have their stats changed, but certain stat-selectable items can be "reset" by infusing (or attuning) them, allowing their stats to be chosen again. Bloodstone and Mist items are an exception to this rule and may be stat changed using their respective capacitor (see below).
- Ascended aquatic headgear can have their stats changed, as they are considered armor. However, some stats may be unavailable (such as Diviner's).
|Infusion of the desired stat|
|Power||25||Vial of Powerful Blood|
|Condition Damage||25||Powerful Venom Sac|
|Healing Power||25||Elaborate Totem|
Certain items that have selectable stats can have their stats reset, allowing the player to choose another.
|Same Bloodbound Weapon with selectable stats|
These are the only Rare items that can have their stats reset.
The stats on certain special ascended trinkets can be reset by using their respective capacitor. Using this item will reset the stats of all respective trinkets in the inventory and destroy any upgrades placed in them (infusions and enrichments [verification requested]). It does not affect the ones currently equipped on the character.
- Bloodstone Capacitor, available from vendor in Bloodstone Fen (part of Living World Season 3 Episode 1 content), can be used to reset attribute prefix on the following items:
- Mist Capacitor, available from Fractals of the Mists, Player vs. Player, and World vs. World vendors, can be used to reset attribute prefix on the following items:
Pseudo stat reset
- Infusing and Attuning
- Most ascended rings can be infused and/or attuned which adds an extra infusion slot to the item. But for rings with selectable (not pre-defined) attribute combinations, this also results in their stats reset and being selectable again. Using this method, stats on such ascended ring can only be reset two times, once when attuning, and once when infusing it (can be done in any order).
- Most ascended back items can also be infused, but not attuned, although this process is more costly as it requires 250 Glob of Ectoplasms. It means, that, for stat-selectable ascended back items, their stats can be reset once in the process of infusing them.
- Special cases
- The Regrown Caladbolg can be changed to a different weapon type through Ridhais after completing The Sword Regrown side story. Changing it will allow to choosing its stats again.
- Despite Regrown Caladbolg being an ascended weapon, its is impossible to use the Mystic Forge to change its stats.
Similar to Ascended stat changing, using either of these methods will make you lose any upgrade components placed in them.
- There are no existing plans to offer stat-changing or stat transforming recipes for exotic or lesser rarities of gear.
- The stat changing attribute of Legendary weapons was added in the September 3, 2013 update. Before this point players would have had to obtain an item with the desired stats and then use a Transmutation Crystal or a Transmutation Stone to move the legendary weapon skin over.
- The Mystic Forge recipe to change the stats on Ascended was added in the June 23, 2015 update.