Appearance when infected by spiders.
Sylvan Hounds, or sometimes called fern hounds, are plants that mimic dogs, born from the Pale Tree. Unlike the sylvari, Sylvan Hounds are born small and grow in a few months. They are naturally docile and great companions and are seen by sylvari in the same way dogs are seen by humans as cherished pets but when mistreated by Nightmare Court they are turned into aggressive Nightmare Hounds.
- Blazeridge Steppes (43) (During related events only)
- Caledon Forest
- Mount Maelstrom
- Straits of Devastation
- Lornar's Pass
- Chapter 1: Following the Dream
- Chapter 2: The Teachings of Ventari
- Act With Wisdom path
- Chapter 6: The Battle of Claw Island
- Order of Whispers path
- Chapter 7: Forming the Pact
- Chapter 8: Victory or Death
- Act I
- Use repellant to protect the sylvan hounds from spiders (3)
- Protect Scholar Penta while she examines the scriptures (30)
- Defeat the dragon minions before they absorb too much ley-line magic (42, 45, 50)
- Escort Scholar Riagan to the ritual location (53)
- Defend Pact forces until all reinforcements have arrived (73)
- Protect the Pact as they defend Brassclaw Landing from the Risen (74)
- Poisons and Bleeds
- Immune to Conditions
- Bite - Deals 800-950 damage, causes Poisoned for 2 seconds and 1 stack of Bleeding for 4 seconds.
- Sylvari players have the ability to summon one to fight at their side for a time with the Summon Sylvan Hound skill.