From Guild Wars 2 Wiki
The name of the series comes from the Guild Wars, a series of conflicts between Tyrian guilds which led to decline of humanity and allowing the charr to invade and eventually retake Ascalon, and other events of the first series of the games.
- Guild Wars Prophecies – a story of Ascalonian refugees who become part of an ancient prophecy which will decide the fate of Tyria.
- Guild Wars Factions – a tale of young heroes of Cantha who embark on a quest to stop the returned Betrayer of the empire.
- Guild Wars Nightfall – a story set two years after the first two campaigns, in Elona, Land of the Golden Sun, where a forgotten evil raises its head.
 Expansion pack
- Guild Wars Eye of the North – set several years after the campaigns, heroes from southern Tyria discover the Eye of the North in the Far Shiverpeaks and use it to fight the Destroyer threat.
 Mission pack
- Guild Wars Bonus Mission Pack – a collection of four historic battles and events which shaped Tyria to as we know it.
- Guild Wars Beyond – a collection of free-of-charge content which further builds a bridge between the original game series and Guild Wars 2.
 See also
- Guild Wars 2, the sequel to Guild Wars.
- Hall of Monuments, which bestows rewards earned by Guild Wars players to their Guild Wars 2 characters.
 External Links
- Comparison Map Between GW1 and GW2 (courtesy of "that_shaman" of gw2db.com on May 2012)
- Comprehensive Guild Wars map with Tyria, Elona, and Cantha in highlights (courtesy of "that_shaman" of gw2db.com and linked by guildwars2guru.com forums on July 2012)