Legendary armors are sets of armor of Legendary rarity. Like all legendary equipment, these armor sets allow freely changing their attribute combinations and swap runes, and can be equipped simultaneously on all characters on the account through Legendary Armory. Additionally, they allow changing their skins without spending Transmutation Charges, with some of the armor sets featuring unique appearance and visual effects. Legendary armor has the same level of attributes as ascended armor.
PvE armor set
Open world set
Armor: Obsidian armor
The Guild Wars 2: Secrets of the Obscure expansion will feature a new legendary set that doesn't require heavy investment into raids or competitive experiences—instead, the various crafting components come from open-world gameplay in the expansion.
It will be released in the second major update following the expansion’s launch, though essential materials and components for its collection will be available beginning at launch, on August 22.
Armor: Perfected Envoy armor
Acquisition of the Raid sets with their unique skins is linked to Heart of Thorns raids; they require collection of Legendary Insights gathered weekly from defeated raid bosses, as well as obtaining various items from raid encounters for Legendary Armor achievements.
Each piece of Perfected Envoy armor requires the following:
It takes 150 Legendary Insights to obtain the first set of Legendary raid armor. With the weekly cap of 31 Legendary Insights (assuming you complete the weekly Cantha Strikes achievement, and all EOD Strike Missions with the challenge mode active once a week), this will take 5 weeks of reaching the required amount. Any subsequent sets of legendary armor cost 300 Legendary Insights, taking 10 weeks each, because crafting additional Refined Envoy armor precursor sets costs 150 Legendary Insights.
- Without completing Cantha Strikes the first armor set will take 6 weeks and subsequent armor sets 12 weeks each.
PvP armor set
This armor retains the visual look of the Ascended PvP armors. Several items needed in the crafting process require the Heart of Thorns expansion unlocked.
Each piece of PvP legendary armor requires the following:
It takes 300 to obtain a full set of Legendary PvP armor. With the season cap of 120 (100 from PvP League reward chests, 10 from season achievement, 10 from converting Llama Mini Choice Box), this will take 3 seasons of reaching the season cap. It takes 3,600 to obtain a full set of Legendary PvP armor: 2,400 for the Star of Glory and 1,200 for the full Ascended Glorious armor set.
- 6330 PvP pips earned over 3 seasons: To finish as fast as possible, the player must complete 3 seasons of the non-repeatable PvP League reward chests. At any time during these 3 seasons, they must also complete the final repeatable Byzantium reward chest 24 times to accumulate the rest of the required.
- 6030 PvP pips earned over 9 seasons: To finish without completing the repeatable Byzantium reward chest at all, the player must complete all of the non-repeatable PvP League reward chests 9 times.
- 5440 PvP pips earned over 16 seasons: To finish with the fewest number of PvP games played, the player must not complete all of the non-repeatable PvP League reward chests in a single season. Instead, they should stop each season after completing the Persimmon chest. This is because the lower tiers of reward chest provide more per pip earned than the higher tiers.
Note: With the introduction of mini-seasons, total farming time may vary. Mini-season repeatable chests require more pips per rewarded, but mini-season games also finish faster in real time. The total time required to play Ranked PvP is probably very similar whether you are playing mini-seasons or regular seasons.
To calculate the number of PvP games required to earn the PvP pips above, players can use this formula: (Number of PvP games required) = (Number of PvP pips required) / [A + (7 x B) + C + (2 x D) + 3]
A = 4 if you are in Legendary rank, 2 if you are in Platinum rank, or 0 if you are in any other rank.
B = Your win rate. A 60% win rate is 0.60 in this formula.
C = Your top stats rate. If you get a top stats reward in 75% of games, this number is 0.75.
D = Your near victory rate. If 3% of your games are a near victory that awards bonus pips, then this number is 0.03.
Players can make a copy of this Google Sheet and insert their own personalized data to see an estimate of PvP games and hours required to acquire the pips above.
WvW armor set
This legendary armor retains the default visual look of the Ascended World versus World armors, and does not unlock new skins when upgraded into Legendary armor.
