HOPE I: Research
From Guild Wars 2 Wiki
HOPE I: Research is a Legendary Weapons collection achievement to gain the precursor weapon, Prototype, for the legendary pistol, HOPE. This collection is the first step to obtain the first tier of the precursor, Research.
|HOPE I: Research||Legendary Weapons||3|
| The froglike hylek are Tyria's best alchemists, the masters of potion and poison. Take the role of the apprentice in discovering the secrets of their work to create research,
the first step in attaining the Hylek Optimized Projectile Experiment (HOPE).
|Collected 20 items||3|
- The three main components may be completed in any order.
- There is no "Veteran Mosquito" as such anywhere in Caledon Forest. There is a Female Mosquito that spawns on the south side of Morgan's Spiral and heads towards Danador's Kennel; this is the creature that drops the Mosquito Blood.
- Huntsman 400 is required to complete the collection. Additionally, an armor-crafting discipline at 450 (for Bolts of Damask) will prove helpful.
- Huntsman 450 is required to actually craft Research.
- Revered Antiquarian (Legendary Crafting 1), Updraft Use (Glider 2) and Itzel Leadership (Itzel Lore 5) are required to complete the collection.
- The ascended materials used in this collection include 5 Bolts of Damask. Research itself requires an additional 15 Deldrimor Steel Ingots, 10 Elonian Leather Squares, and 10 Spiritwood Planks. These components will require 15 days to craft, if you are starting from scratch and do not resort to the trade post.
- Ascended materials are needed in most HOPE collections. You will need a grand total of 62 Deldrimor Steel Ingots, 25 Spiritwood Planks, 10 Elonian Leather Squares, and 5 Bolts of Damask. It is highly recommended that you begin crafting these as soon as possible to avoid future expenses and/or delays.
- Most likely an Easter egg left by the developers: three of the items gathered are Deadly Nightshade, Jar of Wurmswort, and Frog's Breath. These three items are the ingredients of Sally's soup/poison in the movie The Nightmare Before Christmas.