From Guild Wars 2 WikiJump to navigationJump to search
Click to enlarge.
Rainbow horseshoes footfalls.
- This item allows selection of stats. See below for a list of available prefixes.
Superior Sigil of Purity
Unused Upgrade Slot
Unused Infusion Slot Unused Infusion Slot
— In-game description
- Mystic Forge
- Output qty.
- The user arms are covered with pink sparkling aura. Leaving rainbow trail.
- When drawn a unicorn motif with two rainbow swirling around it is briefly seen.
- The user leaves behind rainbows and rainbow horseshoes.
- Rainbow ribbons swirl around the player as rainbow colored glitter shoots out. A purple glittering unicorn appears and leaps up and away from the player's torso.
- Skill effects
- A neighing sound is heard upon firing the bow.
- Default projectiles are replaced with a large unicorn running along a purple path. The unicorn's mane starts out being short and red/orange in color, but grows into a rainbow and becomes the trail of the projectile. This effect changes the following skills:
- Ranger: Crossfire, Poison Volley, Quick Shot, Crippling Shot, Concussion Shot, and Throw Dirt (downed skill).
- Renegade: Shattershot, Bloodbane Path, Sevenshot, Citadel Bombardment, and Essence Sap (downed skill).
- Thief: Trick Shot, Surprise Shot, Cluster Bomb, Detonate Cluster, Disabling Shot, Choking Gas, Infiltrator's Arrow, Trail of Knives (downed skill) and projectiles acquired through Steal.
Full material list
|Required item||Primary ingredients||Component materials|
|Gift of Mastery||Bloodstone Shard||
|Obsidian Shard x250|
|Gift of Exploration|
|Gift of Battle|
|Gift of Fortune||Glob of Ectoplasm x250|
|Mystic Clover x77|
|Gift of Magic|
|Gift of Might|
|Gift of The Dreamer2||Icy Runestones x100||
|Superior Sigil of Purity|
|Gift of Wood3|
|The Lover 2||
- 1 Obsidian Shards are bought in multiples of three, costing three Laurels each. You would end up purchasing a total of 252 shards.
- 2 This item varies with each legendary.
- 3 These two Gifts change with each Legendary and require you to have characters that have mastered the respective crafting disciplines. The finished Gifts are Account Bound, which allows you to craft them on different characters.
- 4 Chance to get a precursor varies with rarity and level. 
- 5 There is an additional 96 charge for each Shard bought from the Priory Historian (Bandit Crest Collector)
- The following prefixes can be selected:
- The Dreamer, and its prerequisite The Lover, may be a reference to lyrics "The lovers, the dreamers, and me" from The Rainbow Connection.
- The motif of the unicorn and rainbow might be a reference to the flash game Robot Unicorn Attack, which featured a (robot) unicorn able to dash with a rainbow aura. The game over screen also tells the player "your dreams did not come true" and prompts the player to "chase your dreams again" by pressing a button, which might have influenced the name of the short bow.
- The ArenaNet logo on the flank of the unicorn is a reference to the My Little Pony franchise, in which characters have a symbol (cutie mark), which represents a special talent or prominent personality trait, displayed on their flanks.