- 1 Capitalization
- 2 I heard some were that you can only wear 1 of each ring at a time
- 3 Ascended amulets can't be pulled into the Mystic Forge as an ingredient?
- 4 Prefix Names
- 5 Will there be an option to purchase amulets or accessories from BUY-4373?
- 6 Triforge Pendant stats
- 7 New Trinkets with HoT
- 8 Incorrect Stats on Crusader Trinkets
- 9 Salvage items need updated
- 10 Can players without Heart of Thorns still acquire attuned rings?
- 11 Feedback 2016/07/02
- 12 Update
- 13 Reddit on the page renovation
- 14 Is there a guide for the acquisition of ascended trinkets, that allow for all stat combinations to be chosen, for all 6 slots?
- 15 Swapping the "Vendor acquisition" and "Available trinket prefixes" sections
- 16 Acquisition of ascended Seraph trinkets?
- 17 Spark of Sentience
- 18 Feedback 2018/04/13
- 19 Stat swapping
- 20 Mist trinkets don't have "All" prefixes available
- 21 Hidden vendor table
Jyavoc, what's your reason for thinking that "ascended" should be capitalized—and, even assuming that it should, what's your reason for thinking that we shouldn't have a redirect from the all-lowercase version, which is the easiest to type and which at least one person (me) thought was correct? --Felbryn 07:55, 20 December 2012 (UTC)
- I've reverted the change. I noticed conflicting instances where on some places, the quality of an item was capitalized (and not at the start of a sentence) and other times, it was lowercase. However, after checking the precedence of List of legendary weapons vs "List of Legendary weapons", I've reverted my change and left List of Ascended equipment as a redirect to this page. —Jyavoc 08:02, 20 December 2012 (UTC)
- OK, thanks. --Felbryn 08:04, 20 December 2012 (UTC)
I heard some were that you can only wear 1 of each ring at a time
Some guy said that I could only wear 1 of each ring at a time. Like I can't wear 2 red rings of death. So is that true. Can someone confirm before I waste my tokens. —The preceding unsigned comment was added by 22.214.171.124 (talk) at 03:00, 12 January 2013 (UTC).
- From what I've heard, yes, most ascended gear is labeled "Unique", which means you can't equip more than 1 of the same item at a time. —Dr Ishmael 03:39, 12 January 2013 (UTC)
- Notice, however, that the rings come in pairs that differ only by the type of their infusion slot. Considering that there's only +5 to one attribute at stake in selecting between offensive and defensive infusions, and that omni infuions let you ignore the slot type entirely just by paying extra, I wonder why they even bothered flagging them unique. --Felbryn 10:08, 14 January 2013 (UTC)
Is this also true for the accessories? If so, should that be noted on the page? -Unieek
- I haven't checked. Look for the word unique in their tooltips. --Felbryn 03:11, 14 March 2013 (UTC)
- I've checked now. They're labeled as unique. I've updated the page accordingly. --Felbryn 16:33, 20 March 2013 (UTC)
Does anyone know if you can wear the regular and infused version of the same ring? as noted above there aren't very many stat points at stake here, but I'm just curious -goldkear
- According to the current page you can, though I haven't personally verified. That detail was added by Fowk on Jan 12. --Felbryn 16:33, 20 March 2013 (UTC)
Ascended amulets can't be pulled into the Mystic Forge as an ingredient?
I have just gotten the ascended amulet "Call of the Wild" and tried to pull it into the Mystic Forge to test for recipes for infusing it, but it turned out it's impossible to pull it into the Mystic Forge at all. Is this the case for different amulets as well? Sabsi talk
- Yes mine doesnt show in the list too so i guess there are no mystic recipes for this yet. At least the speculation will now end if or not these can be infused or not... Magistrella 01:37, 16 February 2013 (UTC)
The new gear that currently has its prefix and suffix both listed as "???" (such as the Third-Place Medal) have the same attribute combination as an emerald used as an upgrade component (the "of the Knight" suffix), but considering that's not the same as the "Knight's" prefix, I'm concerned that writing that in the table might be confusing. Thoughts? --Felbryn 08:56, 27 February 2013 (UTC)
- I just noticed that too. The only difference between the Third Place Medal and the Amulet of the Skies for instance is which attribute is the highest, but both are Power/Precision/Toughness. The question is whether all "Knight's" gear has the highest toughness or whether some of them have the highest precision or ever power? Perhaps having the highest precision doesn't usually exist and as such there is no name for it. Keep a lookout for knight's gear with the highest precision i guess to solve this little mystery. 126.96.36.199 19:37, 19 March 2013 (UTC)
- Sorry, I guess I should have given some background. Ignoring these new ascended items, toughness-primary exists only as a prefix ("Knight's") and precision-primary exists only as a suffix ("of the Knight")—furthermore, that suffix comes only from emerald upgrade components (emerald jewelry has toughness primary, only gemstones/jewels have precision primary). I'm guessing that having precision-primary on emeralds was originally a bug, but at this point I don't expect it to be changed. (See also Equipment acquisition by stats for lists of equipment with specific attributes.)
