When entering the structured PvP game type, the player's experience bar turns into a PvP rank bar. Here the player can see the current rank and progress towards next rank.
To view total accumulated rank points, the player can open the Achievements panel, look under Competitive, and view progress towards the PVP Conqueror achievement.
Earning rank points
Rank points are earned at the end of a match and are based on whether your team won or lost and the duration the player was part of the match [verification requested].
|Match type||Max Rank points per win||Max Rank points per loss|
Whenever an account reaches a new PvP Rank, the player receives a rank-up chest based on the rank earned.
|Rank||Rank-up chest rewarded|
|1 - 9||Small Rank-Up Chest|
|10 - 29||Medium Rank-Up Chest|
|30 - 80+||Large Rank-Up Chest|
For every 10 ranks earned a new finisher is unlocked for the account. This can also be displayed through the /rank command anywhere except for inside a WvW battleground, underwater, or during a structured PvP match.
- Rabbit Rank Finisher (rank 1)
- Deer Rank Finisher (rank 10)
- Dolyak Rank Finisher (rank 20)
- Wolf Rank Finisher (rank 30)
- Tiger Rank Finisher (rank 40)
- Bear Rank Finisher (rank 50)
- Shark Rank Finisher (rank 60)
- Phoenix Rank Finisher (rank 70)
- Dragon Rank Finisher (rank 80)
With the release of Heart of Thorns, each 10 ranks also unlocks a new jungle themed PvP Reward Track which must then be completed to gain a Mordrem variation of the respective rank finisher. These Mordrem rank finishers have an overall green hue and contain thorns around the banner. All of them use the same base model except the Mordrem Dragon Finisher which has a Heart of Thorns legendary Wyvern instead.
PvP rank emote
- The /rank emote has a cooldown of 60 seconds.
- The December 13, 2016 update removed the PvP rank 80 cap, and players were awarded repeated ranks of 80 retroactively.
- In the December PvP update, the command /rank was updated to allow /rank [rank_level] to show any unlocked rank finisher. (e.g. /rank 43 spawns the tiger rank finisher if it is unlocked in the account).
- The December 14, 2012 update removed the function of the emote /rank from certain areas: WvW maps, sPvP matches, and activities, but it functions everywhere else.
- An ArenaNet developer was seen with Rank 205 on a test server during a livestream.
- Until April 15, 2014, the highest verified rank a player had achieved was Phoenix (70-79). The update changed the ranking system and many players were promoted to Dragon (80)
- The Wolf rank animation bears a strong resemblance to the Three Wolf Moon meme.