- This article is about the necromancer profession mechanic. For the effect, see Death Shroud (effect). For the NPC skill, see Death Shroud (NPC skill).
— In-game description [?]
Death Shroud is the necromancer's unique mechanic providing some passive benefits and replacing the necromancer's normal weapon skills with a fixed set of Death Shroud skills. It is fueled by life force and can be entered even while under control effects.
- Death Shroud has a base 10-second recharge upon activation. Death Shroud ends either when the life force pool is completely depleted, or when manually deactivated. Manually deactivating Death Shroud will trigger another 10-second cooldown before Death Shroud can be used again.
- A minimum of 10% life force is required to enter Death Shroud.
- While in Death Shroud, the necromancer's health is temporarily replaced by their life force pool, and all damage dealt will be inflicted to the life force pool instead of the necromancer's normal health pool.
- While in Death Shroud, the necromancer naturally loses 4% of its total life force pool every second.
- Necromancers cannot be healed while in Death Shroud. Effects that normally restore health will have no effect on either the life force pool or the necromancer's regular health pool.
- Skills and traits that refill life force will continue to function while in Death Shroud. However, the necromancer will not get life force from nearby deaths.
- While in Death Shroud, upgrades, such as sigils, on the necromancer's currently equipped weapon continue to function. The weapon damage of the equipped weapon is applied to the Death Shroud skills, including any traits that affect the equipped weapon, such as Axe Training.
- While in Death Shroud, players cannot interact with objects. This includes picking up bundles, reviving allies, and interacting with environmental objects.
When under the effect of Death Shroud, these skills replace the normal weapon skill bar. They can't be changed but can be upgraded through the use of traits.
The following page was generated on April 17, 03:50 UTC. You may want to request the most recent version.
|1||Life Blast||Blast a foe with life force, dealing more damage the closer you are to your target.|
|2||Dark Path||15||Send out a claw. If this attack hits a foe, you teleport to that foe, bleeding it and chilling nearby foes.|
|3||Doom||20||Make your foe flee in fear, increased duration at close range.|
|4||Life Transfer||40||Damage nearby foes and steal their life force.|
|5||Tainted Shackles||40||Bind nearby enemies with your life force, conditioning them repeatedly. If enemies move out of range of this ability, the bind will break prematurely. If the bind is allowed to expire naturally, it immobilizes and damages them.|
|1||Life Blast||Blast a foe with a plague that transfers one condition to them.|
|2||Dark Water||15||Blind and poison foes near your target with a dark cloud.|
|3||Wave of Fear||25||Terrify all foes in front of you with a wave of fear.|
|4||Gathering Plague||30||Draw conditions from nearby allies to yourself, and inflict weakness on yourself.|
|5||Tainted Shackles||40||Bind nearby enemies with your life force, conditioning them repeatedly. If enemies move out of range of this ability, the bind will break. If the bind is allowed to expire, it immobilizes and damages them.|
- Deathly Invigoration - Heal in an area when you leave death shroud.
- Furious Demise - Gain fury when entering Death Shroud.
- Weakening Shroud - Cast Enfeeble when entering death shroud.
- Death Shiver - Constantly apply vulnerability to nearby foes while in death shroud.
- Shrouded Removal - Lose a condition when you enter death shroud.
- Each point in Soul Reaping increases the Life force pool by 1%.
- Deathly Perception - Increases critical-hit chance while in death shroud.
- Foot in the Grave - Gain stability when you enter death shroud.
- Near to Death - Reduces recharge on Death Shroud.
- Speed of Shadows - Increases movement speed while in death shroud.
- Vital Persistence - Life force drains slower while in death shroud.
- Path of Midnight - Reduces recharge on death shroud skills.
- When activating Death Shroud a character they will occasionally shout out one of the following lines, depending on their race and gender.
|Asura||I am Death Incarnate!||I am Death Incarnate!|
|Charr||I am Death Incarnate!||I am Death Incarnate!|
|Human||I am Death Incarnate!||I am Death Incarnate!|
|Norn||I am Death!||I am Death Incarnate!|
|Sylvari||I am Death Incarnate!||I am Death Incarnate!|
- Does not actually remove Spectral Effects, it was changed in the 25th June, 2013 update, however the ingame tooltip still says it removes them.
- Death Shroud prior to the July, 23 2013 update would absorb/negate damage that went over its capacity. This made it possible to jump from any height and survive, as well to mitigate overflow damage to real hp, though all secondary effects of skills still applied.
- The March 26, 2013 update removed the custom interface and moved the skills to a normal weapon skill bar.
- Originally Death Shroud would cause the necromancer to "rewind" back to the point where they activated the shroud, but this was scrapped as too confusing to use.
- At one point during development, the necromancer would enter Death Shroud when downed.