From Breaktooth's Waypoint — , travel west across Sloven Pitch to the vista overlooking a lava flow. Cross southwest over both flows to find a rock path leading safely up to the mouth of a cave; the portal to Vexa's Lab is inside the cave at the origin of the lava flow, past a series of holographic platforms. The platforms will phase out after some time, potentially dropping you into the lava below and forcing you to start from the beginning. If the platforms phase out, you can remain on them by staying on their frame-like edges. Mounts are not allowed in this area.
Locations and objectives
Near the entrance, Destroy Vexa's corrupted test subjects may be active. This consists of waves of various enemies, including destroyers, Risen, branded, and icebrood emerging from the three gates. After these have been defeated, the containment cell will release a Veteran Risen Abomination. Once the event is completed or if it wasn't running upon your arrival, proceed through the lab door to the next room.
This room contains a number of stairways in various orientations, very reminiscent of M. C. Escher's Relativity drawing. These stairways lead to portals which will teleport you out from various other portals in the room. Portals always turn the character to face east when they land. Mounts are disabled in this room.
The correct solution through the portals changes throughout the day to one of four random patterns (the pattern changes with the reset that occurs ~10 minutes after Vexa is defeated).
On the first floor, there are two portals. The correct one will teleport you to a platform in the southeast corner of the room, while the incorrect one will teleport you to the ground floor in the southwest corner of the room.
On the second floor, there are another two portals. The correct one will teleport you to a platform in the northwest corner of the room that leads to a single portal, which is the end of the room, while the incorrect one will teleport you high above the floor, causing the player to fall to their death. If they land on the large set of circles beneath the teleport point (which means not moving while falling) then they will be resurrected at the beginning of the room after several seconds.
This L-shaped hall to the south-west has many large panels, some of which phase in and out, leading to the hall's elevated exit. Don't rely on them. Instead, stay along the brass railings to keep from falling. However, a number of golem assistants patrol these railings. They wont damage you, but they will push you off, causing you to have to start the room over. The latter half of this room in particular has a large number of these golems and no panels to walk upon. Thus it is very likely you'll find yourself falling off. Stability helps immensely, as it protects you from the knockback of the golems. Mounts are disabled in this room.
This room has numerous glass panels hovering over a water tank filled with Ice Sharks and the event Defeat Vexa and her golem. If you fall in, there are ramps on either side of the tank to climb out. On the bright side, you can disengage from the boss without it gaining its life back, so if you find yourself in need of health, you can distance yourself to disengage to rest. Kill-BOT has four moves:
Once the golem is defeated, Vexa appears in the center. The solid corners crumble and all platforms are destroyed, leaving you to walk on the brass railings to reach her. In addition, a number of turrets spawn along the railings. Work your way towards Vexa and take out nearby turrets. Vexa herself is of little threat, but occasionally, she'll do a blast which knocks players back and likely into the water. Once she is defeated, a Magnificent Chest will spawn in the center and players will receive the achievement credit. If you don't want to use waypoints to exit, there is an exit portal in the shark tank.
After Vexa is defeated, an announcement is made that "the lab will detonate in ten minutes". When the lab detonates, all players currently in the dungeon are transported to the entrance so the lab can reset to its initial state.
- Daily: Daily Vexa's Lab Minidungeon — Complete the Vexa's Lab minidungeon in Fireheart Rise. (0)
- Explorer: Vexa's Lab — Find the center of Vexa's Lab. (10 )
- Astralaria III: The Mechanism: Elder Dragons and Star Navigation Theories Vol. III
- Bolt III: Zap: Bottle of Vexa's Energy
- Incinerator III: Spark: Corrosive Paste
- Meteorlogicus III: Storm: Test Subject Captivity
- Twilight III: Dusk: Captive Darkness
- This minidungeon was added in the Shadow of the Mad King 2012 update.
- In the northeast corner of the final room, there is a pile of Waypoint Research Material, which is used to:
- In the southeast corner of the final room is Vexa's Test-Golem Remains, which is used to acquire Vexa's Golem Diagnostic Reader as part of Ad Infinitum III: Unbound.
- In the the final room after defeating KiLL-BOT900, use a Capacitive Bottle to capture energy from the central turret to receive a Bottle of Vexa's Energy as part of Bolt III: Zap.
- Mounts can be used to access the dungeon. The jumping platforms to the entrance portal can be bypassed entirely through use of a griffon. The only places that mounts can't be used are in the portal puzzle and the platforming section with Golem Assistants.
- The last announcement before lab detonation "Ten seconds until lab detonation. Have a nice day!" is likely a reference to the movie Spaceballs.