- Item type
- The Predator I: The Experimental Rifle
- Soulbound on Acquire
- 1 28
- Game link
Click to enlarge.
— In-game description
|Agent Livilla||Karst Plains||Malchor's Leap||1 28|
|1||Shadow Bullet||¾||Shoot your foe. Chance to blind on crit.|
|2||Shadow Leap||¾||30||Use shadowy magic to leap at your foe, blinding them and stealthing you.|
Shadow Leap is a ground-targeted leap (range: 900) that allows players to make tricky jumps, similar to the utility of a leap or a teleport and to that of the Experimental Teleportation Gun. The skill also allows one to jump slightly higher than usual. For example, when encountering an obstacle, such as a wall, the player will still be moved upwards the full height of the leap, possibly allowing them to vault the wall.
Under the effects of stability, the character will leap forward without vertical lift.
If attempting to use the rifle without perfect line of sight the rifle will backfire, destroying the rifle and causing knock back instead of a leap. The rifle will never randomly backfire, it only backfires if there is a problem with line of sight such as an invisible wall being in the way. 
- The NPC only offers the weapon to characters that participated in the event.
- This item can only be used in open-world PvE; it cannot be used in WvW, PvP, or in Dungeons.
- The rifle lasts for a maximum of 5 minutes.
- The rifle object shares its skin with the Whisper's Secret Rifle.