Town of Nolan
Town of Nolan
The Town of Nolan is an area within the Diessa Plateau. A group of Iron Legion charr have established this settlement situated where the ruined city of Nolani once was. In the back of the town a large pile of huge rusty gears lies scattered about an ancient courtyard. North of the vista up a flight of stairs is the entrance to the North Nolan Hatchery.
Locations and objectives
- Nolan Waypoint —
Town of Nolan Vista —
- Climb the rocks just north of the vista
- Anya Fairmind (16)
- Blood Legion Soldier
- Burnham Wurmgut (15)
- Farrin Quickpaw (16)
- Iron Legion Engineer (16)
- Iron Legion Marksman (16)
- Iron Legion Soldier (16)
- Jacinta Longclaw (15)
- Marmox (16)
- Old Soldier (16)
- Primus Kurr (15)
- Scisar Farkiller (16)
- Soldier (15)
- Black Lion Trader (15)
- Black Lion Trader (15)
- Fell Rustaxe (15)
- Padar Grindaxe (15)
- Reesha Bloodlust (15)
- Cub (1): Where's Anya gone? She's always disappearing.
- Cub (2): I bet the singing scared her so bad she ran back to the fahrar.
- Cub (1): Hah! It's a good thing she's not here. She'd have walloped all the way to sorry—just for saying that.
- Cub (2): Um. Don't tell her, okay?
- Soldier (1): Do you know anyone headed north? I need someone to pick something up for me.
- Soldier (2): Only troops, and I get the feeling they ain't coming back anytime soon.
- Soldier (1): You seen any merchants?
- Soldier (2): Not lately.
- Soldier (1): Let's play a game. I'll punch you, and then you can punch me.
- Soldier (2): I've got a better idea. You leave me alone, or I'll knock you out with something heavy.
- Soldier (1): Do I get to punch you back?
- Soldier (2): You'll never get the chance.
- Soldier (1): Anything new?
- Soldier (2): It's been quiet.
- Soldier (1): Shame. A day without violence is like a day without sunshine.
- Soldier (2): Agreed.
- Soldier (1): My sister's having trouble with her cubs again.
- Soldier (2): The cubs found her? I thought she dropped 'em off at a fahrar years ago.
- Soldier (1): They're smart. They got loose. Went back to her town and started causin' trouble.
- Soldier (2): They grow up so fast.
- The cub patrol
- (The cubs arrive from the fahrar and walk to the primus.)
- Primus Kurr: Listen up, troopers! It's time for patrol. You're going out, and you're coming back.
- Cub (1): What's our objective, sir?
- Primus Kurr: Don't start any fights...but be ready to finish them.
- Cub (2): Who's in command?
- Primus Kurr: He won King of the Hill yesterday, so you'll be following his orders.
- Cub (2): He cheated. And I know the fields better than he does!
- Primus Kurr: He won, trooper. You lost. Fall in and follow your orders. Got it? Good! Get rolling!
- (The patrol moves to the first checkpoint.)
- Cub (1): Use the wheat fields for cover!
- Cub (1): Watch our flank. Get ready for ambush.
- Cub (2): Yeah, we could get attacked by cows at any moment.
- Cub (1): Stow it, soldier!
- Cub (2): You're not a legionnaire yet. When we get back to the fahrar, you are so dead.
- (The patrol moves to the second checkpoint at Oldgate Clearing)
- Cub (2): This is boring! When do we get to fight?
- Cub (1): Orders. Patrol and observe. We don't start trouble. We just finish it.
- Cub (2): Who put you in charge?
- Cub (1): I put me in charge! 'Cause I'm the decider! You can fight me for command, or you can keep your mouth shut! What's it gonna be?
- Cub (1): Yeah, that's what I thought. Fall in. We're on patrol.
- (The patrol moves back to the entrance, passing by soldiers.)
- Soldier (1): I think they're are
- Soldier (2): Cubs and their warbands. I was starting to worry about them.
- Soldier (1): Yeah, I haven't seen them fighting for days!
- Soldier (2): Don't worry. It'll pick up again soon. A good tussle is exactly what this town needs. Be ready for it.
- (The patrol returns to the primus.)
- Primus Kurr: How was patrol?
- Cub (2): Our leader is a jerk. Thinks he's some kind of legionnaire already!
- Primus Kurr: Well then, your next responsibility os to challenge him to single combat. Just like I taught you!
- Cub (1): Hey, maybe she'll follow orders this time. Or maybe she'll just talk me to death!
- Primus Kurr: You sound just like your parents. Get back to the fahrar with the rest of the cubs. Troops dismissed!
- (The cubs return to the fahrar in the Town of Nolan to wait for their next assignment.)
Strawberry node farm
- Start to the north of the Vista,on top of a gear leaning against the tower.
- Jump along the gears against the tower to the slimy gears up against the wall (under the pipe).
- Run along the slimy gears, staying against the wall, and jump behind a larger gear, up to a set of steps. (You will be able to see yellow and blue floaties.)
- After exiting, jump up and turn left toward the great, big, slimy gear that you just came out from behind.
- Jump up the slimy gear's first two teeth to get to a slimy bent gear on a pole, and then to the next "step" up.
- Jump southwest into the pipe closest to you, which is covered by moss and goo.
- Run through the pipe, and when you come to a gear with a candle on it, jump up through the hole, out of the pipe.
- Hop down, and over the stream, to a fallen grate.
- Run up the grate, and jump up a boulder to the garden.