From Guild Wars 2 Wiki
Locations and objectives
- Caledon Haven Waypoint —
- Town of Cathal Waypoint —
Caledon Haven Vista —
- Start at the ramp near Quartermaster Isond and run along the top of the wall.
- Apprentice Vee (12)
- Chief Dekkti (11)
- Krewe Apprentice (12)
- Krewe Researcher (12)
- Researcher Flitt (12)
- PM-632z (11)
- Captain Ragna (12)
- Warden Dynad (12)
- Warden Fila (12)
- Warden Gwynda (12)
- Warden Ranger (12)
- Warden Scout (12)
- Warden Shield (12)
- Buccina (12)
- Duvall (12)
- Minane (12)
- Quartermaster Isond (12)
- Tengu Trader (12)
- Tifta (12)
- Voireen (12)
- Jungle Grub (12)
- Firefly (11-12)
- Green Moa (12)
- Black Raptor (11)
- At Caledon Haven
- Lionguard (1): I don't know why we allow that asura from the Durmand Priory to continue his work upstairs right here in the haven.
- Lionguard (2): It's not our habit to turn anyone away from the haven without good cause.
- Lionguard (1): Yeah, but asura by themselves are obnoxious. Durmand Priory by themselves are obnoxious. And a Durmand Priory who is also an asura really gets under my fur.
- Lionguard (2): So, remind me again. What was it exactly that drew you to join the Lionguard?
- Lionguard (1): I'm so thirsty, but the ale out here tastes like dew filtered through lilac petals.
- Lionguard (2): Have a piece of fruit. It's better for you. And they're locally grown.
- Lionguard (1): Who are these tengu? What's their story?
- Lionguard (2): All I know is they come from a far-off land and live behind what wall.
- Lionguard (1): What happened to make them wall themselves off from the world?
- Lionguard (2): I don't know. They never talk about it.
- Lionguard (1): I was poking around those ruins the other day. My brother would love them.
- Lionguard (2): He enjoys crumbling architecture and the danger of contracting diseases, huh?
- Lionguard (1): He's a scholar in the Durmand Priory.
- Lionguard (2): So, I was correct in my assumption.
- Lionguard (1): Have you been to the Tengu trading Post?
- Lionguard (2): I went by the other day. What are they doing around here outside their wall?
- Lionguard (1): None of them will say. They're a very private people.
- Lionguard (1): We're here to help the sylvari integrate into society, right?
- Lionguard (2): It's our duty as older races to help these sprouts grow and learn.
- Lionguard (1): Why do so many of them seem to have the wisdom of the ancients?
- At the Hanto Trading Post
- Shou: Once the asura gate is finished, we can set up a trading post in Lion's Arch.
- Caromi Scout: That seems so far away.
- Shou: I know. But it will pay honor to the ancestors if we broaden our trade reach. Our weapons will sell well there.
- Caromi Scout: I've heard they cook their food before eating it?
- Shou: Even the rats?
- Customer: Why do your people live behind that wall?
- Tengu Trader: To be safe.
- Customer: I would love to see what's on the other side.
- Tengu Trader: Only tengu are allowed behind the wall. No others.
- Customer: Can I ask you a question?
- Tengu Trademaster: Yes, my ancestors could fly. No, I cannot. Now trade.
- Tengu Trademaster: We wandered for generations, looking for a home, searching for freedom.
- Lionguard: Freedom is the ultimate hunt, the most highly prized prey.
- Tengu Trademaster: You would make a good tengu.
- Lionguard: How do you like living and working outside the wall?
- Tengu Trader: The sylvari make decent neighbors. They do, however, ask too many questions.
- Lionguard: I couldn't agree more.
- At the Hemlock Coil
- Nightmare Courtier (1): What is your favorite implement?
- Nightmare Courtier (2): I prefer the vice. It's so tantalizingly and agonizingly slow. You?
- Nightmare Courtier (1): Bamboo shoots. I enjoy inflicting pain through growth.
- Nightmare Courtier (1): I saw horrible images in the Dream while meditating yesterday.
- Nightmare Courtier (2): How wonderful. Describe them to me.
- Nightmare Courtier (1): I have a Soundless female I've been working on for a while.
- Nightmare Courtier (2): Anything special planned?
- Nightmare Courtier (1): The usual. Physical pain combined with mental pressure.
- Nightmare Court Pack Trainer: Time for some sport. Hounds, kill!
- In the Town of Cathal
- Warden Dynad: This way. Hurry.
- Warden Dynad: All right! Woo! That's it! Yes! Victory!
- Resident (1): I love all the colors of this world. Everything's so bright.
- Resident (2): I don't think the whole world is like our forest.
- Resident (1): Why are the other races so preoccupied with who owns the land?
- Resident (2): No one owns the land. It belongs to itself.
- Resident (1): And yet they fight and kill each other for it. I don't understand.
- Resident (2): I have to admit, some days I long for the quiet of the Soundless.
- Resident (1): For Ventari's sake, why?
- Resident (2): On rare days, the music of the world turns to noise, and I wish I could turn it all off.
- Warden Fila: All right. We should start now.
- Warden Fila: That's great! Good job, everyone!
- Warden Scout: Halt.
- Warden Scout: To me. We're stronger side by side.
- Warden Scout: We are the ward that keeps this place safe. Stand strong.
- Warden Scout: No. (moan) This cannot be!
- Warden Scout: Attack!
- Resident (1): I'll never understand what Caithe saw in Faolain.
- Resident (2): Who can say they truly understand anything about Caithe, really?
- Resident (1): Do other races dream?
- Resident (2): I heard some of them dream every night.
- Resident (1): I wonder what they dream about. Each other? The future? The past?
- Resident (2): Themselves mostly, I think.
- Resident (2): I don't understand the Nightmare Court.
- Resident (2): How do you choose to turn away from Ventari? He's part of who we are.
- Resident (1): It's not as simple as turning over a rock. The path to nightmare is long and arduous.
- Resident (1): My senses have been reeling lately. I think I might be sick.
- Resident (2): We're surrounded by exotic sensations... skritt, Soundless, Nightmare Court.
- Resident (2): I guess we're not in the Grove anymore.
- Villager: It makes me feel so much more at ease knowing the Caledon Haven is so nearby.
- Warden Gwynda: Although, whenever a group of norn stop by for the night, their revelry does tend to keep me awake.
- Villager: Especially their singing. And their songs can sometimes get quite bawdy.
- Warden Gwynda: I say the next time their merriment gets to be too raucous, we should march straightaway to the haven and ask them to keep it down.
- Villager: And then, as long as we've made the journey, perhaps we could join in.
- Resource nodes