Knight of the Thorn
|Total achievements: 5||60|
| Account-bind each form of Caladbolg.
||1 Form Bound||0|
|5 Forms Bound||20|
|Dreams of a Thorn||5|
| Locate objects of power across Tyria to aid in the restoration of Caladbolg.
||1 Mote Collected||0|
|11 Motes Collected||5|
|Knight of the Thorn||25|
|Become blessed by the Pale Tree as the bearer of Caladbolg.||Blessed by the Pale Tree||25|
|Shards of a Thorn||5|
| Locate sword fragments within the Maguuma Jungle to aid in the restoration of Caladbolg.
||1 Fragment Collected||0|
|5 Fragments Collected||5|
|The Sword Regrown||5|
|Restore Caladbolg, Thorn of the Pale Tree.||Quest Complete||5|
- Regrown Caladbolg
- Asura: Applied Development Lab
- Charr: Hero's Canton
- Human: Salma District
- Norn: Hunter's Hearth
- Sylvari: Dreamer's Terrace
Obtaining the materials
After you give Ridhais the broken sword, she will ask for you to bring her a Vision Crystal, a Spiritwood Scion, and an Orb of Natural Essence. You will also unlock the Dreams of a Thorn and Shards of a Thorn achievements which are used to obtain the last two items. She will also send you a mail reiterating the materials you will need.
- Vision Crystal - Requires a level 500 Artificer, Huntsman, Weaponsmith, Tailor, Armorsmith, or Leatherworker to craft. May also be salvaged from Ascended weapons or Ascended chest armor
- Spiritwood Scion - Obtained from completing Shards of a Thorn achievement.
- Orb of Natural Essence - Obtained from completing Dreams of a Thorn achievement.
- Note: You do not need to collect all three at once to continue the story, but it is recommended.
- Shards of a Thorn
- See also: Shards of a Thorn
To complete this achievement, you must gather five shards of Caladbolg spread across the four Heart of Maguuma maps. You are given one from Ridhais already, so you just need to collect the remaining four. See the page above for their locations. The reward is an item you will need to return to Ridhais.
- Dreams of a Thorn
- See also: Dreams of a Thorn
To complete this achievement, you must gather eleven motes spread across several maps in Core Tyria. You are given one from Ridhais already, so you just need to collect the remaining ten. See the page above for their locations. The reward is another item you will need to return to Ridhais.
The First Vision
- See also: The First Vision
After defeating Riannoc, speak to Ridhais and she will tell you to go back to your home instance, where she will ask for a Spiritwood Scion.
The Second Vision
- See also: The Second Vision
After defeating Trahearne and speaking to Ridhais, head back to your home instance, where she will ask for an Orb of Natural Essence.
The Sword Regrown
- See also: The Sword Regrown
Knight of the Thorn
Collect all 5 forms of Caladbolg. There are two ways to do this (one easy, one expensive):
- After completing the Knight of the Thorn achievement, you can return to your Home instance where Ridhais will be waiting. For 1000 Unbound Magic, she will allow you to trade in your current Caladbolg and let you choose another form. Doing this four times, once for each form, will give you the achievement since you just need to unlock each skin. You will only have 1 weapon at the end, though.
- You can also create the other four forms on additional characters who have completed Hearts and Minds (and therefore have the Broken Caladbolg). You will need to obtain another Vision Crystal and craft the Spiritwood Scion and Orb of Natural Essence from the recipes earned from those achievements, and going through the last fights as normal. You must use 4 additional characters, and this process will grant you four more Ascended weapons. This is doable on each character that has completed the story.
- You may change the form of Caladbolg you selected for by speaking to Ridhais in your home instance. Unlike during this achievement, she will not be at the entrance.
- Other characters on your account may also complete the story, however the Spiritwood Scion and Orb of Natural Essence must be crafted. Their recipes are automatically unlocked after completing their respective achievements the first time.
- This achievement category was added on August 8th, 2017, and was split from the Current Events category.