The Thaw Elixir is a potion used by newly transformed Sons of Svanir to sustain the extreme cold temperatures to which they are regularly exposed. Consuming the Thaw Elixir is a must to survive The Bitter Cold area and its harsh weather, negating the effect of Bitter Cold by granting Cold Resistance.
- Complete the Living World Season 3 episode "Elixir Cookin'" on any character on the account to unlock the ability to cook the elixir.
- Collect the ingredients below, then interact with the hot springs at the Blister Cauldron (in the southeast of Bitterfrost Frontier) to brew the elixir.
The following items need to be in the character's inventory to brew the elixir:
- Fresh Winterberry (12) - Gained from gathering Winterberry Bushes, Bundle of Winterberries, Icebound Chest, or Daily Bitterfrost Frontier achievements.
- Clump of Frostbitten Suet (8) - Dropped by any creature in Bitterfrost Frontier.
- Cold Resistant Eggshell (3) - Placing Abandoned Griffon Eggs in the Egg Warmer near Woomulla and collecting the eggshells afterwards.
- Grawl Firestone - Purchased from Sun Warming for 1,050
- If nearby enemies interrupt you as you are brewing the elixir, the components will be consumed without successfully brewing the elixir.
- The Thaw Elixir doesn't exist as an item itself; after brewing it, the effect is automatically gained. It's only mentioned in several item descriptions and Living World episodes.
- Despite the duration being listed as about 24 hours, the effects of the elixir's Cold Resistance will reset at daily reset, making it more effective if done shortly after reset.
- The effect does, however, have a minimum duration of 2 hours, allowing you to get credit for the daily on multiple resets at the price of having its protection for less time .
- Daily Living World Season 3: Daily Bitterfrost Frontier Elixir Addiction — Obtain cold resistance from the thaw elixir. (0)
- A Crack in the Ice: Elixir Recipe — Collect all items on the ingredient list for the elixir. (0 )
- A Crack in the Ice: Elixir Cookin' — Do what's necessary to make the thaw elixir. (1 )