Tackle these challenging boss encounters in a group of up to ten players, either as a pre-formed squad or in a public mode anyone can join.
— Official description
Strike Missions are 1-10 player squad-based PvE instances, serving as a bridge between open world and raids in their difficulty. They are one of the core pillars of Guild Wars 2's endgame. Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire is required to access them. They can be accessed from their respective portals, through the Eye of the North Strike portal (including all three weekly strikes no matter their rotation) or from the Scrying Pool. Festive strikes can be only accessed during their respective festival and do not require any expansion.
Currency and rewards
- For the explanation of how to open the Emissary Chests with the crystals, see: Emissary Chest
- Rewards available once per day: interactable chests (Essence chests, Grothmar Valley Chests) [verification requested]
- Repeatable rewards: bouncy chests containing coin, Strike shards, Misty Cape Scrap and unique items.
- For more details about rewards see the individual Strike Mission pages.
Every strike mission will award you with prophet shards. These shards can be then used to buy ascended items from Crystallographer Smoxxi as well as exchange for crystals. Prophet Crystals can be also gained from completing Daily Strikes, and then can be used to open the weekly Emissary Chests. Max of 3 Prophet Crystals can be used for maximum loot each week.
If you missed to loot any chest in any strike that awards Essence chests (Sanctum Arena and Whisper of Jormag encounters), the loot will be sent to you by mail via in-game inbox. This, however, does not work for the Shiverpeaks Pass, Forging Steel and Cold War missions, and the chests and the loot will be lost upon leaving the instance.
|Emissary chest||Crystal required||Emissary||Arrives|
|Vigil Emissary Chest||Blue Prophet Crystal||Vigil Emissary||Currently present|
|Whispers Emissary Chest||Red Prophet Crystal||Order of Whispers Emissary||27 September 2021|
|Priory Emissary Chest||Green Prophet Crystal||Durmand Priory Emissary||4 October 2021|
|Vigil Emissary Chest||Blue Prophet Crystal||Vigil Emissary||11 October 2021|
The present emissary changes every Monday 07:30 and with them the crystals required to open the chest.
List of strike missions
|#||Name||Encounters||Location||Possible rewards||Release date||Notes|
|1||Shiverpeaks Pass||Shiverpeaks Pass||September 17, 2019|
|2||Voice of the Fallen and Claw of the Fallen||Sanctum Arena||November 19, 2019||
|3||Fraenir of Jormag||Sanctum Arena||November 19, 2019 (Sanctum Arena instance release)
November 26, 2019 (first time active in rotation)
|4||Boneskinner||Sanctum Arena||November 19, 2019 (Sanctum Arena instance release)
December 3, 2019 (first time active in rotation)
|5||Whisper of Jormag||Whispering Depths||January 28, 2020|
|6||Forging Steel||Eye of the North||March 17, 2020|
|7||Cold War||Wolf's Crossing||May 26, 2020|
|*||Secret Lair of the Snowmen ||Secret Lair of the Snowmen||December 11, 2018 (original release)
December 17, 2019 (first labeled as a strike mission)
Today's Priority Strike Mission
Bjora Marches Strike Missions
In Bjora Marches, the three weekly strike missions rotate each week. Since the release of Visions of the Past: Steel and Fire these strike missions can also be opened at anytime via the portal in the Eye of the North.
|Voice and Claw of the Fallen||Currently active|
|Fraenir of Jormag||27 September 2021|
|Boneskinner||4 October 2021|
|Voice and Claw of the Fallen||11 October 2021|
The active strike mission changes every Monday 23:30 just before the daily reset.
- Players can enter a strike mission portal as a squad. Only the latest mission can have public instance, in which case the player will be placed in a new instance with up to 10 other players.
- If a public mission starts with fewer than 10 players, it will be locked down and no more players will be able to join.
- As of October 1, 2019, a public mission cannot start without 5 people.
- If you choose to enter as a squad, you can start the mission before all have arrived in the instance or even in the squad itself.
- You can use a raid squad or regular squad but only 10 can enter the instance.
- By choosing public, members are placed into an instance but a squad is not automatically created.
- If you exit and attempt to enter a new public mission you will be placed in the previous instance while it is still open.
- Upon its introduction during A Very Merry Wintersday in 2018, the Secret Lair of the Snowmen was referred to as a group instance as strike missions had not been officially introduced into the game yet. Since its return in A Very Merry Wintersday in 2019, it is labeled as a strike mission.
- Weekly Strike Rewards, Guildwars2.com