From Guild Wars 2 WikiJump to navigationJump to search
- Upgrade components
- Legendary gear has the unique mechanic that allows players to change the item's attributes while out of combat at no cost.
- All attribute combinations are available to Legendary equipment regardless of whether or not an expansion is owned.
- Legendary equipment will always have stat values equivalent to the the highest tier of equipment available. Currently, they have stats equivalent to Ascended equipment.
- Any upgrade slotted in legendary equipment can be freely removed by right clicking the item and choosing to remove the upgrade.
- Legendary equipment has upgrade slots on weapons and armor, but not on backs and trinkets, same as ascended equipment.
- Legendary runes and sigils can be freely slotted and removed from any type of armor or weapon respectively without using an Upgrade Extractor, and will not be destroyed by salvaging equipment that contains them.
- Legendary equipment also includes all possible infusion slots for their item type, meaning they do not require to be infused nor attuned.
- Legendary weapons could not swap infusions nor sigils until October 30th, 2018.
- It is possible to create more than one of any legendary weapon, armor piece, sigil, or rune via the mystic forge. The only legendary backpack and ring that may be created multiple times is Warbringer and Conflux respectively. The other legendary backpacks and legendary trinkets may only be created once, as their precursor items are currently only obtainable as collection rewards.