From Guild Wars 2 Wiki
equipment of Legendary quality. All legendary equipment have a level 80 requirement and 5% stronger stats than Exotic quality equipment and equal to Ascended equipment. Most legendary equipment is account bound on use or acquire.Legendary equipment refers to
- Legendary gear has the unique mechanic that allows players to change the item's attribute bonuses to other attributes while out of combat at no cost.
- All stats are available to Legendary equips.
- Legendary equips will always have stat values equivalent to the the highest tier of equipment available. Currently, they have stats equivalent to Ascended equipment.
- Legendary equips have infusion slots, similar to Ascended equips.
- Legendary back items have two infusion slots and do not need to be infused.
- Infusions may be swapped out of Legendary armor, back items and trinkets without the use of an Infusion Extraction Device. Legendary weapons still require them however.
- Legendary equips come with upgrade slots on weapons and armor.
- Legendary armor can freely swap runes without destroying the currently slotted rune. The current rune will be placed in your inventory and the new rune will be applied.
- Legendary back items do not come with upgrade slots, similar to Ascended back items.