The Bitter Cold
The Bitter Cold
The Bitter Cold is an area within Bitterfrost Frontier. This unforgiving box canyon is home to a swarm of Jormag's minions. The entire area is a frigid environmental hazard, and those who enter will recieve multiple stacks of Bitter Cold, resulting in a quick death. Exploration of this area is only possible if under the effects of the Thaw Elixir, which gives the Cold Resistance buff.
There is a device on a stalagmite that can melt a hole in the ice fall, providing access to the back of this area and to the The Bitter Cold story step. Also, multiple Diving Goggles for the Dive Master: Cold Feet achievement are present. The mastery point on top of the area can be accessed by being shot from the Thermal Tube in the previous area or by use of various mounts.
Locations and objectives
- Point of Interest
- Lockflow Ice Fall —
- Mastery Insights
- Bitterfrost Frontier Insight: The Bitter Cold
- Icebrood Kodan
- Icebrood Quaggan
- Icebrood Wolf
- Veteran Corrupted Ice Elemental
- Veteran Corrupted Storm
- Veteran Icebrood Kodan
- Resource nodes
- Both the Snow Leopard and the Snow Leopard Cubs are Frozen Solid, but can be thawed with a Koda's Flame torch.
- There are three sets of Diving Goggles, all of which are alternative places to dive into the same hole in the ice. You only need to use one of them for the achievement. Two of them do not provide enough momentum to break the ice, so you will die instantly or land among enemies, damaged from the fall. Use the diving goggles furthest to the southwest. The correct goggles are on a flat area at the top of a ramp, not on a pillar or mountainside ledge.
- There are five total chests in Bitter Cold area: 3 on top of platforms, 1 behind waterfall, 1 under the ice accessible via Diving Goggles.