The Mistlock Sanctuary, a collection of rocky scraps of land floating in a low-gravity void, is a safe haven within the Mists for Mistwalkers and Fractal explorers that seems to have been colonized by asura similar to Dessa's Krewe. Perhaps due to the unstable release of magic following the deaths of two Elder Dragons, it has established a foothold in Tyria, allowing visitors to easily come and go. It features most services and crafting stations, and is unusual amongst lounges in that it exists within its own unique map.
Access requires one of the two types of Mistlock Sanctuary Passkey:
- Mistlock Sanctuary Passkey — 1,000 from the Gem Store.
- Mistlock Sanctuary Passkey (2 weeks) — 150 from the Gem Store.
- Mistlock Sanctuary Waypoint —
- Black Lion Chest Merchant
- Black Lion Exchange Specialist
- Black Lion Weapons Specialist
- Merchant (Dungeon Armor and Weapons)
- Merit Professor Rizzak
- Mystic Forge Attendant
- Sanctuary Krewe
- Tekka (Gathering Merchant)
- Ballistics Genius Virkk
- Explosives Visionary Pirakk
- Flavor Scholar Raima
- Gemwork-Savant Raxxa
- Hide Synthesist Teekzi
- Statics Expert Korbit
- Textile Synergist Vizza
- Theoretician Straff
- Crafting stations
- Armorsmithing Station
- Artificing Station
- Cooking Station
- Huntsman's Station
- Jeweling Station
- Leatherworking Station
- Tailoring Station
- Weaponsmithing Station
- Bulk ingredients
- Flavor Scholar Raima
- It is not possible to park characters in the Mistlock Sanctuary and then transfer the pass to other characters via the bank. Upon logging back onto the character without a pass, they will be expelled from the map.
- Placing the permanent pass into a Shared Inventory Slot will allow all characters simultaneous access to the Sanctuary.
- It is possible to waypoint out of the Sanctuary by navigating to the lower layers of the world map.
- Selecting "Return to my previous map" from the central portal will teleport you to your exact previous location; for example, the end of a jumping puzzle you were at. The same is true when using the pass again.
- This fails if the character has gone to its home instance using the Home Portal Stone and then returned to the Mistlock Sanctuary.
- Players will be affected by Cosmic Energy while in this map, allowing them to jump higher. They will also have access to the special action skill Nova Launch.
- Gliders will rise upwards. There is an invisible ceiling to prevent them from rising too high. Gliders that are already above the ceiling will descend to it.
- There is an invisible "floor" beneath "street" level of the islands but above their lowest level; players who fall off the edge will bounce up and down for a while until they find the "resting" level, and can move (float) around normally. "Jumping" while floating like this will launch the player into the air by activating the player's glider.
- Players may interact with the control panel at the base of the tree in the northeast corner to spawn a Globolla Marble, similar to those found during Viirastra's encounter in the Shattered Observatory. Successfully bouncing the marble back to its tree (by ensuring a player is present at each bounce) will cause it to become stationary and begin glowing; interacting with it at this point will result in the following:
- The player is turned into a fiery orb and granted the effect You are a being of pure light and energy., allowing them to float in midair.
- Skills are replaced with Increase Gravity and Decrease Gravity, which can be used to adjust how high you float, and the special action skill is changed to Nova Dash.