Karma () is a non-tradeable account-based currency that players can use to purchase items from karma merchants, including Renown heart NPCs and master craftsmen. The amount of karma you hold can be seen in the Wallet.
Karma can be obtained from:
- Events (20 –378 , based on event level)
- Hearts (90 –675 , based on event level)
- Fractals of the Mists (0 –12,000 ; see details)
- Karma consumables
The amount of karma acquired can subsequently be increased by various karma modifiers.
 Karma consumables
Karma consumables can be obtained by completing the daily and monthly achievements for Drops and Flasks of Liquid Karma, from some chests, from activities, and from the Lost Orrian Jewelry Box sold by some karma merchants. They are sometimes also obtained during special events.
- ^ a b c These items were no longer obtainable as of the September 3, 2013, update that increased karma consumables by 50%. The amounts shown for them are calculated and have not been verified in-game.
 Karma modifiers
There are several ways to increase the amount of karma earned. Karma gained from consumables is not increased.
|50% Karma Bonus|| Karma Booster
Communal Boost Bonfire
Enchanted Reward Boost
|Guild Karma Boost||Guild Karma Banner||5%||Does not stack with other guild banner effect.|
|Guild Karma Banner Boost|| Guild Karma and Experience Banner
Guild Heroes Banner
|10%||Does not stack with other guild banner effect.|
|+15% Karma for 24 hrs||Guild bonus||15%|
|Nourishment|| Ice Cream
|5%||Only one food buff may be active at a time.|
|Karmic Infusion||15%||Bonus active while equipped|
|Karma Gain||Achievement rewards||Varies||Permanent account bonus based on total achievement points earned|
|Total||+95%||(Not counting the Karma Gain account-wide bonus.)|
Karma can be spent at
- a karma merchant, found throughout Tyria.
- a renown heart NPC, after completing their required tasks.
- a master craftsman NPC for high quality crafting recipes.
- The selection of items offered by karma vendors can be affected by local events; in particular, some items are only available after completing certain events. For example, Rhell Crankmane only offers Citadel Armor after you help him setup his ghost control machine.
 See also
- During the betas, you could earn karma by completing parts of your personal story, helping others complete their story, or completing renown hearts. This was removed upon release.
- The karma rewards were added to dungeon completion in a 2012 update.
- A karma reward was reintroduced to renown heart rewards in the Flame and Frost: Prelude release.
- Karma was made account bound with the addition of wallet in the Queen's Jubilee release; prior to that, it was character bound.
- Karma consumables are not affected by boosts since the September 3, 2013 update. Each consumable was changed to grant around 50% more karma to compensate for this change.
- The karma icon was inspired by the Penrose triangle, an impossible object.