Click to enlarge.
Frostfang is a legendary axe crafted in the Mystic Forge. It is named after Frostfang, Jormag's champion whom Asgeir Dragonrender slew with a single blow.“
- This item allows selection of stats. See below for a list of available prefixes.
Superior Sigil of Ice Unused Infusion Slot
— In-game description
- Mystic Forge
- Output qty.
Frostfang is an icy dragon-headed axe covered in scales. While drawn, the mouth of the dragon chatters and emits a frosty breath.
- The arm wielding Frostfang is encased in a block of ice and frost, which emits a foggy vapor.
- Draw/Stow effects
- When drawn, the sound of a cold wind can be heard and ice swirls up the arm of the hand wielding Frostfang.
- When stowed, an icy aura pulses from the mouth and tiny bits of snow fall.
- The user leaves behind icy footprints.
- Kill animations
- Enemies killed by Frostfang will display chilled death animations.
- Sound effects
Successful melee strikes and ranged projectiles hits will sound like crumbling ice for all skills. This effect can get loud when striking multiple times such as with Whirling Defense or Imaginary Axes with several clones using Mirrored Axes and Infinite Horizon.
- Skill effects
- Default class weapon trails are replaced with icy trails.
- Ranged skills will throw Frostfang instead of the default projectile. This effect changes the following skills:
- Warrior: Throw Axe, and Throw Rock (downed skill)
- Ranger: Ricochet, Splitblade, Winter's Bite, Path of Scars, and Throw Dirt (downed skill)
- Mirage: Phantasmal axes thrown by Imaginary Axes and the Mirrored Axes trait
- Necromancer: Life Blast and Dark Path
- Revenant: Frigid Blitz and Essence Sap (downed skill)
Concept art by Kekai Kotaki.
Full ingredient list
|Required item||Primary ingredients||Component materials|
|Gift of Mastery||Bloodstone Shard||
|Obsidian Shard (250)|
|Gift of Exploration|
|Gift of Battle|
|Gift of Fortune||Glob of Ectoplasm (250)|
|Mystic Clover (77)|
|Gift of Magic|
|Gift of Might|
|Gift of Frostfang||Icy Runestones x100||
|Superior Sigil of Ice|
|Gift of Metal 3|
|Gift of Ice3|
|Tooth of Frostfang2||
- 1 Obsidian Shards are bought in multiples of three, costing three Laurels each. You would end up purchasing a total of 252 shards.
- 2 This item varies with each legendary.
- 3 These two Gifts change with each Legendary and require you to have characters that have mastered the respective crafting disciplines. The finished Gifts are Account Bound, which allows you to craft them on different characters.
- 4 Chance to get a precursor varies with rarity and level. Archived forum post
- 5 There is an additional 96 charge for each Shard bought from the Priory Historian (Bandit Crest Collector)
The following prefixes can be selected:
- Legendaries in the main hand take priority for footfalls. E.g. using Bolt in main hand and Frostfang in off hand will result in Bolt footfalls.