Chuka and Champawat
Chuka and Champawat
Click to enlarge.
Orange paw footfalls.
- This item allows selection of stats. See below for a list of available prefixes.
Superior Sigil of Accuracy
Unused Upgrade Slot
Unused Infusion Slot Unused Infusion Slot
— In-game description
- Mystic Forge
- Output qty.
Chuka and Champawat is a tiger-themed shortbow, sporting an intricate design with a red and gold color scheme. The grip of the bow is decorated by a glowing red tear-shaped orb, framed by two symmetrically positioned rearing gilded red-eyed tigers, both facing the outer tips of the bow. The tails of the tigers are intertwined below the gemstone and are above the wielder's hand when the weapon is drawn. Both upper and lower limb of the bow are primarily covered by red, slightly curved wood ornaments, which emit a faint black and red aura.
- The torso and the wrists of the character have an orange-red aura with alternating effects similar to the Torment condition visuals when the weapon is drawn.
- Draw/Stow effects
- Upon drawing the bow, the spirits of two tigers, Chuka and Champawat, "enter" the weapon and "empower" the player character, who grows slightly in size with the upper body being shrouded in a light reddish glow. A warping sound accompanied by a faint roar is heard in the background. A cyclone-like vortex of orange-red light, shaped in a three-clawed way, surrounds the character briefly.
- Upon stowing the bow, the vortex, slightly smaller this time, reappears and vanishes in the weapon. The player glow ceases as well.
- Upon movement, the tips of the bow leave an orange-red trail.
- For a few seconds, intense glowing red-orange claw marks adorn the ground.
- Skill effects
- Projectile effects: tiger spirits shoot out of the bow, which leave a faint contrail of the same color and shape as the claw mark footfalls. This effect changes the following skills:
- Ranger: Crossfire, Poison Volley, Quick Shot, Crippling Shot, Concussion Shot, and Throw Dirt (downed skill).
- Renegade: Shattershot, Bloodbane Path, Sevenshot, Citadel Bombardment, and Essence Sap (downed skill).
- Thief: Trick Shot, Surprise Shot, Cluster Bomb, Detonate Cluster, Disabling Shot, Choking Gas, Infiltrator's Arrow, Trail of Knives (downed skill) and projectiles acquired through Steal.
Full ingredient list
|Required item||Primary ingredients||Component materials|
|Mystic Tribute||Gift of Condensed Magic x2|
|Gift of Condensed Might x2|
|Mystic Clover x77|
|Mystic Coin x250||
|Gift of Chuka and Champawat||Gift of the Mists|
|Icy Runestones x100||
|Gift of Family|
|Gift of Wood|
|Gift of Maguuma Mastery||Gift of Maguuma|
|Gift of Insights|
|Crystalline Ingot x250|
- The following prefixes can be selected:
- It is recommended that you do not attempt to stat change your precursor item with the standard stat swap recipe in the Mystic Forge. While you will be provided with an item with the desired stats, it will have been replaced with a generic ascended item that cannot be used as a legendary precursor.
- The name of the weapon was first announced on March 25th 2016. 
- The name is a reference to two infamous tigers encountered in India and Nepal in the 1900s, the Champawat and Chuka, man-eating tigers.
- Chuka and Champawat I: The Hunt
- Chuka and Champawat II: Ambush
- Chuka and Champawat III: Tigris
- Chuka and Champawat IV: A Nontraditional Family