All ascended rings and accessories come with an infusion slot. Ascended rings can be upgraded in the Mystic Forge to infused or attuned versions. Once upgraded to one of these two versions, you can upgrade them to the other one as well. Each upgrade adds one additional infusion slot to the ring for a maximum of three. Ascended amulets come with an enrichment slot instead of an infusion slot.
With a few exceptions, all ascended trinkets are unique, meaning two identically-named trinkets cannot be equipped at the same time. However, for any given set of attributes there are usually multiple equivalent rings or accessories (with different names) that can be used together. Also, for the purposes of uniqueness, infused and attuned versions of rings count as different items, so if you accidentally buy two identical rings you can upgrade one of them to avoid this limitation.
Ascended trinkets can be obtained in a variety of ways. They cannot be crafted.
Some trinkets can be obtained after completing certain achievements. After completing the achievement, they may become available for purchase at certain vendors.
- Living World Season 2 achievements – Trinkets with Nomad and Sinister stats.
- Dungeon collections – Accessories only. Assassin, Carrion, Magi or Sentinel stats.
- Heart of Thorns: Act 4 Mastery – Amulet with a choice of Heart of Thorns exclusive stats.
- Path of Fire: Act 1 Mastery, Act 2 Mastery and Act 3 Mastery – Amulets with Marshal, Harrier and Grieving stats, respectively.
- Legendary Trinkets collections – Ascended rarity precursors to legendary trinkets.
Completing certain events can reward players with an ascended trinket.
- Daily fractal chests have a small chance of rewarding players with an ascended accessory or an ascended ring. The ring has a small chance to be infused. Can only drop predefined trinkets.
- Raid bosses have a chance of rewarding players with their respective trinket if available. Only available once per kill weekly. This trinket is also available from Scholar Glenna after defeating that particular boss. Not all bosses have trinkets.
- World versus World rank up rewards. Can only reward trinkets with predefined stats.
Most trinkets can be obtained through vendors. Some trinkets need to be unlocked by completing specific achievements before they can be purchased.
- Summary overview
|Fractals of the Mists||Pristine Fractal Relics||Rings with any stats from the Central Tyria prefix family|
|Guild missions||Guild Commendations + Coin||Accessories with any stats from the Central Tyria prefix family|
|Login rewards||Laurels + Coin / Globs of Ectoplasm / Badges of Honor|| Any trinket with Nomad or Sinister stats, or any stats from the Central Tyria prefix family|
Accessories with Assassin, Carrion, Magi and Sentinel stats
|The Silverwastes||Bandit Crests + Coin||Any trinket with Sinister stats|
|Raids||Magnetite Shards + Coin||Any trinket with Nomad or Sinister stats, or any stats from the Central Tyria prefix family|
|Path of Fire||Pulsing Brandsparks + Trade Contracts / Elegy Mosaics + Laurels||Any trinket with any stats from the Path of Fire prefix family|
|Fractals of the Mists||Pristine Fractal Relics + Integrated Fractal Matrices||Any trinket with any stats |
|Player versus Player||Shards of Glory + Ascended Shards of Glory||Any trinket with any stats |
|World versus World||WvW Skirmish Claim Tickets + Memories of Battle||Any trinket with any stats |
|Raids||Magnetite Shards + Coin||Any trinket with Assaulter, Defender, Healer and Malicious stat choices |
|Living World Season 3||Unbound Magic +  Living World Season 3 tokens||Any trinket with any Core or Heart of Thorns stat choice|
|Living World Season 4||Volatile Magic + Difluorite Crystals||Rings and accessories with any Central Tyria or Path of Fire stat choice|
- Details of the individual vendors and exact costs
|BUY-2046 PFR|| Mistlock Observatory
|Central Tyria stats|
|Guild commendation trader||12 + 5|| Guild Initiative Headquarters
Any Guild Hall
|Central Tyria stats|
| Laurel Merchant
Legendary Collector Youngblood
|40 + 5|| Any major city
|Assassin, Carrion, Magi and Sentinel stats |
|Laurel Merchant||30||35||40 +||Any major city||Central Tyria, Nomad  and Sinister  stats|
|WvW Laurel Merchant||20 +||25 +||40 +||Any WvW map||Central Tyria, Nomad  and Sinister  stats|
|Priory Historian||+ 10||+ 10||+ 10||The Silverwastes||Sinister stat |
| Basic Magnetite Exchange Operative
Scholar Glenna 
|+ 10||+ 10||+ 10|| Lion's Arch Aerodrome
|Central Tyria, Nomad  and Sinister  stats|
|+ + 15||+ + 10||+ + 20|| Crystal Oasis
|+ + 15||+ + 10||+ + 20|| The Desolation
Domain of Vabbi
|Primeval Steward||+ + 15||+ + 10||+ + 20||Desert Highlands||Grieving stat|
