Protect Zildi while she hacks the defense matrix
Protect Zildi while she hacks the defense matrix
- Rata Novus
- Event type
- Dynamic event
- Part of
- Outpost: Rata Novus
- Preceded by
- Use ley energy to power the golem's shields so Zildi can reach the console room
- Followed by
- Kill the golem that is preventing Zildi from hacking the mainframe!
- Hacking Progress
- Optional: Speed Zildi's progress by hacking the terminals: x%
Players must kill either chak that are attacking Agent Zildi or interact with consoles and successfully answer lore questions (listed below) to speed up the hacking progress. After either a wrong or right answer is entered, players must use a different console or will receive the message "Process_Error:System_must_reboot. Please_stand_by" but can return to the console upon interacting with a different console, switching back and forth.
- Bold indicates a correct answer.
- Vekk told the class that if we didn't study for the exam, a **DATA CORRUPTED** would grind our bones to make bread! While I question the tastiness of such bread, I have opted to study.
- While the concept of making purchases with such an unwieldy substance seems illogical, we seem poised to see *DATA CORRUPTED* as a form of currency for some time.
- Globs of Ectoplasm.
- Piles of Glittering Dust.
- Spiritwood Planks.
- *DATA CORRUPTED* was defeated by Turai Ossa. He was then released from prison by a band of sunspears. Our analysis has declared such as action to be questionable.
- Prince Ahmtur the Mighty.
- General Morgahn.
- Palawa Joko.
- After years of delays, our krewe headed northeast to *DATA CORRUPTED* in order to learn more about the magic of its origin. Hopefully, there will be fewer corpses this time...
- Anvil Rock.
- The Isle of Janthir.
- Bloodstone Fen.
- The centaurs led by *DATA CORRUPTED* are neither to be attacked nor experimented on. This tribe is friendly, and their home is an important refuge for krewes in the area.
- Malla Arrowmane.
- Horm Frostrider.
- While the scandal led to a sham of a trial against our great founder, Zinn, the Reactor Blast ability of the *DATA CORRUPTED* Golem was a power management marvel.
- Even the lowest student can learn how to be an expert from the Polymock Master *DATA CORRUPTED* in this three-part guide! On sale now in Rata Novus bookstores.
- The magical problem affecting Cantha is unique. My krewe hypothesize that we can reverse the effects of *DATA CORRUPTED* if given a few years and several tuna sandwiches.
- The Cataclysm.
- The Jade Wind.
- The Searing.
- Warning from Rata Sum to All Neighboring Cities. All geniuses should be on the lookout for the dwarf named *DATA CORRUPTED*. Subject is extremely intoxicated and has a propensity to punch.
- Kilroy Stonekin.
- Ogden Stonehealer.
- Dagnar Stonesplitter.
- Due to the Cataclysm, *DATA CORRUPTED* continues to be unavailable for research projects. This is especially unfortunate for krewes wishing to research the human deities.
- Ascalon. Kingdom of
- Orr. Kingdom of
- Kryta. Kingdom of
- The current civil war among the charr was ignited by *DATA CORRUPTED*. Due to this, city defenses have designated charr as Grade 3 Roving Threats. Approach at your own risk.
- Pyre Fierceshot.
- Vatlaaw Doomtooth.
- Scorch Maulclaw.
- While the squabbling of bookahs is hardly worth our attention, some find *DATA CORRUPTED* to be profitable trade partners. Regardless, city defenses maintain a shoot-first-analyze-later protocol.
- White Mantle. The
- The Kingdom of Ascalon.
- Shining Blade. The
- The Krytan Civil War left few, if any, *DATA CORRUPTED* alive. However, these creatures can exist out of phase with Tyria, so it would be premature to assume they have been eradicated.
- Judicial Notice: Convicted on charges of golemancer ethics violations, *DATA CORRUPTED* has been banished from asuran territories for ten years.
- Please note that, due to unfortunate shenanigans targeting our stature, *DATA CORRUPTED* has been declared "unequivocally unfunny" by the Council of Humor Analysis.
- Ogden Stonehealer.
- Mad King Thorn.
- Norgu of the Lyssan Fools.
- Notice to All Progeny: Playing *DATA CORRUPTED* "for keeps" is hereby forbidden on school grounds due to a properly filed parental-unit objection.
- Battle Bookahs.
- Arcanium: The Meeting.
- Before event
- Agent Zildi: Ah, the Console Room. That wasn't so bad! Now, to force a reboot the old-fashioned way...
- Agent Zildi: Uh-oh...that doesn't sound good.
- Event start
- Agent Zildi: It looks like one of those "noncore systems" kept the chak out of here.
- Agent Zildi: I need to register us as nonhostile in the defense matrix before I can risk turning it back on.
- Rata Novus Central Console: Welcome—to—Rata—Novus's—Central—Console. Please—enter—your—genius—identification—number—to—proceed.
- Agent Zildi: You can grab another console and help, or keep these chak off my back. Either way, get up those stairs!
- Rata Novus Central Console: Genius—identification—number—denied.
- Agent Zildi: Argh! We've got to fill in the corrupted data. It doesn't matter whether it's a personal log or a raptor-stew recipe!
- Agent Zildi: If we can sort out these garbled archives, it will stop wasting processing power going through them.
- Agent Zildi: Then it will send more energy to the central functions!
- Rata Novus Central Console: What—are—you—doing, technician?
- Agent Zildi: Just type faster and more furiously! These old systems respond to heavy-handed measures!
- Rata Novus Central Console: I'm—sorry. I—can't—allow—that, technician.
- Rata Novus Central Console: Accessing—fire—wall—controls.
- Agent Zildi: Fire wall? That might be what's blocking me. Let's see, what happens if I toggle this program...
- Rata Novus Central Console: Thank—you. Fire—wall—activated. Now—initiating.
- Agent Zildi: Wrong kind of fire wall!
- Rata Novus Central Console: Identification—verified. Welcome—back, High—Councilor.
- Agent Zildi: All right! You hear that? I'm the High Councilor of Rata Novus!
- Agent Zildi: This place might be overrun with blood-thirsty insects and murderous defense systems, but hey! It's all mine.
- Agent Zildi: I've opened a socket into the automated defense mainframe.
- Rata Novus Central Console: Species—"human,"—"norn,"—and—"charr"—recognized. Considered—high—risk, low—intellect. Execute—on—sight.
- Agent Zildi: You assume all nonasura are targets? Stop extrapolating, you pile of illogical circuitry! Fine. Let's make this simple.
- Agent Zildi: If it's bipedal, then it's an asura. Shoot anything with more than two legs!
- Rata Novus Central Console: Protocol—accepted. Bipedal—equals—asura. Targeting—systems—updated.
- Rata Novus Central Console: All—other—biometric—signatures:—kill—on—sight.
- Rata Novus Central Console: Initiating—murder—protocol.
- A large, bellowing creature that grinds bones to make bread is a reference to the fairy tale Jack and the Beanstalk.
- "I'm—sorry. I—can't—allow—that, technician." is a reference to 2001: A Space Odyssey.