- The question is: do we list the name of the precision-primary combo as "of the Knight" (and claim that's different from "Knight's"), make up some other name for it, or continue to list it as "???", "N/A", "-", or some other variant of "we don't know"? --Felbryn 21:33, 19 March 2013 (UTC)
Will there be an option to purchase amulets or accessories from BUY-4373?
Seeing as though we can purchase Ascended rings from the robot in Fractals lobby for 10 Pristine Fractal Relics, I can't help but believe we will eventually be able to purchase amulets and accessories. I know I am not the only one who already has 2 Rings and now has an abundance of Pristine Fractal Relics to use. With that said, I'm worried that as soon as I purchase an amulet from the Laurel vendor (30 Laurels, basically a month worth of dailies), the option to buy with Pristine Fractal Relics will be available. That's a huge potential loss of gold -_- --Mr.Vicious 20:59, 19 March 2013 (UTC)
- ArenaNet representatives do not typically answer questions about future game development posted on wiki discussion pages. You could try the forums.
- My personal guess would be that pristine fractal relics exist purely to assuage players who aren't getting the ascended rings they want as random drops, and therefore the only reason they would ever be able to purchase ascended amulets/accessories is if ascended amulets/accessories also started appearing as random drops in the fractals. --Felbryn 21:23, 19 March 2013 (UTC)
Triforge Pendant stats
Someone in game complained the stats in this table and on Triforge Pendant (ascended) do not match. They don't. I do not know which page is correct, so I'm putting this up for someone more knowledgeable to tear this table apart :) --zeeZ (talk) 19:50, 23 March 2013 (UTC)
- The Feb 26 game update lists the change "Increased the stat bonuses on Ascended all-stat items." The Triforge Pendant (ascended) page has not had its stats updated since before this patch. This, combined with the inherent implausibility of it having different numbers than the other ascended amulets with the same attribute combination makes me 99.9% sure that this page is right and the Triforge Pendant page is out of date. However, I don't happen to have a Triforge Pendant, so I can't verify in-game. --Felbryn 02:40, 24 March 2013 (UTC)
New Trinkets with HoT
I count at least 7 new trinkets using the new stats, I believe. I'm not 100% sure due to how many already use four stats for ascended trinkets, and not sure how best to add them. There are four from each story journal meta achievement, and three from the Orders weapon/armor collections in Basic Collections. There might be more I haven't found, but no map vendor seems to give any (sadly). Only two stats and 1 select-a-stat seem available, and all are amulets. Konig 10:24, 4 November 2015 (UTC)
- Abaddon's Cowl (70889) - PPVF / defensive
- Janthir's Gaze (75795) - PPVF / offensive
- Sun, Moon and Stars (70671) - PPVF / utility
- Mordrem Loop (71842) - selectable? / utility
- Vigil's Honor (72529) - PTFH / offensive
- Priory's History (76660) - PTFH / utility
- Whisper's Secret (74695) - PTFH / defensive
- these ones ye? -Chieftain Alex 10:44, 4 November 2015 (UTC)
- Aye. Konig 13:27, 4 November 2015 (UTC)
Incorrect Stats on Crusader Trinkets
The 3 trinkets with Crusader stats: Priory's History, Whisper's_Secret and Vigil's Honor in game are: +133/133/71/71 for the stats, but the wiki pages show lower than that. Unfourtunatly I couldn't see a way to correct this when I pressed "Edit" on each page as it looks like it's pulled through various templates. 188.8.131.52 23:49, 17 December 2015 (UTC)
- Never Mind figured it out - the prefix attribute of the template needed to be "at crusader's" instead of just "crusader's". 184.108.40.206 23:54, 17 December 2015 (UTC)
Salvage items need updated
I just salvaged a +5 versatile simple infusion from an ettinband (not infused)
Can players without Heart of Thorns still acquire attuned rings?
Or is there no way to get them now since HoT was released? --220.127.116.11 20:58, 4 June 2016 (UTC)
- Attuned rings didn't exist before HoT. You must be thinking of Infused rings, which yes still are accessible to non-HoT owners AFAIK. Attuned rings require - and always have - the HoT masteries. Konig 23:07, 4 June 2016 (UTC)
- No, as the recipe for attuning equipment requires 1 Agonized Essence, which can only be purchased once you have the Agony Channeler mastery. The Mastery system is only available to Heart of Thorns accounts. No HoT = no masteries = no Agonized Essence = no attuned equipment. --BlasiuS (talk) 20:20, 20 June 2016 (UTC)
Reddit on the page renovation
- Noxx got a mention too :) SarielV 14:49, 9 August 2016 (UTC)
Is there a guide for the acquisition of ascended trinkets, that allow for all stat combinations to be chosen, for all 6 slots?
