From Guild Wars 2 WikiJump to navigationJump to search
- 920 – 1,080
- Legendary weapons
- Aurene's Argument
- Req. level
- Item link
- Skin link
- Trading post
- External links
Click to enlarge.
Iridescent crystals with expanding rainbows on footfalls.
- This item allows selection of stats. See below for a list of available prefixes.
Unused Upgrade Slot Unused Infusion Slot
— In-game description
Aurene's Argument is a legendary pistol crafted in the Mystic Forge.
- Mystic Forge
- Output qty.
Aurene's Argument is a white and iridescent speckled crystalline pistol with somewhat transparent yellowed ivory frills reminiscent of the Elder Dragon Aurene.
- A soft ivory light endlessly winds and swirls down the barrel shaft.
- Star-like iridescent glitter occasionally shoots out of random spots.
- The frills will move and sway to match any motion applied to the pistol.
- Whether it is stowed or drawn, a nearly prismatic painterly trail follows the pistol while in motion, accompanied by assorted coloured glitter that linger and extend far beyond the starting point.
- There is a unique projectile, explosion effect, and sound effect when firing.
- Draw/Stow Effects
- Upon being drawn, a bright almost rainbow streak of light shoots down onto the player, followed immediately by a large circular burst of rapidly changing prismatic light and glitter that is loosely enshrouded by iridescent crystals that float upward and linger briefly before imploding.
- A two-toned exploding sound followed by a high-pitched dragon screech accompanies the initial burst of light, while a sound of glass softly clinking against another source of glass matches the floating crystals that appear shortly after.
- While the pistol is drawn, a constantly shifting rainbow light encompasses and moves down the bicep of the right arm to the hand, as well as the left forearm down to the hand, regardless of which hand is wielding it. A soft prismatic aura surrounds it, similar to the aura from Prismatic Champion's Regalia, as well as a constantly bright shining ivory light appearing out of the barrel's exit.
- When stowing the pistol, a reverse of the two-toned explosion can be heard, as if the light is being suctioned back inside.
- Aurene's Argument's footfall effect begins with a flat, wavy, circular rainbow aura on the ground that slowly expands before disappearing. This is almost instantly accompanied by a rapidly grown three-dimensional cluster of the same crystalline shards the pistol is made of, with a matching rapidly expanding spherical rainbow ray that quickly dissipates, leaving the cluster of crystal to briefly linger before collapsing upon itself.
- Skill effects
- Certain projectiles are replaced by a nearly imperceptible bead surrounded by prismatic light, with a thin prismatic trail. Upon firing, a large burst of rainbow light and star-like glitter encloses a bright white light before releasing the projectile. The initial explosion as well as the bead of light will illuminate the area around them in a swiftly shifting array of colours. This is followed by a puff of smoke and assorted coloured star-like glitter that expands outward before disappearing. This effect changes the following skills:
- Mesmer: Phantasmal Duelist and Magic Bullet. Only the initial three projectiles of Phantasmal Duelist are changed, the final formed bullet and phantasm's bullets are unaffected.
- Engineer: Fragmentation Shot, Poison Dart Volley, Static Shot, Grenade Barrage, Throw Junk (downed skill), Grappling Line (downed skill), and the projectiles from Static Shot that bounce between enemies.
- Thief: Vital Shot, Sneak Attack, Bola Shot, Repeater, Shadow Strike, Unload, Head Shot, Black Powder, and Trail of Knives (downed skill).
- The Holosmith's Photon Blitz, Specter's Measured Shot, Haunt Shot, and all of the Bladesworn's Gunsaber projectiles are unaffected.
- Kill animation
- On a seemingly random level of occurrence, there will be a swift prismatic crescent of light (similar to Aurene's trail when she flies at top speed) above a circular cluster of iridescent crystals and beams of light that enshroud the corpse of the slain foe. There is also an explosion of other smaller floating iridescent crystals, similar to the floating crystals seen on the draw animation. This can even happen while wielding a different weapon set, as long as one of the sets has this pistol equipped. The animation is inspired by how Aurene uses her special breath to brand things into her crystals like how her grandfather branded creatures, places, and things.
Full material list
|Required item||Primary ingredients||Component materials|
|Gift of Jade Mastery||Gift of the Dragon Empire|
|Gift of Cantha|
|100 Antique Summoning Stones||
|Draconic Tribute||38 Mystic Clovers|
|5 Amalgamated Draconic Lodestone|
|Gift of Condensed Might|
|Gift of Condensed Magic|
|Gift of Aurene's Argument||Poem on Pistols|
|100 Mystic Runestones||
|Gift of Research|
|Gift of the Mists|
- The following prefixes can be selected:
- Aurene's Argument shares the same arm auras, footfalls, and kill animation with the other Aurene legendary weapons, as they are all themed after her.