Account Bound is a binding mechanic that designates an entity in the game to be restricted to the account of the player. For items, it means that they cannot be placed on the Trading Post or mailed, but may be passed to other characters within the account via the Account vault. Account bound equipment items can also be used by other characters on the account. Account Bound items can still be salvaged or sold to merchants if they have a coin value.
The more strict analog of account bound is soulbound, or character bound, where the entity is restricted to a single character. Equipment may also be soulbound on use, where it can be moved freely until equipped once by a character.
- Currencies: All currencies are account wide and shared among all characters.
- Bank and Collections.
- PvP Rank.
- Achievements, titles and achievement rewards.
- Fractal level.
- Daily bonus chests from world bosses.
- Daily Dungeon bonus chests.
- Gem Store items
- Most items from Black Lion Chests
- Most items from Achievement Chest
- Most items bought from merchants
- Items bought from karma merchants
- Ectoplasm refinement materials and Charged Quartz Crystals
- Some exotic equipment
- Ascended equipment
- Generation one and generation three Legendary weapons once equipped, Generation 2 Legendary weapons always
- PvP rewards
- Most Token