From Guild Wars 2 WikiJump to navigationJump to search
Exotic weapons are weapons of Exotic rarity.
Most exotic weapons have a single upgrade slot, but two-handed weapons have two upgrade slots.
Exotic weapons can be obtained in a variety of ways.
Exotic weapons can be crafted by level 400 or higher Artificers, Huntsmen, or Weaponsmiths.
|Set name||Weapon type||Components||Orichalcum Ingots||Ancient Wood Planks||Cured Hardened|
|One handed||Pearl Reaver||Axe||Blade||3|
|Two handed||Pearl Broadsword||Greatsword||Blade||3|
|Pearl Needler||Short bow||String||3|
|Pearl Harpoon Gun||Harpoon gun||Harpoon||2||2|
Exotic weapons can be dropped from the following sources.
- Killing any enemy
- Chance from World bosses
- Completing various story missions
- Opening any container or chest that can drop Fine or higher equipment
- Guaranteed drop from every Raid boss
- Guild missions
- World versus World rank up rewards
- PvP and WvW reward tracks
- Level rewards at levels 65, 72 and 75
- Level-80 Equipment Package from the Level-80 Boost
Certain exotic weapons can be crafted using certain Mystic Forge recipes.
Players can also toss in four Rare or Exotic weapons into the Mystic Forge to obtain a random Exotic weapon. The levels of the weapons must average 60 or higher.
- There is an approximate 20% chance of obtaining an exotic when using four rare weapons.
- Using four exotic weapons will always return an exotic.
- Tossing in four of the same type of weapon will result in the same type of weapon.
- Tossing in a mixture of weapons will result in a random weapon in return (i.e. 3 swords + 1 staff = 1 random weapon)
- Using this method has a very low chance of receiving a precursor weapon.
- You cannot receive the weapons that require special Mystic Forge recipes.
Exotic weapons can be purchased off the Trading Post
There are many vendors that can sell Exotic weapons.