All ascended weapons come with a single infusion slot when they are one-handed or off-hand, and two when they are two-handed or aquatic.
Ascended weapons can be obtained in a variety of ways.
Completing certain achievements will reward players with an Ascended weapon.
- Gold Fractal Master
- Primordus Weapons collection - Staff only. Requires Living World season 3 chapter 2 - Rising Flames to complete.
- Specialization Collections - Requires the respective elite specialization to be unlocked. Must be fully trained to complete.
- Knight of the Thorn - Requires Heart of Thorns chapter 16: Hearts and Minds to be completed. Choice of dagger, greatsword, scepter, shield, or sword. May be exchanged for a different one through Ridhais.
- The King Toad and The Storm Wizard - Requires Super Adventure Box festival to be active.
- Primary article: Ascended crafting#Ascended weapons
Ascended weapons may be crafted by level 500 Artificer, Huntsman and Weaponsmiths. The recipes can be bought from certain NPCs (e.g. Master craftsmans or Guild Traders) or obtained from opening certain containers or recipe books. Because some materials are timegated (limited to one craft per day), each weapon requires a minimum of 5 days to craft. This timegate may be circumvented by purchasing the refined materials.
Players can also craft Grandmaster Marks to exchange for Ascended weapons at certain vendors. The recipes for these marks are sold at BLING-9009, Ascended Weapon League Vendor and Skirmish Supervisor.
Completing certain events can reward players with Ascended weapons.
- Defeating Tequatl the Sunless has a small chance to reward players with a Tequatl's Hoard or an Ascended weapon chests from the Exotic Dragon Chest. Only obtainable once daily.
- Daily fractal chests have a small chance of rewarding Ascended weapon chests.
- Raid bosses have a chance to drop a specific weapon. This weapon is the same type available for purchase from Scholar Glenna after defeating that particular boss. Only available once per kill weekly.
- World versus World rank up rewards
- PvP Loot Boxes
- Guild missions
- Very small chance from opening Champion loot bags.
Weapons can be bought with the following currencies.
|Fractals of the Mists||Fractal Research Pages + Fractal Relics + Grandmaster Marks  + Coin||Any weapon type with any stats |
|Player versus Player||Ascended Shards of Glory + Shard of Glory + Grandmaster Marks  + Coin||Any weapon type with any stats |
|World versus World||WvW Skirmish Claim Tickets + Memories of Battle + Grandmaster Marks  + Coin||Any weapon type with any stats |
|Raids||Raid currencies + Coin||Any weapon type with any stats |
- ^ a b c Grandmaster Marks can only be used to exchange for weapons that particular crafting discipline can craft, i.e. Grandmaster Weaponsmith's Marks can only be used to exchange for weaponsmith weapons, Grandmaster Huntsman's Marks for huntsman weapons, and Grandmaster Artificer's Marks for artificer weapons.
- ^ a b c d Available prefixes depend on which expansions you currently own.
|Details of the individual vendors, exact costs and version availability:|
List of ascended weapons
Available weapon prefixes
This first table acts as a directory.
- Search for the attribute combination using the first or central column.
- If there is a check mark in the "Predefined" column, go to the Weapons with predefined prefixes table.
- If there is a check mark in the "Selectable (Part of prefix family)" column, note the family and go to the Weapons with selectable prefixes table.
Weapons with predefined prefixes
The following weapons are acquired with the described predefined attributes.
|Attributes||Prefix||Set ||Acquisition||Additional copies|
|Berserker||Zojja||Crimson Antique weapons||Common ||1||1||1|
|Rampager||Coalforge||Citrine Antique weapons||Common ||1||1||1|
|Knight||Beigarth||Viridian Antique weapons||Common ||1||1||1|
|Sentinel||Tonn||Cobalt Antique weapons||Common ||1||1||1|
|Harrier||Zehtuka||Terracotta Antique weapons||Common ||0||1||1|
|Rabid||Weapons of the Sunless||Tequatl the Sunless||1||0||0|
|Cleric||Theodosus||Calcite Antique weapons||Common ||1||1||1|
||Celestial||Wupwup||Violet Antique weapons||Common ||1||1||1|
- ^ a b Some vendor sources of these weapons may give stat selectable versions with a single "Antique" weapon skin for all stats instead of those stated in this table. See the detailed Vendor table for more details.
- ^ a b c d e f g Common acquisition weapons marked with 1 in the Loot column are found inside ascended chests, which can drop anywhere in the game.
Weapons with selectable prefixes
The following weapons allow a one-time attribute selection from a range of options defined by their prefix family.
- ^ These various weapons have unique prefix families. Check each weapon's page for more information.
- Primary article: Stat changing
- Mystic Forge
- Output qty.
Note that the original weapon will be destroyed, including all of its upgrades. The new weapon will be the common acquisition equivalent of the new prefix.