From Guild Wars 2 WikiJump to navigationJump to search
Locations and objectives
- Renown Hearts
- Thwart the Nightmare Court at Joy's End (16)
- Watchful Source Waypoint —
- Watchful Source
- Sylvan Hound (16)
- Aidre (16)
- Brenalynn (16)
- Citizen (16)
- Gaolen (16)
- Hunter Meirion (17)
- Roisinmurr (16)
- Thermaine (16)
- Valiant Alydael (16)
- Valiant Britadgh (16)
- Vervain (16)
- Warden (16)
- Sydais (16)
- Wyld Hunt Guard (17)
- Wyld Hunt Squire (15)
- Wyld Hunt Valiant (15-16)
- Brikawik (16)
- Diantha (16)
- Kraya (16)
- Lakoon'ta (16)
- Loravere (16)
- Serai (16)
- Valiant Raeloir (16)
- Widyre (16)
- Firefly (16)
- Green Moa (16)
- At the Watchful Source
- Wyld Hunt Squire: Where are we going, sir? What is our quest?
- Wyld Hunt Valiant: We'll know when we get there.
- Peacemaker Bruntt: We discovered the Inquest was building labs in Brisban Wildlands a little over a year ago. Do you know when the Nightmare Court moved in?
- Roisinmurr: I only know when I heard the call to this Wyld Hunt pulling me here. That was only recently.
- Peacemaker Bruntt: Hmm. Perhaps the techniques that have failed in rooting out the Inquest will do better with your particular brand of pest.
- Roisinmurr: You cannot use fear or terror to sway the Nightmare Court. They relish in the darkest of emotions.
- Peacemaker Bruntt: Interesting. How do you deal with them, then?
- Roisinmurr: By finding them, rooting them out, and showing them the point of your sword before they spread their corruption further.
- Aidre: I learned it from a little human girl. It's a simple game, once you know how to play.
- Gaolen: But how does paper beat rock?
- Sydais: It covers it.
- Gaolen: I understand that. But how does it best a rock? A rock can tear through paper.
- Sydais: I think a better question to ask is why anybody would crush a perfectly good pair of scissors.
- Aidre: Let us test each other!
- (Game unsuccessful)
- Aidre: That's embarrassing. We'll do it better next time.
- (Game successful)
- Aidre: We did it!
- Brenalynn: You're an enigma. Tell me what you do. I'll tell you who you are.
- Thermaine: I am a warrior. Nature reveals the arts of war to me.
- Brenalynn: You learn to deal death by watching life?
- Thermaine: I am no placid gardener, no gentle guardian. Thorns bite, vines choke, and I kill.
- Brenalynn: Your path is very different from mine.
- Thermaine: Fate has brought us together. What do you seek in life?
- Brenalynn: I gather magical knowledge. I harvest magical power.
- Thermaine: Your quest is strange to me. I understand warfare, but not the path you've chosen.
- Brenalynn: Wildflowers spread across the fields. Magic flourishes in every corner of the world. I gather both.
- Thermaine: I see. You gather. I destroy.
- Brenalynn: How long have you studied the ways of the war?
- Thermaine: I master my art with unyielding patience. Like a great elm, I grow stronger over the years.
- Brenalynn: Can nothing defeat you?
- Thermaine: Like the oak, I never yield. No one can deny my skill.
- Brenalynn: I walk a gentler path. The branch that doesn't bend will break.
- Thermaine: Nothing can break me. No blade can cut me. I am a leaf on the wind.
- Brenalynn: Your path leads through many battlefields. How do you know when your journey is over?
- Thermaine: It never ends. I travel, and the world reveals its truths to me.
- Brenalynn: You seem strangely comfortable with your violent life.
- Thermaine: It's more than mayhem. I meditate. I contemplate.
- Brenalynn: On the battlefield?
- Thermaine: In the wilderness. The singing of a sword is like a breeze through the trees.
- Brenalynn: Forgive me, but you're not like the other warriors I've met. Is your life difficult?
- Thermaine: I don't have the size of a norn or the brawn of a charr, but I manage.
- Brenalynn: You carry yourself like a champion.
- Thermaine: I fight like a sylvari. My blade flows and cuts like a cold wind in the forest.
- Brenalynn: Have you met others who follow your path?
- Thermaine: Many. Our styles of swordplay are as old as the forest.