All ascended weapons come with a single infusion slot when they are one-handed or off-hand, and two when they are two-handed or aquatic.
Ascended weapons can be obtained in a variety of ways.
Completing certain achievements will reward players with an Ascended weapon.
- Gold Fractal Master
- Primordus Weapons collection - Staff only.
- Specialization Collections - Requires the respective elite specialization to be unlocked. Must be fully trained to complete.
- The Sword Regrown - Requires Heart of Thorns chapter 16: Hearts and Minds to be completed. Choice of dagger, greatsword, scepter, shield, or sword. May be exchanged for a different one through Ridhais.
- The King Toad and The Storm Wizard - Requires Super Adventure Box festival to be active.
- Primary article: Ascended crafting#Ascended weapons
Ascended weapons may be crafted by level 500 Artificer, Huntsman and Weaponsmiths. The recipes can be bought from certain NPCs (e.g. Master craftsmans) or obtained from opening certain containers or recipe books.
Completing certain events can reward players with Ascended weapons.
- Defeating Tequatl the Sunless has a small chance to reward players with a Tequatl's Hoard or an Ascended weapon chests from the Exotic Dragon Chest. Only obtainable once daily.
- Daily fractal chests have a small chance of rewarding Ascended weapon chests.
- Raid bosses have a chance to drop a specific weapon. This weapon is the same type available for purchase from Scholar Glenna after defeating that particular boss. Only available once per kill weekly.
- World versus World rank up rewards
- Very small chance from opening Champion loot bags.
Weapons can be bought from the following vendors.
+ + + 5
+ + + 5
+ + + 5
+ + + 5
|Mistlock Observatory||Common predefined weapons.|
| Basic Magnetite Exchange Operative
|+ 15||+ 15||+ 30||+ 30|| Lion's Arch Aerodrome
|Common predefined weapons.|
|Scholar Glenna||+ 20||+ 20||+ 20||Various raid wings||Raid encounter selectable weapons. |
|Ascended Weapon League Vendor ||
+ + 5
+ + 5
+ + 5
+ + 5
|Heart of the Mists||Common predefined weapons.|
- ^ a b Grandmaster Marks can only be used to exchange for weapons that particular discipline can craft, i.e. Grandmaster Weaponsmith's Marks can be used to exchange for swords, but cannot be used to exchange for a torch or staff.
- ^ Requires completion of their respective raid encounter before purchase is available. Items offered differs depending on her location.
Available weapon prefixes
This first table acts as a directory.
- Search for the attribute combination using the first or central column.
- If there is a check mark in the "Predefined" column, go to the Weapons with predefined prefixes table.
- If there is a check mark in the "Selectable (Part of prefix family)" column, note the family and go to the Weapons with selectable prefixes table.
Weapons with predefined prefixes
The following weapons are acquired with the described predefined attributes.
|Berserker||Zojja||Crimson Antique weapons||Common 1||1||1||1|
|Rampager||Coalforge||Citrine Antique weapons||Common 1||1||1||1|
|Knight||Beigarth||Viridian Antique weapons||Common 1||1||1||1|
|Sentinel||Tonn||Cobalt Antique weapons||Common 1||1||1||1|
|Sinister||Verata||Terracotta Antique weapons||Common 1||0||1||1|
|Rabid||Weapons of the Sunless||Tequatl the Sunless||1||0||0|
|Cleric||Theodosus||Calcite Antique weapons||Common 1||1||1||1|
||Celestial||Wupwup||Violet Antique weapons||Common 1||1||1||1|
- 1 Common acquisition weapons marked with 1 in the Loot column are found inside ascended chests, which can drop anywhere in the game.
Weapons with selectable prefixes
The following weapons allow a one-time attribute selection from a range of options defined by their prefix family.
- 1 These various weapons have unique prefix families. Check each weapon's page for more information.
- Primary article: Stat changing
- Mystic Forge
- Output qty.
Note that the original weapon will be destroyed, including all of its upgrades. The new weapon will be the common acquisition equivalent of the new prefix.