Reach the finish line! (Lunar New Year)
Reach the finish line!
- The Crown Pavilion
- Event type
- Dynamic event
- Part of
- Lunar New Year
- Given by
- Race Announcer
- Preceded by
- Prepare for a race around Divinity's Reach
This is a very long and winding race that can be completed on mount or on foot. Unlike previously released races, there are no enemies or traps on this course.
While the race event lasts for seven minutes, completing it within 3.5 minutes (while the Time Trial buff is still active) awards the Celestial Racer and Celestial Racer (Annual) achievements, and the Ace Racer magic find buff.
Raptor with Canyon Jumping is a solid choice for this course.
While the race event lasts for seven minutes, completing it within 5.5 minutes (while the Time Trial—Sprinting buff is still active) awards the New Year's Resolution (Annual) achievement and the Ace Racer magic find buff.
Permanent swiftness (33% movement speed bonus) is enough to finish the race within 5.5 minutes on foot. Possible sources:
- Swiftness — Granted from profession skills or nearby players.
- Superspeed — Granted from profession skills. Has the same effect as swiftness when out of combat.
- Leader of the Pact III — Affects entire party.
- Speed Boon NPC — Speak with one of the priests in Divinity's Reach to be granted five minutes of a unique swiftness buff.
However, relying purely on swiftness leaves a very narrow margin of error, so mobility skills are strongly recommended as well. Suggested skills for core professions:
|Very difficult without permanent swiftness. Consider using druid or soulbeast, racing on a different profession, or using a mobility-granting item (list below).|
|Very difficult without permanent swiftness. Consider using an elite specialization, racing on a different profession, or using a mobility-granting item (list below).|
Example mobility-granting items:
|Experimental Teleportation Gun (bundle)||One-time-use bundle sold for 32 copper a piece in Timberline Falls. Around nine or ten of them are required to finish the footrace within 5.5 minutes if no profession mobility skills are used.|
|Executioner Axe Toy (toy)||A gemstore item packaged with the Executioner's Outfit during Halloween. Use skill 2 to dash and skill 6 to cancel at the end of the dash.|
|Choya Pinata Tonic (tonic)||A Path of Fire tonic bought with casino coins. Spam the second skill for great mobility.|
|Fiery Greatsword (bundle)||You can borrow one from an elementalist friend. The bundle only lasts for 30 seconds, but is good for a bit of a head start.|
- Gourdon the Racing Choya
- Boar (racer) (Only during the year of the boar)
- Dog (racer)
- Snake (racer)
- Horse (racer)
- Monkey (racer)
- Dragon (racer)
- Race Announcer
- Festive Mount Rental
- Successfully completing the race within 3.5 minutes (or within 5.5 minutes if racing on foot) awards the Ace Racer effect, increasing Magic Find by 25% for 15 minutes while in Divinity's Reach.
- It is possible to finish the race twice in the time limit on a mount, getting credit towards Celestial Messenger for both completions.
- Daily Lunar New Year: Lunar Racer — Complete the race event in Divinity's Reach during Lunar New Year. (0)
- Lunar New Year (achievement category): Celestial Racer — Complete the race event in Divinity's Reach during Lunar New Year in under 3 minutes, 30 seconds. (5)
- New Year's Customs: Celestial Messenger — Complete the race event in Divinity's Reach during Lunar New Year. (5)
- New Year's Customs: (Annual) Celestial Racer — Complete the race event in Divinity's Reach during Lunar New Year in under 3 minutes, 30 seconds. This achievement can be completed once a year. (0)
- New Year's Customs: (Annual) New Year's Resolution — Complete the race event in Divinity's Reach during Lunar New Year in under 5 minutes, 30 seconds without using a mount. This achievement can be completed once a year. (0)