Ascended weapons can be obtained in a variety of ways.
Completing certain achievements will reward players with an Ascended weapon.
- Gold Fractal Master
- Machined Weapons collection
- War Cache of the Twin Dynasts
- Primordus Weapons collection - Staff only. Requires Living World season 3 chapter 2 - Rising Flames to complete.
- Specialization Collections - Requires the respective elite specialization to be unlocked. Must be fully trained to complete.
- From Heart of Thorns, the following can be obtained: greatsword, hammer, longbow, shield (1), shield (2), staff (1), staff (2), torch, warhorn
- From Path of Fire, the following can be obtained: axe (1), axe (2), dagger (1), dagger (2), rifle, short bow, sword (1), sword (2), torch
- From End of Dragons, the following can be obtained: dagger, greatsword, hammer (1), hammer (2), mace, pistol (1), pistol (2), scepter, sword
- Knight of the Thorn - Requires Heart of Thorns chapter 16: Hearts and Minds to be completed. Choice of dagger, greatsword, scepter, shield, or sword. May be exchanged for a different one through Ridhais.
- The King Toad and The Storm Wizard - Requires Super Adventure Box festival to be active.
- Primary article: Ascended crafting#Ascended weapons
Ascended weapons may be crafted by level 500 Artificer, Huntsman and Weaponsmiths. The recipes can be bought from certain NPCs (e.g. Master craftsmans or Guild Traders) or obtained from opening certain containers or recipe books. Because some materials are timegated (limited to one craft per day), each weapon requires a minimum of 5 days to craft. This timegate may be circumvented by purchasing the refined materials.
Players can also craft Grandmaster Marks to exchange for Ascended weapons at certain vendors. The recipes for these marks are sold at BLING-9009, Ascended Weapon League Vendor and Skirmish Supervisor.
Completing certain events can reward players with Ascended weapons.
- Defeating Tequatl the Sunless has a small chance to reward players with a Tequatl's Hoard or an Ascended weapon chests, from the Exotic Dragon Chest which is only obtainable once daily.
- Defeating Drakkar has a small chance to reward players with Drakkar's Hoard from the daily bonus chest.
- Mistborn Coffers in Dragonfall have a small chance to contain Gift of Aurene (one gift is guaranteed to drop once per account within the first 1000 coffers opened).
- Dragon Coffers, available during Dragon Bash festival and through trading, have a small chance to contain Gift of Aurene or Tequatl's Hoard.
- Daily fractal chests have a small chance of rewarding Ascended weapon chests.
- Raid bosses have a chance to drop a specific weapon. This weapon is the same type available for purchase from Scholar Glenna after defeating that particular boss. Only available once per kill weekly.
- World versus World rank up rewards
- Reward track loot boxes
- Guild missions
- Very small chance from opening Champion loot bags.
Weapons can be bought with the following currencies.
- Summary overview
|Fractals of the Mists||Fractal Research Pages + Fractal Relics + Grandmaster Marks  + Coin||Any weapon type with any stats |
|Player versus Player||Ascended Shards of Glory + Shard of Glory + Grandmaster Marks  + Coin||Any weapon type with any stats |
|World versus World||WvW Skirmish Claim Tickets + Memories of Battle + Grandmaster Marks  + Coin||Any weapon type with any stats |
|Raids||Raid currencies + Coin||Any weapon type with any stats |
|Strike Missions||Blue Prophet Shard + Coin||Any weapon type with core stats|
|Strike Missions||Green Prophet Shard + Coin||Any weapon type with any stats |
- ^ a b c Grandmaster Marks can only be used to exchange for weapons that particular crafting discipline can craft, i.e. Grandmaster Weaponsmith's Marks can only be used to exchange for weaponsmith weapons, Grandmaster Huntsman's Marks for huntsman weapons, and Grandmaster Artificer's Marks for artificer weapons.
- ^ a b c d e Available prefixes depend on which expansions you currently own.
- Details of the individual vendors and exact costs
|BLING-9009 ||24 +
|Mistlock Observatory||Stat selectable Cobalt Antique weapons with any stats|
|Ascended Weapon League Vendor ||400 +
|Heart of the Mists||Predefined Antique weapons with any stats|
|Skirmish Supervisor ||350 +
|Any WvW map||Stat selectable Mistforged Hero's weapons with any stats|
|Basic Magnetite Exchange Operative
Scholar Glenna 
|+ 15||+ 15||+ 30||+ 30||Lion's Arch Aerodrome
|Stat selectable Violet Antique weapons with any stats|
|Scholar Glenna ||600 +
|Various raid wings||Stat selectable raid weapons|
|Crystallographer Smoxxi||+ 15||+ 15||+ 15||+ 15||Eye of the North||Predefined weapons with core stats|
|Zazzl||+ 15||+ 15||+ 15||+ 15||Arborstone||Stat selectable Living Water weapons with any stats|
- ^ a b c Grandmaster Marks can only be used to exchange for weapons that particular discipline can craft, i.e. Grandmaster Weaponsmith's Marks can be used to exchange for swords, but cannot be used to exchange for a torch or staff.
- ^ a b c d e f Available prefixes depend on which expansions you currently own.
- ^ Requires respective Hero's weapons from the Hero Weapon Reward Track before purchase can be available.
- ^ a b Items that can be purchased from Glenna can also be purchased from the Portable Magnetite Shard Exchange
- ^ Items offered differs depending on her location
- ^ Requires completion of their respective raid encounter before purchase is available.
List of ascended weapons
Available weapon prefixes
This first table acts as a directory.
- Search for the attribute combination using the first or central column.
- If there is a check mark in the "Predefined" column, go to the Weapons with predefined prefixes table.
- If there is a check mark in the "Selectable (Part of prefix family)" column, note the family and go to the Weapons with selectable prefixes table.
Weapons with predefined prefixes
The following weapons are acquired with the described predefined attributes.
|Attributes||Prefix||Set ||Acquisition||Additional copies|
|Berserker||Zojja||Crimson Antique weapons||Common ||1||1||1|
|Rampager||Coalforge||Citrine Antique weapons||Common ||1||1||1|
|Knight||Beigarth||Viridian Antique weapons||Common ||1||1||1|
|Sentinel||Tonn||Cobalt Antique weapons||Common ||1||1||1|
|Harrier||Zehtuka||Terracotta Antique weapons||Common ||0||1||1|
|Rabid||Weapons of the Sunless||Tequatl the Sunless||1||0||0|
|Cleric||Theodosus||Calcite Antique weapons||Common ||1||1||1|
||Celestial||Wupwup||Violet Antique weapons||Common ||1||1||1|
- ^ a b Some vendor sources of these weapons may give stat selectable versions with a single "Antique" weapon skin for all stats instead of those stated in this table. See the detailed Vendor table for more details.
- ^ a b c d e f g Common acquisition weapons marked with 1 in the Loot column are found inside ascended chests, which can drop anywhere in the game.
Weapons with selectable prefixes
The following weapons allow a one-time attribute selection from a range of options defined by their prefix family.
- Primary article: Stat changing
- Mystic Forge
- Output qty.
Note that the original weapon will be destroyed, including all of its upgrades. The new weapon will be the common acquisition equivalent of the new prefix. Attempting to stat-change a precursor weapon will result in a weapon that is NOT upgradable to legendary weapon.