- This article is about the text displayed on each recorder. For a guide of where to find these, see Lessons Learned.
Zinn's Recorder 01
- *Zinn*: Is the recorder on? All right. For posterity. We've been ousted once again, exiled by overgrown ants.
- *Zinn*: I got as many krewe out through Asura Gate Alpha as I could, but the situation was dire. The gate has self-destructed.
- *Zinn*: There's no going back. I know not where Kalla and the Novus krewe are dead or alive. Good resources lost.
- *Zinn*: We transferred most of the animals in my menagerie and enough food crates to keep us fed for a while. We can do this.
Zinn's Recorder 02
- *Zinn*: I'm looking at this cavern and seeing nothing but potential. It's isolated, defensible, and brimming with magic.
- *Zinn*: I had not intended to come here so soon, but needs must and all that. I have my golems and a dozen krewe members.
- *Zinn*: It will have to be enough. The Eternal Alchemy has decided that it's time to build Rata Arcanum.
Zinn's Recorder 03
- *Zinn*: This volcano's throat will give us critical knowledge to help us go after Primordus.
- *Zinn*: It will provide the means to test flame-resistant armor and weapons. Fear not. I still embrace our original goal.
- *Zinn*: I am now thrice exiled: from the home of my youth, from Rata Sum, and from Rata Novus.
- *Zinn*: We'll do whatever it takes to climb back to the top of the food chain, and Primordus is the ladder.
Zinn's Recorder 04
- *Zinn*: Though I have no theory as to how they got here, we've discovered creatures living in the cavern.
- *Zinn*: Occasionally, for example, I catch sight of a nature spirit. I presume these are relatives of the druids of Maguuma.
- *Zinn*: They watch us constantly but do not let us get close enough to interact with them.
Zinn's Recorder 05
- *Zinn*: I've decided to build research vaults where we can work in safety, away from beast and insect attacks.
- *Zinn*: The golems have nearly finished the first one. In the meantime, we're culling and corralling the local beasts.
- *Zinn*: I won't allow local wildlife—or anything—to hinder us this time. I've learned my lesson. Kill or be killed.
Zinn's Recorder 06
- *Zinn*: The golems finished building the fourth vault, and so I ordered them to turn their attention to the city's foundation.
- *Zinn*: The vaults have kept my krewe safe while performing their research. There are four, scattered around the cavern.
- *Zinn*: I have claimed the first one, as my tools are already there, and my research is obviously the most important.
Zinn's Recorder 07
- *Zinn*: Finding food has become difficult. Nothing grows here. The beasts aren't exactly tasty. And the mushrooms? No.
- *Zinn*: I had an idea, though. I'm building a device that uses cuttings and food scraps to create new growth.
- *Zinn*: Early tests have proven successful, and I grew a potato shaped like M.O.X. this morning. I am optimistic.
Zinn's Recorder 08
- *Zinn*: These fools must stop bothering me so I can make progress. All their warnings and pessimism weighs on my nerves.
- *Zinn*: I am about to create a garden from nothing more than dried seeds and roots. We will feast!
- *Zinn*: If getting tricked by Joko was the low point of my career, this will be the high point. I am ecstatic!
Zinn's Recorder 09
- *Zinn*: Stand back, everyone! Prepare to be amazed! <sound of device>
- *Zinn*: Ha ha! Look at the fruit ripen! What magic my genius has wrought. If only Oola could see me now!
- *Zinn*: My terraformer is ready for Phase Two. I will transform the entire ledge outside Vault Prime.
Zinn's Recorder 10
- *Zinn*: Ignoramus druids. Dimwitted, nincompoop druids! You don't have the brain power to understand what I have accomplished!
- *Zinn*: You're not the first druids I've encountered, and you won't be the last.
- *Zinn*: Every year sees the birth of small-minded humans obsessed with simplicity. Go back to your caves and waterfalls!
- *Zinn*: You gave up life, flesh, and blood, to commune with nature. So what? Am I supposed to be impressed? This is my Tyria too!
- *Druid*: You are warping nature. We cannot allow this. You must cease immediately.
- *Zinn*: Or what? What will you do? Watch me to death? Please! Guards! Seize them! The experiment must go on! Stop recording!
Zinn's Recorder 11
- *Zinn*: (sigh) My terraformer isn't strong enough, but I have a brilliant plan. The druids will help me. Like it or not.
- *Zinn*: They give off delectable nature magic, the kind I need to take my experiment to the next level.
- *Zinn*: I've begun siphoning it off them—a small sacrifice for the advancement of magiscience. It won't kill them immediately.
Zinn's Recorder 12
- *Zinn*: Greetings, druids. You need look no further. Your friends are our guests. I can imagine your concern.
- *Zinn*: They are helping with an experiment, so you can turn around and go back where you came from. Nice seeing you.
- *Druid*: Who are you? What are you doing?
- *Zinn*: They call me "The Zinnsational Zinn" for a reason. You may call me "sir." Golems, please shoo our visitors away.
- *Druid*: We will find them. We see you.
- *Zinn*: And I see through you. You don't have the power to stop me. Go, before I have you all destroyed. Bye, now!
Zinn's Recorder 13
- *Zinn*: I humbly announce that our garden is a success! The time has come to move on to Phase Three.
- *Zinn*: First thing tomorrow, I will terraform the entire cavern. The schedule has been posted.
- *Zinn*: Oh, by the way, I do not recommend getting in front of the beam. It has had...unexpected effects on living creatures.
Zinn's Recorder 14
- *Zinn*: This is history in the making! Our enemies think they can chase us out of our home.
- *Zinn*: Nay! Today, we bring our Rata Arcanum to life, our final home! Never again will anyone exile us from... Errrrkkk.
- *Assistant Tiink*: It's the druids! They're back! And there's more of them!
- *Assistant Alli*: They killed Zinn! Noooo! Bleh...
- *Assistant Ylarr*: Aiieeee! Ugh!
- *Assistant Tiink*: Run...arghhh.
- *M.O.X.*: DE-FENSE PRO-TO-COL EN-GAGED. STAND YOUR GROUND.