“Assume a spectral form and gain new skills, turning your life force into health. Entering this form removes other spectral effects.
— In-game description [?]
Death Shroud is the necromancer's unique mechanic providing some passive benefits and replacing the necromancer's normal weapon skills with a fixed set of Death Shroud skills. It is fueled by life force and can be entered even while under control effects. There is however a 10 second recharge after exiting, and a certain minimum amount of life force is required to enter it.
When under the effect of Death Shroud, these skills replace the normal weapon skill bar. They can't be changed but can be upgraded through the use of traits.
The following page was generated on June 17, 05:27 UTC. You may want to request the most recent version.
|1||Life Blast||Blast a foe with accumulated life force, dealing more damage the more life force you have.|
|2||Dark Path||15||Send out a claw. If this attack hits a foe, you teleport to that foe and chill nearby foes.|
|3||Doom||20||Make your foe flee in fear.|
|4||Life Transfer||40||Damage nearby foes and steal their life force.|
|1||Life Blast||Blast a foe with a plague that transfers one condition to them.|
|2||Dark Water||15||Blind and poison foes near your target with a dark cloud.|
|3||Wave of Fear||25||Terrify all foes in front of you with a wave of fear.|
|4||Gathering Plague||30||Draw conditions from nearby allies to yourself, and inflict weakness on yourself.|
- Deathly Invigoration - Heal in an area when you leave death shroud.
- Furious Demise - Gain fury for 5 seconds when entering Death Shroud.
- Weakening Shroud - Cast Enfeebling Blood when entering death shroud.
- Death Shiver - Apply vulnerability for 10 seconds every 3 seconds to nearby enemies while in Death Shroud.
- Shrouded Removal - Lose a condition when you enter death shroud.
- Each point in Soul Reaping increases the Life force pool by 1%.
- Foot in the Grave - Gain stability for 3 seconds when you enter death shroud.
- Near to Death - Death Shroud recharges 50% faster.
- Speed of Shadows - Move 15% faster while in death shroud.
- Vital Persistence - Life force drains 25% slower while in death shroud.
- Path of Midnight - All death shroud skills recharge 15% faster.
- You cannot perform certain actions while in Death Shroud, including finishing or reviving players and picking up or carrying bundles.
- Taking falling damage while in Death Shroud will drain life force. Any excess falling damage is negated, allowing any necromancer to fall from heights normally deadly.
- When activating Death Shroud a character they will occasionally shout out one of the following lines, depending on their race and gender.
|Asura||I am Death Incarnate!||I am Death!|
|Charr||I am Death Incarnate!|
|Human||I am Death Incarnate!||I am Death Incarnate!|
|Norn||I am Death!|
|Sylvari||I am Death Incarnate!|
- The March 26, 2013 update removed the custom interface and moved the skills to a normal weapon skill bar.
- Originally Death Shroud would cause the necromancer to "rewind" back to the point where they activated the shroud, but this was scrapped as too confusing to use.
- At one point during development, the necromancer would enter Death Shroud when downed.