Professor Portmatt's Lab
Professor Portmatt's Lab
|Search YouTube for videos related to Professor Portmatt's Lab.|
- Enter the cave through the middle panel which opens every few seconds.
- Destroy one of the three unnamed probes (one to the north and south side of the cave and one inside the machine). You may want to destroy the one furthest from the repair golems to give you more time to do the next step.
- Players trapped inside of the machine will want to destroy the one in there. Alternatively, they may wait until one of the two outer probes are destroyed.
- (Optional) Destroy all the turrets in the area.
- To the left of the machine is an unnamed console. The following must be completed before the repair golems fix the destroyed probe. You want to "cannibalize the defense matrix" using the following steps:
- Press Okay → Yes → Yes. Do not close the dialogue window.
- Wait for it to give you more options → choose "no" (Second option).
- Wait until it cycles, then cycles again and offers a choice with a green arrow. Quickly → choose "Abort auto-abort." (First option) If you fail to press it in time, you will have to restart from the beginning.
- If you then wait a while it will lower the gate inside and open up a portal. Do not step near this portal until it is calibrated or it will suck you in and teleport you to one of these locations.
- Go to the three panels to the right of the gate and set them to show the sequence:
14:xx:xx – 49.xxx – 0.02xxx; it doesn't matter what appears in the "x" digits. Players have approximately 3 minutes before the portal closes and the panels become inaccessible, forcing you to restart from step 2.
- All players have their own set of coordinates.
- Your coordinates are kept even if the panels become unavailable. They will randomize once you step into the portal.
- The panels may have the option "Recieve coordinates from Test Platform 325," which will set your coordinates to the solution to the puzzle. (Step 6)
- Enter the portal. If the previous step was done correctly, you will be teleported to Test Platform 325 near a Magnificent Chest (which is in fact on the "roof" of that cavern, above water level). Otherwise, you will end up somewhere else in the zone.
- Following a player who has the correct coordinates into the portal, while you do not, will result in being sent somewhere else.
- Players that have reached the chest can transmit the correct coordinates to the three panels below by interacting with Test Platform 325, allowing other players to also solve the puzzle. Players at the other end must accept those coordinates (i.e. open a panel and simply "Receive" the coordinates) then enter the portal — any additional use of the consoles will result in being sent somewhere else.
Solving the coordinates
The panels to the right of the gate will shift the three coordinates in certain directions based on the option chosen. The numbers will shift in loops; meaning if the first coordinate is already at its lowest register and a player chooses an action that will decrease it further, the coordinate will instead cycle to "wrap around" to the top and highest value. Therefore it is impossible to decrease all coordinates to their lowest register and to start from there.
|First Option||Second Option|
The possible numbers you can set the console to are below. The correct coordinates are marked in green.
|Position 1||Position 2||Position 3|
The following table shows exactly which buttons to hit for each possible starting combination. To use this table, find the row with your current initial value, and for each of the panels choose the dialogue option stated. The following actions may be done in any order.
Coordinates are abbreviated using only the main components, for example, "14:32:19 – 49.251 – 0.02285" is written here as "14 – 49 – 0.02"
|Initial value||Actions for puzzle solution|
|2 – 28 – 0.01||Trim top panel||Reduce middle panel||Throttle bottom panel|
|2 – 28 – 0.02||Increase top panel||Enhance middle panel||Throttle bottom panel|
|2 – 28 – 0.03||Throttle bottom panel|
|2 – 49 – 0.01||Increase top panel||Boost bottom panel||Reduce middle panel|
|2 – 49 – 0.02||Enhance middle panel||Boost bottom panel|
|2 – 49 – 0.03||Increase top panel||Boost bottom panel|
|2 – 65 – 0.01||Reduce middle panel|
|2 – 65 – 0.02||Trim top panel||Enhance middle panel|
|2 – 65 – 0.03||Increase top panel|
|8 – 28 – 0.01||Trim top panel|
