Village of Astorea
Village of Astorea
1 1 2
The Village of Astorea is a sylvari settlement located in the southwest corner of Caledon Forest, just outside The Grove. It is where new sylvari characters awaken from the Dream of Dreams after the tutorial, Fighting the Nightmare.
Locations and objectives
- Renown Hearts
- Help Delilah keep the farmer's fields safe (2)
- Astorea Waypoint —
- Farmer Annat
- Farmer Catar
- Mender Aviala
- Mender Serimon
- Warden Ranger
- Warden Requisitioner
- Warden Scout
- Green Moa (2)
- Citizen (1): So good to live here, just outside the city.
- Citizen (2): Agreed. I don't think I could live farther away.
- Citizen (1): You look nice today.
- Citizen (2): I know.
- Sapling (1): We should make a vow to always stay together.
- Sapling (2): But what if I'm called to a Wyld Hunt and have to go?
- Sapling (1): The Dream would not be so cruel.
- Citizen (1): Care for an expedition? Maybe to the east?
- Citizen (2): Expedition, eh? Normally I'm in, but that's right into the undead.
- Citizen (1): Maybe they'll clear up before we get there.
- Citizen (2): I think I'll pass.
- Sapling (1): Being a Wyld Hunt valiant makes me no better than anyone else. It merely means I have a more firmly defined purpose.
- Sapling (2): You have a responsibility.
- Sapling (1): I have a responsibility because I am alive. We all do. Being a Wyld Hunt valiant just means I know quite clearly how to fulfill mine.
- Sapling (1): When I dipped my ladle into the Dream's knowledge pool, I think I accidentally used the straining spoon.
- Sapling (2): (laugh) I know what you mean. My knowledge of the world feels spotty, at best.
- Sapling (1): Oh, to be omniscient. (laugh) I haven't the slightest idea how to cook, but I know a word like "omniscient."
- Sapling (2): (laugh) The Pale Tree sees all. We must believe she showed us exactly what we need to know.
- Sapling (1): It's obvious to me. Why else would we have started awakening if it weren't to fight dragons?
- Sapling (2): Humans have a concept called "coincidence." It means two events that appear related but that are not.
- Sapling (1): Then why do I feel the call to fight them and their creations?
- Sapling (2): Humans have another concept called "mystery."
- Sapling (1): What is it like to feel the call?
- Sapling (2): It's difficult to describe. It's a tightness in your chest and a buzz in the back of your head.
- Sapling (2): You can't stop thinking about what must be done. It gnaws at you and climbs your soul like a parasitic vine.
- Sapling (1): That sounds unpleasant.
- Warden Shield (1): I understand why the Wardens must be sent out to patrol other areas but with so few of us left here and the undead stepping up their attacks of late, I worry that Wardenhurst could fall.
- Warden Shield (2): Would you like me to hold you?
- Warden Shield (1): Does that move work on other guys?
- Warden Ranger: If you could make a motto for yourself, what would it be?
- Warden Scout: To mine own brain be true.
- Warden Ranger: That's a little strange. Are you sure your own brain isn't addled?
- Warden Scout: Take it or leave it.
- Farmer Annat: Everything has a right to live.
- Farmer Catar: Why do you keep saying that?
- Farmer Annat: Trying to garden with all these termites, I just have to keep reminding myself. Everything has a right to live.
- Resource nodes
- Copper Ore