You will die where and when I decide!
Deimos, like all demons, was born in the Mists. At some point in time he struck an accord with the mursaat, becoming an agent of the Unseen Ones. He tormented their valuable prisoner, Saul D'Alessio, who was locked deep within the Bastion of the Penitent, in order to break his psyche and turn him into the mursaat's puppet while feasting on his suffering. Due to the bastion being built in a location where the borders between the physical realm of the living and the Mists were less strict, Deimos could oversee Saul from the comfort of a demonic realm and pass over to the physical realm whenever needed.
When a raiding party reached the heart of the bastion in 1330 AE and some of them were drawn into the demonic realm while trying to free Saul, Deimos attempted to stop them but failed. He manifested in the physical realm to continue the battle and intimidate his opponents. The demon continuously taunted Saul and the raiders and even ended up drawing the party into the demonic realm in order to finish them off there.
However, Deimos was defeated for good when, against his expectations, Saul overcame his personal demons and joined the raiders' side. Following the demon's demise, the party returned to the physical realm. The victory was bittersweet, however, as Saul passed away soon after, finally freed from centuries of torment.
- For walkthrough, see: Bastion of the Penitent#Deimos
- Agent of the Unseen
- Fixates onto the player with the highest toughness.
- Devour - Deimos has consumed sins, increasing the demon's strength. Deals 2% additional damage per stack.
- Demonic Aura - Deimos pulses energy every 3 seconds, damaging all foes in range.
- Deals periodic damage to foes.
- Demonic Shockwave - Deimos slams its fists, creating a massive shockwave.
- Deimos slams its hands downwards causing a large invisible shockwave that hits multiple times dealing Knockback and moderate damage.
- Demonic Tears - Periodic spawns shown as small white circles. After a short time, will begin firing bloodstone projectiles at party members. Demonic Tears can be removed by walking on top of them, which will apply a small DoT and debuff that prevents the player from disabling further demonic tears for a short duration. Debuff is represented as a green skull over the player's head.
- Mace Smash - A basic attack with either his left or right weapon that deals moderate damage.
- Annihilate - Deimos smashes the ground, knocking back players.
- A powerful knockback that cascades from the front of Deimos to the back, launching players hit by it far away. If a player is close to the edge of the platform they may fall off and be instantly defeated.
- Mind Crush - Deimos unleashes Saul's sins, creating devastating damage. Cannot be evaded or mitigated with invulnerability.
- Channeled for 5 seconds, pulsing damage every second and killing everyone that is not standing inside Saul's protective bubble with the last pulse. Can be blocked but not evaded or absorbed with invulnerability.
- Rapid Decay - Drops a black field that deals heavy damage and expands every time a player is hit by it up to 3 times. Rapid Decay targets the player closest to Deimos excluding the fixated tank.
- Soul Feast - Deimos creates deadly zones around the room that can periodically be consumed.
- Places multiple grasping hands underneath the player that the furthest from Deimos. If Deimos walks over these grasping hands, he gains Devour.
- Primary article: Saul's Chest
- Deimos has 2748 armor (1374 toughness and 1374 defense).
- Deimos has a ??? range diameter hitbox, which is considered medium.
- Deimos has 36 million hit points.
- Deimos is the god of terror in Greek mythology.
- He is the only raid boss who doesn't have a miniature version.