|Nalar||30||35||40 +||Domain of Kourna||Plaguedoctor stat; requires LW Season 4, Ep. 3|
|BUY-2046 PFR||+||+||+|| Mistlock Observatory
|All stats |
|Ascended Armor League Vendor||+||+||+||Heart of the Mists||All stats |
|Skirmish Supervisor||+||+||+||Any WvW map||All stats |
|Scholar Glenna ||+ 4||+ 4||+ 4||Various raid wings||Assaulter, Defender, Healer and Malicious stat choices |
|Scholar Rakka||+||+||Bloodstone Fen||Core or Heart of Thorns stat choice; requires LW Season 3, Ep. 1 |
|Scholar Surra||+||Ember Bay||Core or Heart of Thorns stat choice; requires LW Season 3, Ep. 2|
|Slooshoo||+||+||Bitterfrost Frontier||Core or Heart of Thorns stat choice; requires LW Season 3, Ep. 3|
|Quartermaster Hitchens||+||Lake Doric||Core or Heart of Thorns stat choice; requires LW Season 3, Ep. 4|
|Supplymaster Hanjo||+||+||Draconis Mons||Core or Heart of Thorns stat choice; requires LW Season 3, Ep. 5|
|Provisioner Anlana||+||Siren's Landing||Core or Heart of Thorns stat choice; requires LW Season 3, Ep. 6|
|Ethall||+||+||Sandswept Isles||Central Tyria or Path of Fire stat choice; requires LW Season 4, Ep. 2|
- ^ These rings can also be purchased from Fractal Reliquary for 25 Fractal Relics.
- ^ Requires Royal Terrace Pass, Captain's Airship Pass, Noble's Folly Pass, Lava Lounge Pass, Mistlock Sanctuary Passkey or Invitation to "Lily of the Elon".
- ^ Ascalonian Catacombs Collector, Caudecus's Manor Collector, Twilight Arbor Collector, Sorrow's Embrace Collector, Honor of the Waves Collector, Citadel of Flame Collector, Crucible of Eternity Collector, or The Ruined City of Arah Collector required before certain items can be purchased.
- ^ a b c Living World Season 2 achievements Gates of Maguuma Mastery, Entanglement Mastery, The Dragon's Reach, Part 1 Mastery and The Dragon's Reach, Part 2 Mastery required before certain items can be purchased.
- ^ a b c d Living World Season 2 achievements Echoes of the Past Mastery, Tangled Paths Mastery, Seeds of Truth Mastery and Point of No Return Mastery required before certain items can be purchased.
- ^ a b Items that can be purchased from Glenna can also be purchased from the Portable Magnetite Shard Exchange
- ^ a b Requires completion of respective renown heart before vendor is unlocked.
- ^ a b c d Available stats depend on which expansions you currently own.
- ^ a b c d The trinkets from these vendors can have their selected stats reset by using their respective capacitor.
- ^ a b c d These trinkets do not have the unique property.
- ^ Items offered differs depending on her location.
- ^ Requires completion of their respective raid encounter before purchase is available.
- Rurik's Engagement Ring - Obtained from upgrading Strange Rock. Requires Living World Season 3 episode 2 - Rising Flames.
List of ascended trinkets
Available trinket prefixes
This first table acts as a directory.
- Search for the attribute combination using the first or central column.
- If there is a check mark in the "Predefined" column, go to the Trinkets with predefined prefixes table.
- If there is a check mark in the "Selectable (Part of prefix family)" column, note the family and go to the Trinkets with selectable prefixes table.
- ^ This column describes multiple prefix families. Stats marked with belong to the Heart of Thorns family, those marked with belong to the Path of Fire family.
Trinkets with predefined prefixes
The following trinkets are acquired with the described predefined attributes.
Trinkets with selectable prefixes
The following trinkets allow a one-time attribute selection from a range of options defined by their prefix family.
- ^ Formerly of Explorer prefix, transformed into prefix selection after all prefixes that included Magic Find were discontinued.
- ^ Formerly of Wayfarer and Soldier prefix, transformed into prefix selection after all prefixes that included Magic Find were discontinued.
- ^ a b c d e Available stats depend on which expansions you currently own.
- ^ a b The selected attributes can be reset with a Bloodstone Capacitor purchased from Scholar Rakka.
- ^ a b c The selected attributes can be reset with a Mist Capacitor purchased from the Ascended Armor League Vendor.
- Many ascended trinkets, especially those with predefined prefixes, come in multiple varieties that are identical with the exception of their names and icons. This is a remnant from before the July 26, 2016 update when infusions and their slots were separated into different subtypes (offensive, defensive, utility, versatile) and each individual trinket provided a different type of infusion slot. Just as well; by having two items with the same predefined prefix, it continues to be possible to equip two items with both the same number of infusion slots and the same attributes.