Listen closely. There are forces at work in this city, in this world, that will take us all down if we let them. Together, you and I can make a difference.
Marjory Delaqua is a human detective of Canthan descent. She is the business as well as romantic partner of Kasmeer Meade, and forms half of Delaqua Investigations. She was formerly a member of the Durmand Priory and still occasionally exchanges information with them. In 1326 AE, after the murder of Captain Theo Ashford, Marjory was tasked with locating the Aetherblade Retreat, an endeavor in which she was highly successful.
Marjory got her start in the Ministry Guard of Divinity's Reach, but left after witnessing Ministry Guard Henrick Baker murder a young boy for threatening to unravel a conspiracy surrounding a Minister who captured and tortured a woman with dark magic. The boy's ghost entrusted his weapons to Marjory, but unfortunately the ghost was dispersed by Kraig the Bleak before Marjory could interrogate it properly. With the help of a mysterious benefactor known only as "E", Marjory then decided to leave the Ministry and become a private investigator. The case of the ghost boy remains unsolved to this day.
When the Tower of Nightmares appeared in Kessex Hills, Marjory and Kasmeer were there on the scene to investigate. With the help of adventurers, Marjory was able to develop an antitoxin for Scarlet's poison and deliver it to the heart of the tower, destroying it. She later fought the Twisted Marionette in Lornar's Pass with Braham, Rox, and Taimi. Later, Marjory once again puts her head together with Kasmeer (and Vorpp) trying to determine Scarlet's plans, and concluded she was aiming to attack Lion's Arch.
The group were too late to stop the attack, but Marjory and Kasmeer travelled to the besieged city nonetheless to assist in the evacuation of its citizens. After the miasma cleared out, they joined the assault of the occupied city, and eventually found themselves aboard the Breachmaker, Scarlet's airship. Marjory and Braham approached Scarlet, intending to put her down, but were knocked back by a powerful blast, with Braham injured and Marjory thought dead. However, Rox was able to work some battlefield magic on her whilst an enraged Kasmeer engaged Scarlet.
- Divinity's Reach
- Kessex Hills
- The Nightmare Unveiled
- The Nightmare Incarnate
- Nightmare Chamber
- The Nightmare Ends
- The Dead End (Wintersday)
- The Origins of Madness: A Moment's Peace
- The Dead End: Advanced Warning
- The Dead End: A Study in Scarlet
- Rending Claws - Slash your foe twice with ghostly claws to make them vulnerable.
- Ghastly Claws - Summon spectral claws to slash your foe in a quick flurry of strikes, gaining life force per strike.
- Unholy Feast - Cripple nearby foes and convert their boons into conditions. Gain retaliation for each foe you strike.
- Deathly Swarm - Unleash an insect swarm, blinding multiple foes. Transfer three conditions to your target on a successful attack.
- Enfeebling Blood - Inflict weakness and bleeding on foes in the target area.
- Summon Flesh Wurm - Summon an immobile flesh wurm to attack foes.
For previous dialogue, see here.
For previous dialogue, see here.
- Join me.
- It's you.
- Can't get enough of me, huh?
- You're my lucky charm.
- Well, hello there.
- Hey, sugar.
- Hello, good-lookin'.
- Combat chatter
- Here we go.
- Enemy downed
- Okay. If that's how you wanna play it.
- See you...on the other side.
Portrait by Jamie Ro.
- Marjory is voiced by Sumalee Montano.
- Much of Marjory's dialogue is delivered in a film noir style.
- She wears Trickster's Light-Armor Skin, which was eventually made available to players via the Gem Store.
- Marjory's house is located in the Eastern Commons of Divinity's Reach
- The building was first labeled as "The Delaqua Residence" as part of the Edge of the Mists release.
- The name on the door is listed as "M. Delaqua" and a handwritten addition reads "K. Meade," suggesting that the couple had moved in together.
- An alternate version of the Battle for Lion's Arch included a cutscene in which Marjory died.
- She has 3 sisters, one of which is Belinda Delaqua. The names of the other two are not known, but both are said to be married.
- Majory Delaqua is one of the first necromancers to fight with a greatsword (it was given to her in The Ghosts of Fort Salma, and first used during Return to Camp Resolve).