To purchase Mistforged Triumphant Hero's armor pieces, you need to have unlocked the skin of the equivalent piece of Triumphant Hero's armor, and reached WvW rank 500 for it to be available to purchase. Several items needed in the crafting process also require the Heart of Thorns expansion unlocked.
Crafting pieces of legendary armor out of Triumphant Hero's armor has no WvW rank requirement, and costs fewer WvW Skirmish Claim Tickets and Memories of Battle. The only resulting difference is the default skin that the piece of armor has when equipped.
Each piece of WvW legendary armor requires the following:
The Ascended Triumphant Hero's armor requires Grandmaster Marks matching the armor weight. The marks can be crafted, found in PvP Reward Chests, or found in the Box of Grandmaster Marks purchased with Grandmaster Mark Shard at the Skirmish Supervisor. Shards may also be found in final rewards chests for Bronze, Silver and Gold divisions of the skirmish reward track and Defending Tier 3 Keeps and Stonemist Castle .
Full set costs
- WvW Skirmish Claim Tickets
|Triumphant Hero's armor||Mistforged Triumphant Hero's armor|
|Exotic armor (tier 2) unlock||0||4 x 175 + 350 + 260 = 1,310|
|Ascended armor (precursor)||4 x 175 + 350 + 260 = 1,310||4 x 350 + 700 + 520 = 2,620|
|Legendary War Insights (x6)||1095 x 6 = 6,570||1095 x 6 = 6,570|
|Approximate time for total tickets||18 weeks @ 455 tickets per week||24 weeks @ 455 tickets per week|
- 365 WvW Skirmish Claim Tickets are obtained each week by completing the Diamond chest on the Skirmish reward track.
- 90 WvW Skirmish Claim Tickets are obtained each week by completing Weekly World vs. World achievements. (Mist War Hero doesn't count)
- Additional WvW Skirmish Claim Tickets can be received by capturing and defending a Keep or Stonemist Castle, with increasing rewards for higher tier objectives.
- Memories of Battle
|Triumphant Hero's armor||Mistforged Triumphant Hero's armor|
|Exotic armor (tier 2) unlock||0||250 x 6 = 1,500|
|Ascended armor (precursor)||250 x 6 = 1,500||500 x 6 = 3,000|
|Gift of War Dedication (x6)||250 x 6 = 1,500||250 x 6 = 1,500|
|Approximate time for total memories||22 weeks @ 135 memories per week||44 weeks @ 135 memories per week|
Memories of Battle can be acquired from three sources:
- Chests on the WvW Skirmish reward track
- Progress on a WvW Reward Track (accelerated by using WXP boosters or Potion of WvW Rewards)
- Purchased directly from the Trading Post
Obtaining the Diamond chest on the Skirmish reward track acquires 105 , and completing a reward track usually gives 15 (depending on the track chosen). For a Silver rank player then two reward tracks will typically be completed in the same time it takes to reach Diamond skirmish chest (about 14 hours, no boosters used). This gives a total of 135 per week (105 + 2 * 15).
PvE armor galleries
PvP armor galleries
- Ardent Glorious armor
- Glorious Hero's armor
- Mistforged Glorious Hero's armor
- Mistforged Glorious Hero's armor (light)
- Mistforged Glorious Hero's armor (medium)
- Mistforged Glorious Hero's armor (heavy)
WvW armor galleries
- Triumphant Hero's armor
- Mistforged Triumphant Hero's armor
- Mistforged Triumphant Hero's armor (light)
- Mistforged Triumphant Hero's armor (medium)
- Mistforged Triumphant Hero's armor (heavy)
- Primary article: Legendary armor/Lore
- Explorer: Legendary Armorer — Bind 18 unique legendary armor pieces. (15 )
- Legendary armor was implemented with Living World Season 3 Episode 5 "Flashpoint" on May 2nd, 2017, with the Perfected Envoy armor sets made available for acquisition. Guild Wars 2: Secrets of the Obscure will also introduce a new set of legendary armor: Obsidian armor. This will be the first set that doesn’t require heavy investment into raids or competitive experiences—instead, the various crafting components come from open-world gameplay in Guild Wars 2: Secrets of the Obscure.
- Legendary armor was introduced to PvP and WvW with the August 8th, 2017 balance patch.