Ascended armor is armor of Ascended rarity. All ascended armor pieces come with an infusion slot. Attribute combination of an ascended armor can be changed using the Mystic Forge by replacing it with a new item of desired stats.
Ascended armor can be obtained in a variety of ways.
Completing certain achievements may reward players with one or more Ascended armor.
- Ambrite Weapon Collection - One piece of your choice.
- Leystone Armor - One piece of your choice.
- Bioluminescence - One piece of your choice.
- The Sun Is Silent for This One - One piece of your choice with Grieving stats.
- The Best Offense - One piece of your choice.
- Envoy Armor I: Experimental Armor and Envoy Armor II: Refined Armor - All six pieces of a single weight.
Ascended Armor may be crafted by level 500 Armorsmiths, Leatherworkers, and Tailors. Recipes can be bought from certain merchants (e.g. Master craftsmans) or obtained from opening certain containers or recipe books. Because some materials are timegated (limited to one craft per day), a minimum of 36 days are required to craft a full set (25 days for heavy armor). This timegate may be circumvented by purchasing the refined materials or components from the trading post.
Players can also craft Grandmaster Marks to exchange for ascended armor at certain vendors. The recipes for these marks can be purchased from BLING-9009, the Ascended Armor League Vendor or the Skirmish Supervisor.
Completing certain events can reward players with an Ascended armor box.
- Defeating Tequatl the Sunless has a small chance to reward players with an Ascended armor chest from the Exotic Dragon Chest. Only obtainable once daily.
- Completing Triple Trouble has a small chance to reward players with a Pile of Regurgitated Armor (head, shoulders, or hands only) or an Ascended armor chest from the Great Jungle Wurm Chest. Only lootable once daily.
- Daily Fractal chests have a small chance of rewarding an Ascended armor chest.
- Raid bosses have a chance to drop a unique armor box (e.g. Chest of Slothasor Gloves or Chest of Sabetha's Armor). Each boss can only drop a single type of armor. Only available once per kill weekly.
- World versus World rank up rewards.
- Reward track loot boxes
- Guild missions
- Very small chance from Champion loot bags.
- Sunken Chests have a very small chance to contain Diver's Breather Box (aquatic breather only).
Ascended armor chests can be bought with the following currencies.
- Summary overview
|Wizard's Vault||Astral Acclaim||Any terrestrial armor piece with core stats|
|Fractals of the Mists||Fractal Research Pages + Fractal Relics + Grandmaster Marks  + Coin||Any terrestrial armor piece with any stats |
|Player versus Player||Ascended Shards of Glory + Shard of Glory + Grandmaster Marks  + Coin||Any terrestrial armor piece with any stats |
|World versus World||WvW Skirmish Claim Tickets + Memories of Battle + Grandmaster Marks  + Coin||Any terrestrial armor piece with any stats |
|Raids||Raid currencies + Coin||Any terrestrial armor piece with any stats |
|Living World Season 3||Unbound Magic + Fresh Winterberries||Aquatic Headgear with any stats |
|Strike Missions||Prophet Shard + Coin||Any terrestrial armor piece with any stats |
- ^ a b c Grandmaster Marks can only be used to exchange for armor that particular crafting discipline can craft, i.e. Grandmaster Armorsmith's Marks can only be used to exchange for heavy armor, Grandmaster Leatherworker's Marks for medium armor, and Grandmaster Tailor's Marks for light armor
- ^ a b c d e f Available prefixes depend on which expansions you currently own.
- Details of the individual vendors and exact costs
- ^ a b c d e f g h i Available prefixes depend on which expansions you currently own.
- ^ a b c d Grandmaster Marks can only be used to exchange for armor that particular crafting discipline can craft, i.e. Grandmaster Armorsmith's Marks can only be used to exchange for heavy armor, Grandmaster Leatherworker's Marks for medium armor, and Grandmaster Tailor's Marks for light armor
- ^ a b c d e Can be upgraded to Legendary armor.
- ^ Can also be purchased from Harald in Champion's Rest for 1/10 the price
- ^ Requires PvP Rank 100 and the respective Glorious Hero's armor skin to be unlocked before purchase can be available.
- ^ Requires respective Triumphant armor skin from the Triumphant Armor Reward Track to be unlocked before purchase can be available.
- ^ Requires respective Triumphant Hero's armor skin to be unlocked and a WvW rank above 500 before purchase can be available.
- ^ a b Items that can be purchased from Glenna using Magnetite Shards can also be purchased from the Portable Magnetite Shard Exchange
- ^ a b Requires completion of respective raid encounter before purchase is available.
- ^ Requires Living World Season 3 Chapter 3: A Crack in the Ice.
List of ascended armor
Available armor prefixes
This first table acts as a directory.
- Search for the attribute combination using the first or central column.
- If there is a check mark in the "Predefined" column, go to the Armor with predefined prefixes table.
- If there is a check mark in the "Selectable (Part of prefix family)" column, note the family and go to the Armor with selectable prefixes table.
Armor with predefined prefixes
The following armor pieces are acquired with the described predefined attributes.
Armor with selectable prefixes
The following armor pieces allow a one-time attribute selection from a range of options defined by their prefix family.
- Primary article: Stat changing
- Mystic Forge
- Output qty.
Note that the original armor piece will be destroyed, including all of its upgrades. The new armor piece will be the common acquisition equivalent of the new prefix. Attempting to stat-change precursor armor will result in armor that is NOT upgradable to legendary armor.