Training Grounds (Seitung Province)
1 3 1
Click to enlarge.
Historically, training took place at Shing Jea Arena, today known as the Isle of Reflection, since by tradition fighting was not allowed on Shing Jea Island. However, in the years after the fall of the Ministry of Purity, the island fell into disuse, Shing Jea Monastery and the Imperial regime changed their stance and allowed large-scale arena combat at the monastery's training grounds.
Locations and objectives
- Renown Hearts
- Monastery Training (80)
- Hero Challenges
- Veteran Jade Bulwark (80)
- Apprentice Ari
- Apprentice Roni
- Instructor Bureku
- Instructor Kaeli
- Student Bin
- Student Miki
- Student Yon
- Trainer Raji
- Trainer Stone Fist
- Trainer Yamigi
- Student Kiko: Yon, why're you even here? All you do is complain.
- Student Yon: My parents forced me. They said I was "wasting my life at the mech fights."
- Student Kiko: Because you were
- Student Yon: I just don't see the point of learning this when mechs are ten million time better at fighting than we'll ever be.
- Student Kiko: The point is there's a lot more to this than just learning how to fight. You know: mindfulness. Discipline.
- Student Yon: I'm disciplined.
- Student Kiko: No, you've been disciplined... There's a difference.
- Student Yon: Just three more months, and we're out of here.
- Student Kiko: Um, I actually talked to Grand Master Kyren yesterday about signing on for good.
- Student Yon: Really?
- Student Kiko: Yes, really. I know you've got a job gift-wrapped for you back in Kaineng.
- Student Kiko: But not everyone's got a mommy with a high-up ministry post.
- Student Yon: Guess beats being a janitor.
- Student Kiko: My parents may have to clean up other people's crap, but at least they're not full of it.
- Student Kiko: Find a new training partner, Yon.
- Student Yon: Hey, I'm sorry about what I said. I went too far.
- Student Kiko: Yeah, you did.
- Student Yon: I'm just...stressed out. This place is hard. I'm not good at any of it, and that's getting to me.
- Student Kiko: I understand, but...maybe don't take it our on the one person who's willing to put up with you?
- Student Yon: I won't. And, um, congratulations. The monastery is lucky to have you.
- Student Kiko: Thanks.
- Instructor: Yes, Bin?
- Student Bin: Master, do you have time to talk about the finer points of muscle activation in the fifth form?
- Instructor: Your execution of the fifth form is fine, Bin. Excellent, even.
- Student Bin: I don't know, Master. I think I might not be activating my trapezius, and that's why I'm not getting full extension!
- Instructor: Well, then, try doing it that way next time. See what happens.
- Student Bin: So that's it? I knew it! Thank you, Master. Most people here, they don't know a rhomboid from a deltoid. Hah!
- Student Bin: Master, I was also wandering: Do you have any notes for me on the sixth form? I think I might be piking my hips a bit.
- Instructor: I promise, the most important thing to remember in mastering the forms is—
- Student Bin: "Mind-body connection," yeah, yeah. But that's exactly what I'm doing right now, isn't it?
- Student Bin: Using my mind to figure out what's going wrong with my body!
- Instructor: Right, Bin, right.
- Approaching the Defiance training area
- Defiance Training Mech: My defense protocols are initiated if you wish to train.
- Entering the ring
- Defiance Training Mech: Student, subvert my defense protocols by employing crowd-control effects.
- Attacking while the defiance bar is active
- Defiance Training Mech: You should consider withholding direct attacks and instead find a way to subvert my defenses.
- Failing to break the bar
- Defiance Training Mech: If you cannot subvert my defenses, try equipping an appropriate weapon. They can be purchased nearby.
- Breaking the bar
- Defiance Training Mech: You have successfully eliminated my defenses.
- Defiance Training Mech: My defenses are now resetting for the next lesson.
- Approaching the Avoidance training area
- Trainer Stone Fist: Step into the ring! Try to keep away from my LANDSLIDE!
- One of the following upon getting hit
- Trainer Stone Fist: BAM! Too slow!
- Trainer Stone Fist: Keep those feet moving! Cone on now!
- One of the following upon earning a multiple of 5 stacks of Attacks Avoided
- Trainer Stone Fist: All right, all right! You've got my respect!
- Trainer Stone Fist: Ahh, you're a slippery one!
- Getting downed
- Trainer Stone Fist: Take a break. Don't die on me, now.