The Flameseeker Prophecies
- "Flameseeker Prophecies" redirects here. For the prophecies compiled by Glint, see Flameseeker Verse. For the Path of Fire achievement, see Flameseeker Prophecies (achievement).
The Flameseeker Prophecies
- 846 – 954
- The Flameseeker Prophecies
- Req. level
- Account Bound on Use
Click to enlarge.
Krytan letter footfalls.
The Flameseeker Prophecies is a legendary shield crafted in the Mystic Forge.“
- This item allows selection of stats. See below for a list of available prefixes.
Superior Sigil of Battle Unused Infusion Slot
— In-game description
The shield contains motifs along the edges and an excerpt text in New Krytan (stylized form) of the Flameseeker Prophecies. The prophecies, compiled by Glint, foretold most of the events of Guild Wars Prophecies, from the fall of Ascalon to the unleashing of the titans.
- Mystic Forge
- Output qty.
The Flameseeker Prophecies is a golden shield with a book in the center. While drawn, the book on the front as well as the arm holding it and much of the shield's surface glows blue.
- The arm holding the shield has an aura of blue light around it.
- Draw/Stow effects
- When drawn, a glowing blue page turns on the book.
- When drawn, a burst of pale blue light followed by a spiral of New Krytan symbols will appear.
- When drawn, a high-pitched sound could be heard.
- As your character walks, very faint light blue bursts will appear, followed by New Krytan symbols.
- Skill effects
- Attacks cause a glowing blue page to turn on the book.
- Projectile skills will throw the book from the shield, with a blue/white trail and pages flying free. Unlike other projectile effects, Tides of Time retains its original animation as well as gaining the shields projectile.
Full material list
|Required item||Primary ingredients||Component materials|
|Gift of Mastery||Bloodstone Shard||
|Obsidian Shard x250|
|Gift of Exploration|
|Gift of Battle|
|Gift of Fortune||Glob of Ectoplasm x250|
|Mystic Clover x77|
|Gift of Magic|
|Gift of Might|
|Gift of The Flameseeker Prophecies||Icy Runestones x100||
|Superior Sigil of Battle|
|Gift of Metal 3|
|Gift of History 3|
|The Chosen 2||
- 1 Obsidian Shards are bought in multiples of three, costing three Laurels each. You would end up purchasing a total of 252 shards.
- 2 This item varies with each legendary.
- 3 These two Gifts change with each Legendary and require you to have characters that have mastered the respective crafting disciplines. The finished Gifts are Account Bound, which allows you to craft them on different characters.
- 4 Chance to get a precursor varies with rarity and level. 
- 5 There is an additional 96 charge for each Shard bought from the Priory Historian (Bandit Crest Collector)
The following prefixes can be selected:
- New effects were added to this weapon with the 1st December 2015 update.
- The text of the book is not an excerpt from the original prophecies themselves, but rather a compilation of ravings by a scribe called Meerak the Shouter. The text reads as follows:
|Click "show" to read|
- Meerak's above ravings mention the demise of Prince Rurik and the fight against the mursaat. In addition to these, the original prophecies also mention:
- The Searing and following destruction of Ascalon.
- A warning of a traitor and the rising of the undeads in Kryta: "Trust not the treacherous man, we have been warned! Prepare for the coming of those whose departure caused the gods to weep!"
- The consequences of the undead rising: "Soon the true seers will be revealed", "The war against the divine" will begin.
- The Crystal Desert and ascending of the chosen ones.
- The White Mantle's action in the Shiverpeaks, the dwarf civil war: "An opening will be given to the disciples of the Unseen. The peaks and valleys of the Shiverpeaks will be painted in blood."
- The travel of the ascendants to the Ring of Fire islands (more precisely, to the Door of Komalie): "At this time, the Ascendants will rise, and the way to the Door will be clear."
- The demise of the Titans (presumably the "flame" being sought): "Long into the Season of the Scion, Tyria is revived again. Over the bones of the bird of prey, the fire is put out and the diabolic gathering is closed off once again."