- This article is about the guild hall crafting discipline. For the Durmand Priory NPC, see Scribe (NPC).
Speak to any of these NPCs to become a scribe and to buy crafting supplies.
Most recipes must be unlocked in various guild hall buildings before they may be used. After unlocking, a schematic may be crafted by the scribe. The schematic may then be used to manufacture a consumable using the Aetheric Assembly device, but assembly will require time to complete. Each guild has two assembly queues, which may operate concurrently, one dedicated to PvE upgrades, the other dedicated to WvW upgrades.
Scribes are intended to manufacture items for the benefit of the guild, not the individual. Except for components, most manufactured items are put into guild storage, not a player's inventory. They may be accessed via the "storage" tab on the guild panel and used by any guild member with permissions.
- Scribing goes to level 400.
- Scribe trainers become available in a guild hall.
- Scribes use pigments to make inks for their creations. Pigments can be found on plant-harvesting nodes throughout Tyria and can be salvaged from dyes.
- Primary article: Schematic
A schematic is a diagram or plan needed by a scribe to manufacture a consumable that must be individually unlocked and is placed into guild storage. Schematics are placed in the aetheric assembly device and enter one of 2 queues to be assembled. They are functionally divided into:
- WvW aetheric assembly queue
- Improvements are passive defenses that are placed into the War chest to be used during Guild Claiming, slotted (configured) into 3 tiers that automatically become active (10 minutes, 30 minutes or 60 minutes) after an objective (Resource camp, Tower, Keep, Castle) is claimed.
- Siege are used to capture objectives. Guild siege equipment is equivalent to superior siege equipment, but requires less supply. They are consumables that may be used from the Storage tab of the guild panel.
- Tactics: are active defenses that are placed into the War chest to be used during Guild Claiming, slotted (configured) into 3 tiers that automatically become available (10 minutes, 30 minutes or 60 minutes) after an objective (Resource camp, Tower, Keep, Castle) is claimed. They may be activated using a tactivator with a 15-minute cooldown.
- PvE aetheric assembly queue
- Guild banners displaying the Guild emblem may be placed anywhere in Tyria. All allies that interact with them will gain a boon for 30 minutes (except 20 seconds for Road Marker). Banners are placed using the Storage tab of the guild panel and persist for 30 minutes.
- Miscellaneous: various items that may be use in PvE. They are consumables that may be used from the Storage tab of the guild panel.
|Novice recipes|| Green Wood Log
Simple Scribing Kit
|0 - 74|
|Initiate recipes|| Soft Wood Log
Basic Scribing Kit
|75 - 149|
|Apprentice recipes|| Seasoned Wood Log
Fine Scribing Kit
|150 - 224|
|Journeyman recipes|| Hard Wood Log
Journeyman's Scribing Kit
|225 - 299|
|Adept recipes|| Elder Wood Log
Master's Scribing Kit
|300 - 399|
|Master recipes|| Ancient Wood Log
Grandmaster's Scribing Kit
- Primary article: Scribe/Personal consumables
Craft utility items for personal use or sketchbooks to unlock collections for unique decoration recipes. Unlike other consumables manufactured by a scribe, after manufacture these are placed into the scribe's personal inventory.
- Primary article: Scribe/Guild consumables
There are 5 types of guild consumables:
- Improvements and tactics that are placed into the guild war chest for use in World versus World.
- Guild Siege weapons, Guild banners and miscellaneous (like Vault Transport and world boss event tokens) that are placed into guild storage.
After manufacture, they may be used by a guild member with permissions.
- Primary article: Decoration
Decorations can be crafted to customize the appearance of the guild hall or modify the flow of combat in the Guild Arena. Once manufactured, they are kept in guild storage and may be placed by a guild member with permissions.
|Minor Sigil of Agility||Masterwork||25|
|Minor Sigil of Concentration||Masterwork||25|
|Minor Sigil of Transference||Masterwork||25|
|Major Sigil of Agility||Rare||125|
|Major Sigil of Concentration||Rare||125|
|Major Sigil of Transference||Rare||125|
|Superior Sigil of Agility||Exotic||225|
|Superior Sigil of Concentration||Exotic||225|
|Superior Sigil of Transference||Exotic||225|
|Simple Scribe's Backpack||Fine||0|
|Sturdy Scribe's Backpack||Masterwork||75|
|Practical Scribe's Backpack||Rare||150|
|Intricate Scribe's Backpack||Rare||275|
|Ornate Scribe's Backpack||Exotic||300|
|Elegant Scribe's Backpack||Exotic||400|
|Elegant Scribe's Backpack||Exotic||400|