Ascended back item
All ascended back items come with an infusion slot. A few specific back items can be upgraded in the Mystic Forge to infused versions, adding one additional infusion slot to the back item for a maximum of two.
Unlike other ascended armor components, back items cannot have their stats changed in the Mystic Forge, so care must be taken to select the correct set.
Ascended back items can be obtained in a variety of ways.
Completing certain achievements may reward players with ascended back items.
- Order backpack collections (Lightbringer's, Magister's and Warmaster's Packs)
- Luminate's Backplate
- Raise the Banners collections (Amnoon Independence, Salute to Palawa Joko, Sunspear Support, and Amnoon Arbitrator)
Many ascended back items can be crafted in the Mystic Forge.
- Predefined book or quiver back items
- Tempered Spinal Blades variants
- Fractal back items, leading up to Fractal Capacitor (Infused)
- Mawdrey, from a scavenger hunt from Living World Season 2
- Wings of Ascension, precursor to the PvP legendary back item Ascension
Other ascended back items can be crafted with certain crafting disciplines after learning their recipe from a recipe sheet.
- Human God themed back items: Light of Dwayna, Shadow of Grenth, Chaos of Lyssa, Bough of Melandru
- Precursors to the Fractal legendary back item Ad Infinitum from the Legendary Backpacks achievements
Certain raid bosses have a chance to drop ascended back items.
Ascended back items can be bought from the following vendors.
|Scholar Glenna||+ 20||Various raid wings||Raid encounters |
|Scholar Rakka||+||Bloodstone Fen ||Living World Season 3 (Ep. 1)|
|Scholar Surra||+||Ember Bay ||Living World Season 3 (Ep. 2)|
|Slooshoo||+||Bitterfrost Frontier ||Living World Season 3 (Ep. 3)|
|Quartermaster Hitchens||+||Lake Doric ||Living World Season 3 (Ep. 4)|
|Various||+ 315,000||Siren's Landing ||Living World Season 3 (Ep. 6)|
- ^ Requires completion of their respective raid encounter before purchase is available. Items offered differs depending on her location.
- ^ a b c d e Requires respective Living World Season 3 episodes.
List of ascended back items
Available back item prefixes
This first table acts as a directory.
- Search for the attribute combination using the first or central column.
- If there is a check mark in the "Predefined" column, go to the Back items with predefined prefixes table.
- If there is a check mark in the "Selectable (Part of prefix family)" column, note the family and go to the Back items with selectable prefixes table.
Back items with predefined prefixes
The following back items are acquired with the described predefined attributes.
Back items with selectable prefixes
The following back items allow a one-time attribute selection from a range of options defined by their prefix family.
- Inf – Link to the infused version
- IsInf – Is already infused
- Recipe – Required crafting recipe sheet
- ^ Formerly of Wayfarer and Soldier prefix, transformed into prefix selection after all prefixes including Magic Find were discontinued.
- ^ The Bough of Melandru regular back item has an infusion slot even if it's not classified as infused, making Bough of Melandru (Infused) pointless to craft. This is probably a bug.
- ^ a b c These back items can be further upgraded to legendary rarity.
- ^ With the introduction of Path Of Fire, the LWS3 "All" option did not update to include the new PoF stat combinations Grieving, Marshal, or Harrier.
- ^ The selected attributes can be reset with a Bloodstone Capacitor purchased from Scholar Rakka.
- ^ The PoF backpacks may not all support the same selectable options. For example, the Sunspear version allows the new Grieving AND Harrier stat options. The Vabbian (Amnoon/Dynastic Reckoning) version reportedly allows Grieving but not Harrier. The third reportedly has neither. This should be confirmed on those pages if possible, but choose carefully in the meantime.