- This article is about legendary armor. For the achievement category, see Legendary Armor. For the armor set, see Perfected Envoy armor.
Acquisition of the PvE sets with their unique skins is linked to raids; they require collection of Legendary Insights gathered weekly from defeated raid bosses, as well as obtaining various items from raid encounters for Legendary Armor achievements.
Legendary armor was implemented with Living World Season 3 Episode 5 "Flashpoint" on May 2nd, 2017, with the Perfected Envoy armor sets made available for acquisition.  There are no plans to release another set in the future. 
Legendary armor was introduced to PvP and WvW with the August 8th, 2017 balance patch. Since this is an upgrade, the stat-swappable armor does not include a new unique skin, but is instead the same skin as the ascended piece that was upgraded.
Legendary armor is the only tier of armor that allows runes to be swapped without destroying the current rune. The swapped rune appears in the player's inventory.
Each piece of legendary armor requires the following:
It takes 150 Legendary Insights to obtain the first set of Legendary raid armor. With the weekly cap of 15 Legendary Insights, this will take 10 weeks of reaching the required amount. Any subsequent sets of legendary armor cost 300 Legendary Insights, taking 20 weeks each, because crafting additional Refined Envoy armor precursor sets costs 150 Legendary Insights.
It takes 300 to obtain a full set of Legendary PvP armor. With the season cap of 100 , this will take 3 seasons of reaching the season cap.
It takes 3,600 to obtain a full set of Legendary PvP armor. 2,400 for the Star of Glory and 1,200 for the full Ascended Glorious armor set. All of that requires either 33 repeats of the final Byzantium league reward chest for most efficiency or 9 seasons worth of not repeating the league reward chests.
It takes 7,880 to obtain a full set of Legendary Triumphant Hero's armor. With the weekly cap of 365 , this will take approximately 21 weeks.
It takes 9,190 to obtain a full set of Legendary Mistforged Triumphant Hero's armor. With the weekly cap of 365 , this will take approximately 25 weeks.
- Primary article: Perfected Envoy armor (light)#Gallery
- Primary article: Perfected Envoy armor (medium)#Gallery
- Primary article: Perfected Envoy armor (heavy)#Gallery
- The Legendary Armorer achievement is only advanced by crafting Perfected Envoy armor from raids, not by upgrading PvP or WvW ascended armor to legendary.
- ^ Legendary Armor is Coming Soon! GuildWars 2 News Blog
- ^ https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/68vw84/flashpoint_devs_here_ask_us_anything/dh1qa6m/ Paul Ella comment on Flashpoint Reddit AMA
- ^ Legendary Armor Information, Andrew McLeod, GW2 Forums
- ^ WvW and PvP Ascended Armor Upgrades, McKenna Berdrow, GW2 Forums