From Guild Wars 2 WikiJump to navigationJump to search
- Mesmer (skill list)
- Training cost
- 3 Hero points
- Game link
Manipulation. The next utility skill you use has significantly reduced recharge, and Mimic's recharge is increased by the original recharge of the affected skill.
Mimic's recharge cannot be reset by other mesmer skills.
- Echo (10s): Your next utility skill will recharge faster.
- Recharge reduced to: 1 second
— In-game description
- Master of Manipulation — Manipulations grant aegis to yourself and nearby allies.
- Mimic only reduces the recharge of utility skills. It does not affect Shatters, nor healing skills, nor elite skills, nor trait cooldowns.
- As noted in the skill description, Mimic's recharge is completely unaffected by Continuum Split.
- The effect will be used when casting mantras. This will affect the cooldown, but not the charge cooldown. Since mantra cooldowns are 4 seconds or less, mimic is wasted on mantras.
- The effect will not be used when casting Portal Entre. It will be used as normal when casting Portal Exeunt.
- Using Mimic before activating Blink can make yourself a great way to escape from dangerous situations or to move faster on the map by "skipping" long distances
For a detailed skill history, see here.
|February 14, 2023||
|July 16, 2019||
|March 05, 2019||
|December 11, 2018||
|October 18, 2016||
|June 23, 2015||Specialization update:
|September 09, 2014||
|July 01, 2014||
|June 03, 2014||
|August 28, 2012||Game release:
- Mimic was originally implemented as the engineer skill Absorb, which stored an enemy projectile for later use.
- This skill underwent a major overhaul as a part of the September 2014 Feature Pack.
- It was completely redesigned during the 23rd of June 2015 Specialization Rebalance.
- The current function of this skill is identical to Glyph of Renewal from the original Guild Wars.