A skin is a property of equipment that determines the appearance of the item. All equipment except trinkets have an appearance and therefore a corresponding skin. The skin type corresponds to the armor and weapon type the skin can be applied to.
A skin must be unlocked before it is available for use.
- Using skin consumables
- Equipping items
- Salvaging items
- Destroying items
- Acquiring account bound items
- Right-clicking on the item and account binding it
- Once unlocked, a skin is potentially usable by every character on the account on other pieces of equipment through the wardrobe at the cost of a Transmutation Charge.
- All skins (both locked and unlocked) are visible in the Wardrobe Storage in the account vault.
- The only unlocked skins available are:
- For some armor skins, unlocking a skin of a particular armor class will unlock the versions for the other armor classes.
- PvP items were removed and unlocked skins with the April 15, 2014 game update.