Legendary armors are sets of armor of Legendary rarity. Like all legendary equipment, it is able to select any attribute combination available and can be changed at any time while out of combat. Additionally, it is possible to swap out any slotted upgrade component (runes and infusions) that has been placed in them at no cost (swapped out items are returned to your inventory).
There is currently one set of each weight for each game mode.
Acquisition of the PvE sets with their unique skins is linked to raids; they require collection of Legendary Insights gathered weekly from defeated raid bosses, as well as obtaining various items from raid encounters for Legendary Armor achievements.
Each piece of Perfected Envoy armor requires the following:
It takes 150 Legendary Insights to obtain the first set of Legendary raid armor. With the weekly cap of 25 Legendary Insights (assuming you trade Legendary Divinations for Legendary Insights), this will take 6 weeks of reaching the required amount. Any subsequent sets of legendary armor cost 300 Legendary Insights, taking 12 weeks each, because crafting additional Refined Envoy armor precursor sets costs 150 Legendary Insights.
- Without converting Legendary Divinations into Legendary Insights the first armor set will take 10 weeks and subsequent armor sets 20 weeks each.
It takes 300 to obtain a full set of Legendary PvP armor. With the season cap of 100 , this will take 3 seasons of reaching the season cap. It takes 3,600 to obtain a full set of Legendary PvP armor: 2,400 for the Star of Glory and 1,200 for the full Ascended Glorious armor set.
- 6330 PvP pips earned over 3 seasons: To finish as fast as possible, the player must complete 3 seasons of the non-repeatable PvP League reward chests. At any time during these 3 seasons, they must also complete the final repeatable Byzantium reward chest 24 times to accumulate the rest of the required. This path requires the most PvP games to be played, because the higher tiered reward chests that are repeated via this pathway provide less per pip than the lower tiered ones, which can be repeated by playing over a greater number of seasons.
- 6030 PvP pips earned over 9 seasons: To finish without completing the repeatable Byzantium reward chest at all, the player must complete all of the non-repeatable PvP League reward chests 9 times.
- 5440 PvP pips earned over 16 seasons: To finish with the fewest number of PvP games played, the player must not complete all of the non-repeatable PvP League reward chests in a single season. Instead, they should stop each season after completing the Persimmon chest. This is because the lower tiers of reward chest provide more per pip earned than the higher tiers.
To calculate the number of PvP games required to earn the PvP pips above, players can use this formula:
(Number of PvP games required) = (Number of PvP pips required) / [A + B + (10 x C) + (3 x D) + E + (2 x F)]
A = 4 if you are in Legendary rank, or 0 if you are in any other rank.
B = 2 if you are in Platinum rank, or 0 if you are in any other rank.
C = Your win rate. A 60% win rate is 0.60 in this formula.
D = Your loss rate. If your win rate is 60%, then your loss rate is 0.40 in this formula.
E = Your top stats rate. If you get a top stats reward in 75% of games, this number is 0.75.
F = Your near victory rate. If 3% of your games are a near victory that awards bonus pips, then this number is 0.03.
This armor retains the visual look of the Triumphant Hero's armor or Mistforged Triumphant Hero's armor. You need to reach WvW rank 500 if you want to obtain the full set of Mistforged Triumphant Hero's armor only. If you're not interested in the blue aura provided by the Mistforged variant, then you can obtain a full set of legendary armor with the Triumphant Hero's armor skin instead, which has no WvW rank requirement. Each piece of WvW legendary armor requires the following:
- Full set costs
|Triumphant Hero's armor||Mistforged Triumphant Hero's armor|
|Ascended armor (precursor)||175 + 175 + 350 + 175 + 260 + 175 = 1310||350 + 350 + 700 + 350 + 520+ 350 = 2620|
|Legendary War Insights (x6)||1095 x 6 = 6570||1095 x 6 = 6570|
|Full set skirmish ticket total cost||7,880||9,190|
|Approximate time for total tickets||22 weeks @ 365 tickets per week||26 weeks @ 365 tickets per week|
- Primary article: Perfected Envoy armor (light)#Gallery
- Primary article: Perfected Envoy armor (medium)#Gallery
- Primary article: Perfected Envoy armor (heavy)#Gallery
- Explorer: Legendary Armorer — Bind 18 unique legendary armor pieces. (15 )
- Legendary armor was implemented with Living World Season 3 Episode 5 "Flashpoint" on May 2nd, 2017, with the Perfected Envoy armor sets made available for acquisition.  There are no plans to release another set in the future. 
- Legendary armor was introduced to PvP and WvW with the August 8th, 2017 balance patch.
- ^ Legendary Armor Information, Andrew McLeod, GW2 Forums
- ^ WvW and PvP Ascended Armor Upgrades, McKenna Berdrow, GW2 Forums
- ^ Legendary Armor is Coming Soon! GuildWars 2 News Blog
- ^ https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/68vw84/flashpoint_devs_here_ask_us_anything/dh1qa6m/ Paul Ella comment on Flashpoint Reddit AMA