With a lot of new content regularly being added to the game, is it now possible to fill up all 6 of your trinket slots (amulet, 2 rings, 2 accessories, back) with ascended trinkets of all possible PvE stat combinations in the game?
It would be nice if there was a dedicated article or section that specifically deals with this, since (compared to weapons and armor) it's difficult to even know where to acquire ascended trinkets of certain stat combinations.
For example, if I want to go pure Zealot's/Magi's/Viper's/Commander's stats for all my 6 trinket slots, how do I go about doing so now? --18.104.22.168 23:09, 4 October 2016 (UTC)
- Without raids, it is not possible. So a "guide for acquisition" would be, just as back in last November, "do raids until you can buy them." Outside raids, you can only get 1 of each (edit: Per character). Unless you're not upgrading the ring to Attuned and Infused. Konig (talk) 03:07, 5 October 2016 (UTC)
- This page is the guide. Each prefix has a slightly different way of acquisition, some of which (namely raids) might not apply to some people, and having a page like Acquisition of a full set of Zealot's ascended trinkets and back item without raids is a bit too specific.
- So, let's take the Zealot's example. The introduction of this article says "With the exception of Forsaken Thicket trinkets, all ascended trinkets are unique, meaning two identically named trinkets can not be equipped at the same time." The following table shows that Zealot is available from the sources of Assaulter, Healer and All prefix families. Scrolling down, the Assaulter and Healer families come from Forsaken Thicket (raid), while the All family comes from LW3. Backpieces have their own article but Zealot is in the same situation. There is no other way to get the trinkets or backpiece, so these are the only options you have right now: raiding can get you a full set, without it you will be one accessory shy (and if you don't have them at different infusion/attunement versions, one ring shy as well). 10:55, 5 October 2016 (UTC)
Swapping the "Vendor acquisition" and "Available trinket prefixes" sections
I believe most people who come to this page are more interested in seeing where they can go to get these trinkets first and foremost, not what kind of stats are available to them. It is ridiculous to have to scroll all the way to the bottom of the page just to get this information. It might also require renaming this section of "Acquisition methods" as to not make people believe the only way to get them is through vendors. I know there is an acquisition column in the tables already, but there is no harm in giving a general overview on how they are acquired before going into the finer details.
It would also make sense to attach the prefixes table to the selectable trinkets section as that is where the majority of its information is used. Having to scroll through the entire list of available stats before even seeing the first trinket may confuse people into thinking they are on the Attribute combinations page. While I do agree that it's necessary information, placing it at the beginning is not ideal. Intricity (talk) 21:14, 27 February 2017 (UTC)
Acquisition of ascended Seraph trinkets?
Is there a way to acquire ascended trinkets with the new stat combination introduced in Season 3 Episode 4? --22.214.171.124 07:08, 28 February 2017 (UTC)
- All of the stat-selectable trinkets from any of the episodes within Season 3 have Seraph's as an option. (in fact, these items have every stat available). Here is a list. -Chieftain Alex 18:30, 28 February 2017 (UTC)
I see. Seraph hasn't been listed under https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Ascended_trinket#Available_trinket_prefixes --126.96.36.199 19:08, 28 February 2017 (UTC)
Spark of Sentience
Might be missing info on Giver's -— Cronos 02:44, 14 April 2018 (UTC)
Mist trinkets don't have "All" prefixes available
They are lacking the 2 core stats introduced last wintersday: Giver's and Bringer's. --188.8.131.52 13:36, 31 May 2018 (UTC)
Hidden vendor table
A reader on Reddit messaged me the following, which I bring up for discussion:
"There is one little detail on that page that bothers me for some time now. Under point 1.3, after the vendor table, there is a tiny little show/hide option after the "Details of the individual vendors and exact costs" with, in my opinion, very useful information (especially for the PoF heart vendors and which one sell the Harrier stats). So maybe you could make it always visible? I think most users don't even see that little button. Many of my friends in the guild asked about where to get harrier trinkets, and I always tell them to use that button because they never saw it in the first place."
I realise that this page is already table-heavy, but is there any objection to unhiding this one? -- Dashface 11:00, 2 June 2018 (UTC)
- It isn't any bigger than the other ugly tables beneath it. I'm all for unhiding it. -Chieftain Alex 11:34, 2 June 2018 (UTC)