Ascended back item
Ascended back items are back items of Ascended rarity. All ascended back items come with an infusion slot. A few specific back items can be upgraded in the Mystic Forge to infused versions, adding one additional infusion slot to the back item for a maximum of two.
Unlike other ascended armor components, ascended back items cannot have their stats changed in the Mystic Forge, so care must be taken to select the correct set. The Blood Ruby Backpack is the only back item that can have its stat reset with a Bloodstone Capacitor, allowing players to choose a different stat.
Completing certain achievements may reward players with ascended back items.
- Heart of Thorns: Order backpack collections (Lightbringer's, Magister's and Warmaster's Packs) and the Luminate's Backplate collection
- Path of Fire: Raise the Banners collections (Amnoon Independence, Salute to Palawa Joko, Sunspear Support, and Amnoon Arbitrator)
- Living World Season 4: Various collections and scavenger hunts (Redeeming IG-6417)
Many ascended back items can be crafted in the Mystic Forge.
- Predefined book or quiver back items
- Tempered Spinal Blades variants
- Fractal back items, leading up to Fractal Capacitor (Infused)
- Mawdrey, from a scavenger hunt from Living World Season 2
- Wings of Ascension and Warcry, precursors to the PvP and WvW legendary back items The Ascension and Warbringer
Other ascended back items can be crafted with certain crafting disciplines after learning their recipe from a recipe sheet.
- Human God themed back items: Light of Dwayna, Shadow of Grenth, Chaos of Lyssa, Bough of Melandru
- Precursors to the Fractal legendary back item Ad Infinitum from the Legendary Backpacks achievements
- Ascended Banner of the Dauntless Commander - requires Living World Season 4 episode 3 Long Live the Lich
The following raid bosses have a chance to drop an ascended back item:
Ascended back items can be bought from the following vendors.
|Scholar Glenna||600 + 20||Various raid wings||All Assaulter, Defender, Healer and Malicious stats |
|Scholar Rakka||+||Bloodstone Fen||All stats; requires LW Season 3, Ep. 1 |
|Scholar Surra||+||Ember Bay||All stats; requires LW Season 3, Ep. 2 |
|Slooshoo||+||Bitterfrost Frontier||All stats; requires LW Season 3, Ep. 3 |
|Quartermaster Hitchens||+||Lake Doric||All stats; requires LW Season 3, Ep. 4 |
|Various||+ 315,000||Siren's Landing||All stats; requires LW Season 3, Ep. 6 |
List of ascended back items
Available back item prefixes
This first table acts as a directory.
- Search for the attribute combination using the first or central column.
- If there is a check mark in the "Predefined" column, go to the Back items with predefined prefixes table.
- If there is a check mark in the "Selectable (Part of prefix family)" column, note the family and go to the Back items with selectable prefixes table.
Back items with predefined prefixes
The following back items are acquired with the described predefined attributes.
Back items with selectable prefixes
The following back items allow a one-time attribute selection from a range of options defined by their prefix family.
- Inf – Link to the infused version
- IsInf – Is already infused
- Recipe – Required crafting recipe sheet
- ^ a b Available stats depend on which expansions you currently own.
- ^ Formerly of Wayfarer and Soldier prefix, transformed into prefix selection after all prefixes including Magic Find were discontinued.
- ^ The Bough of Melandru regular back item has an infusion slot even if it's not classified as infused, making Bough of Melandru (Infused) pointless to craft. This is probably a bug.
- ^ a b c These back items can be further upgraded to legendary rarity.
- ^ The selected attributes can be reset with a Bloodstone Capacitor purchased from Scholar Rakka.