From Guild Wars 2 Wiki
Whirl in a target's direction, slashing foes along your path.
— In-game description [?]
- Forceful Greatsword — Gain power and a chance to gain might on critical strike. Double these bonuses while wielding a greatsword or spear. Greatsword and spear skills recharge faster
- This skill cleaves.
- Whirlwind Attack will try to hit 4 times on its path.
- A stationary enemy in its path will be hit 2-4 times depending on their size and distance from the starting point. Starting in melee range (130 units), player characters and smaller enemies will be hit 2-3 times, while bigger creatures will be hit all 4 times. The size of a creature usually matches their selection circle.
- Used against an obstacle in an angle that prevents advance or while immobilized will allow you to deliver all 4 hits to enemies in range.
For a detailed skill history, see here.
|June 23, 2015|| Specialization update:
|September 09, 2014||
|August 28, 2012|| Game release:
- A Guild Wars skill bears the same name as this skill.