Kill as many chak as you can before the timer runs out, but be careful—your scrap rifle is prone to overheating! Destroying chak eggs will release a goo that will heal you and cool your rifle if you are close by, but it's likely to stir up the chak.
— Adventure objective
Scrap Rifle Field Test is an adventure in SCAR Bivouac in which the player must kill as many chak as possible using Scrap Rifle skills while not allowing their rifle to overheat.
Take the north exit from
SCAR Camp Waypoint —
and follow the path to the east. Interacting with the box of weapons on the ground at the end of this path (just south of Cascade Descent
) will bring up a dialog to take you into a single-player instance where you can interact with the flag to start.
Upon entering, players have the option to use the Action Cam
- Glider Basics ( Gliding Level 1) — Recommended.
- Bouncing Mushrooms ( Itzel Lore Level 1) — Recommended.
- Blazing Speed Mushrooms ( Itzel Lore Level 3)
- Adrenal Mushrooms ( Itzel Lore Level 6)
|| Shrapnel Blast
|| Fire a cloud of shrapnel that causes more damage the closer you are to foes.
|| Spray and Pray
|| Ignite chopper fuel for a makeshift flamethrower. Applies burning on the final attack and deals 10% bonus damage to burning targets.
|| Explosive Leap
|| Blast the ground, damaging nearby foes and leaping to your target.
|| Explosive Disengagement
|| Fire an explosive shot at your feet, removing movement-impeding conditions, launching yourself backward and striking nearby foes.
|| Rusty Shrapnel
|| Launch a cluster of rusty shrapnel that that bleeds, cripples and poisons enemies. Usable while gliding.
|| Charring Barrier
|| Burn and blind foes with a wall of ignited chopper fuel at the target location. Usable while gliding.
|| Throw Overheated Scrap Cannon
|| Throw your overheated scrap cannon within 5 seconds for a devastating final attack.
- ^ Replaces Charring Barrier and removes skills 1-4 if the Heat Level reaches 100%.
- Interacting with Scrap Rifles
- Scrap Rifles: The note begins, "Could whichever one of you makes it back to camp first field test these makeshift rifles I built from salvaged scrap metal?"
- Continue reading.
- "Try 'em out on the bugs in the nearby nest. Give yourself a point for each bug you take down. Here's a tip: shooting their eggs at close range will cool your rifle while healing you."
- Continue reading.
- "Kill as many of the bugs as you can, while you can. Keep an eye on how hot your rifle gets. If your rifle overheats, ditch it and get yourself to a safe distance."—Terrill
- Lock and load. It's exterminating time.
- I'm not ready to be sent on a bug hunt.
- (If the adventure isn't available)
- This adventure is unavailable until Terrill has tested his other weaponry.
- Killing all of the chak eggs in one play through will reward the Chak Egg Scrambler achievement. Having the Bouncing Mushrooms Mastery will help to achieve this.
- This adventure is instanced, so you might not return to the same map upon leaving, especially if you do not have a party or squad with someone in the original map.
- Conditions dealt by the Scrap Rifle skills scale with the stats of the character. It may be easier to use a character with high condition damage.