An interrupt is any action that prevents a foe from completing its current action. Skills which are interrupted have a 5 second cooldown before they can be cast again. Chains are reset to the first skill in the chain any time the player is interrupted. Skill activation can be cancelled by a player casting the skill, but is not considered interruption. When an interrupt occurs, the word Interrupt! appears on the screen.
Effects causing interruption
- Daze – Disables all skills for a short duration.
- Fear – Disables all skills and causes the target to flee directly away from the caster for a short duration.
- Knockdown – Knocks the target on ground, preventing movement and actions for a short duration.
- Launch – Throws the target in the air over a short distance, preventing movement and actions for a short duration.
- Pull – Pulls the caster to the target or the target to a specific location and disables them for a second.
- Push – Pushes the target away and on the ground, preventing movement and actions.
- Stun – Prevents movement and actions for a short duration.
- Float - Causes the underwater target to move upwards.
- Sink - Causes the underwater target to move downwards.
- Taunt - Forces the affected target to run towards the source of taunt with all skills except stun breakers disabled while using their auto-attack skill.
Traits that trigger on interrupt
- Distracting Strikes - Cause confusion when you interupt a foe's skill.
- Moment of Clarity - Gain an attack of opportunity for you and your pet on interrupting a foe. Daze and stun durations you inflict last longer.
- Lightning Rod - Disabling an enemy causes them to be struck by a lightning bolt.
- Illusion of Vulnerability - Inflict vulnerability when you interrupt a foe.
- Furious Interruption - Gain quickness when you interrupt a foe.
- Power Block - Interrupts deal damage and inflict weakness. Enemy skills that you interrupt have an increased cooldown.
(Cannot increase recharge of skills with no recharge.)
- Duelist's Discipline - Pistol attacks from you and your illusions have a chance to cause bleeding. Interrupting a foe recharges pistol skills.
- Mistrust - Whenever you interrupt a foe, inflict confusion in an area around them.
- Chaotic Interruption - When you interrupt a foe, you immobilize them and gain might. You then gain an additional random boon while your target gains a random condition.
Upgrade components that trigger on interrupt
- Rune of Perplexity (rank 6)
- Interrupts as they existed in Guild Wars (see here) are not as prevalent in Guild Wars 2 because of their dependence on low network latency to be used effectively.
- ^ http://gw2.mondespersistants.com/?article=171&page_art=2 Mondes Persistants interviews Izzy on GW2 PvP