Earned through the Log-in Reward Chest. Spent in major cities. Used to purchase various rewards.
— In-game description
Laurels are an account-bound non-tradable currency that players can use to purchase items from laurel merchants, located in each major city. Laurels can be obtained as login rewards. The amount of laurels a player holds can be viewed in the wallet, accessible by clicking the coin sign in the lower left of the inventory window.
These are acquired via consecutive daily Login rewards at the following rate: 2nd Daily Login (1), 7th (10), 9th (2), 16th (3), 21st (15), and 23rd (4). As well as the option of getting 20 on your 28th day. For a total of 35 or 55 per 28 days.
- Achievement point rewards: Each achievement point reward includes one to ten laurels.
- Laurels may be used to purchase items including recipes for many types of Ascended equipment, Ascended trinkets, and Infusions.
- Laurel Merchants, found in each city, lounge area and Heart of the Mists
- WvW Laurel merchants, found in each World versus World map near the portal.
- Azarr Softhoof, found at the Uplands Oasis in Dry Top
- Legendary Collector Youngblood, found in Commodore's Quarter in Lion's Arch
- Forge Master Hilina, found at Heart of the Forge in Thunderhead Peaks
- With the new system of Login rewards you can receive up to 55 Laurels per month (by logging in 28 days per month) as opposed to 40 Laurels per 30-day month using the old system (by completing every daily and the monthly).
- Laurels were added during the January 28, 2013 content update, Flame and Frost: Prelude. They were not part of that month's monthly reward.
- Laurels were added to PvP Daily and Monthly achievements on the March 26, 2013 update. This had the side effect of players being able to earn another ten laurels by completing the Monthly PvP achievement for the month if they hadn't earned it already.