|8 – 28 – 0.02||Increase top panel||Reduce middle panel|
|8 – 28 – 0.03||Enhance middle panel|
|8 – 49 – 0.01||Increase top panel||Throttle bottom panel|
|8 – 49 – 0.02||Reduce middle panel||Throttle bottom panel|
|8 – 49 – 0.03||Trim top panel||Enhance middle panel||Throttle bottom panel|
|8 – 65 – 0.01||Boost bottom panel|
|8 – 65 – 0.02||Trim top panel||Reduce middle panel||Boost bottom panel|
|8 – 65 – 0.03||Increase top panel||Enhance middle panel||Boost bottom panel|
|14 – 28 – 0.01||Trim top panel||Enhance middle panel||Boost bottom panel|
|14 – 28 – 0.02||Increase top panel||Boost bottom panel|
|14 – 28 – 0.03||Reduce middle panel||Boost bottom panel|
|14 – 49 – 0.01||Increase top panel||Enhance middle panel|
|14 – 49 – 0.02||No change required|
|14 – 49 – 0.03||Trim top panel||Reduce middle panel|
|14 – 65 – 0.01||Enhance middle panel||Throttle bottom panel|
|14 – 65 – 0.02||Trim top panel||Throttle bottom panel|
|14 – 65 – 0.03||Increase top panel||Reduce middle panel||Throttle bottom panel|
The following is a list of all possible inputs with corresponding teleport locations. Coordinates are listed using only the main components, for example, "2:56:10 --- 65.470 --- 0.03903" is written here as "2, 65, 03"
|2, 28, 01||Underwater, inside the west edge of the Destroy Psylithium Generators to free Quaggan prisoners event area, amongst hostile mobs.|
|2, 28, 02||Underwater, south-west of Sorrowful Waypoint - on the north edge of the Quaggan event area.|
|2, 28, 03||Underwater, directly east of Sorrowful Waypoint.|
|2, 49, 01||On water surface north-west of the Aquanarium Hydropost Point of Interest (POI).|
|2, 49, 02||On water surface east of Aquanarium Hydropost POI.|
|2, 49, 03||Next to Creator Zee at the Stormbluff Isle renown heart.|
|2, 65, 01||On water surface north-west of Aquanarium Hydropost POI.|
|2, 65, 02||On a small cliff above Creator Zee (a little east of the renown heart on Stormbluff Isle).|
|2, 65, 03||Top of the lighthouse on Stormbluff Isle - be very careful when jumping off!|
|8, 28, 01||Same room.|
|8, 28, 02||Ocean floor, south-east of Vonooroovah POI.|
|8, 28, 03||Underwater, in the middle of the big building at Vonooroovah.|
|8, 49, 01||On water surface just east of Sorrowful Sound island.|
|8, 49, 02||On water surface just south-west of Vonooroovah POI.|
|8, 49, 03||Next to Bram Dawnrazer (renown heart) north-east of Sorrowful Waypoint. Potential for hostile mobs.|
|8, 65, 01||On water surface, just off the north-east edge of Sorrowful Sound island.|
|8, 65, 02||On water surface above Vonooroovah village.|
|8, 65, 03||South of Professor Maciver, next to the Broken Beacon POI. Potential for hostile mobs.|
|14, 28, 01||Same room.|
|14, 28, 02||Underwater, south-west of Aquanarium Hydropost POI.|
|14, 28, 03||Underwater, just outside the cove at Laughing Gull Island.|
|14, 49, 01||On water surface just off the south-east corner of Sorrowful Sound island.|
|14, 49, 02||Solution.|
|14, 49, 03||On top of a boat just out from the cove at Laughing Gull Island.|
|14, 65, 01||(Same as 14, 49, 01)|
|14, 65, 02||On water surface south of Sorrowful Sound (halfway to Laughing Gull Island).|
|14, 65, 03||Midair in the cove at Laughing Gull Island.|
- ^ This is the only way to reach The lighthouse location and it is difficult to get down from safely. There are four options: 1) Glide down safely. 2) The second highest platform, on the south-west side of the lighthouse, is safe to land on and it is simple to hop down from there. Note that the highest platform is angled enough to slip and hence someone attempting to land on this platform falls all the way to the ground and dies. 3) The other option is to jump towards the water (facing south-west) and hold forward the whole way down. A speed boost will help to make the water, but is not required. 4) Use a waypoint.
- ^ The spawn point is high enough in the air to push your character underwater.
- Despite being recognized as a jumping puzzle by the game, this puzzle involves no actual jumping (so it's more of a 'swimming' puzzle)
- Completing the first part (#3 above) before the golems repair the lights of course buys you more time. However, if you take too long trying to complete the second
part (#4 above) you will have to start all over again.
- Players with Advanced Gliding are capable of gliding down from the Lighthouse location (coordinates: 2, 65, 03) to the Test Platform.